Torrents

p_brownstone

Using BitTorrent 6.4 and trying to download some TV episodes (individual Episodes of Big Bang Theory Season 5 - yes I know!!).

I have several Torrents which have nothing happening - Seeds show (for example) "0(2237)" and Peers "0(2155)" Downspeed and Upspeed ETA completely blank, Availability show 0.000.

I have no idea what it means when I see "0(2237)" for example - can anyone explain?

Patrick

Can you look at the tracker details and share them? Where did you get the torrent file? Has BT worked for you before?

Maybe the tracker requires a log-in, or is PRIVATE? Maybe your ISP is blocking the HTTP call to the tracker (this happens with some)?

get on a private tracker like www.xspeeds.com very fast but for some strange reason down today an usually have to have an invite,

this site has open membership an all the episodes big bang www.superseeds.org im getting download speeds of 600kbs at the moment on tot 6 mb connection very satisfy, torrents work great in thailand much better than paying for that ubc rubbish an actually get to watch what i want when i want.

get on a private tracker like www.xspeeds.com very fast but for some strange reason down today an usually have to have an invite,

this site has open membership an all the episodes big bang www.superseeds.org im getting download speeds of 600kbs at the moment on tot 6 mb connection very satisfy, torrents work great in thailand much better than paying for that ubc rubbish an actually get to watch what i want when i want.

I agree totally, True Visions as it's now called is so hideous I cancelled after 6 months. I used utorrent and get everything from piratebay and btjunkie. Pirate bay, for example, is full of the episodes that the OP was wanting

Video

(TV shows)The Big Bang Theory Season 5 Episode 8 - The Isolation Permutatidl.gificon-magnet.gificon_comment.gificon_image.gif11x11p.pngUploaded 11-05 08:34, Size 179.65 MiB, ULed by sanved7729625Video

(TV shows)The Big Bang Theory Season 5 Episode 10 - The Flaming Spittoon Adl.gificon-magnet.giftrusted.png11x11p.pngUploaded 11-19 16:25, Size 174.99 MiB, ULed by stu18129716Video

(TV shows)The Big Bang Theory Season 5 Episode 9 The Ornithophobia Diffusidl.gificon-magnet.giftrusted.png11x11p.pngUploaded 11-12 12:11, Size 175.22 MiB, ULed by stu1812902

I've never had a problem, although the speeds always seem better at nighttime in Thailand, I guess because most seeders are US-based.

I agree with aussiebebe , I have been downloading now on a regular basis for some 4 years, and it is movies and TV-shows. I have tried

some different hosts like Limewire (gone by now), Wuzo who messed up my computer a bit. And now since 1,5 year I use U-bittorrent and

I get all my torrents from Piratbay and torrentday out on the internet, I give you hereby the links or each of them:

http://www.utorrent.com/ free of charge

http://thepiratebay.org/tv/latest/ free of charge

http://www.torrentday.com/login.php free of charge

It is extremey easy to find all TV-shows you like to watch. Just go to the searchbox and whoopie you got it...

Good luck

Glegolo

Get yourself an Rapidshare account ;)

Torrent sucks in Thailand. The connection between seeders and leecher are terrible in East Asia.

It works only good in Europe and America.

Agree 100% the only way to go, torrents waste of time and bandwidth.

Torrent sucks in Thailand. The connection between seeders and leecher are terrible in East Asia.

+1

Yep, same here. I've abandoned torrents for good in favor of file hosting sites. Join a file sharing community and you'll never use torrents again. EVER. If you collect HD movies, tv shows, and lossless music, this is your best option.

Edited by Supernova

I have tried to join torrentday.

They say I already have an account..........

but when I try to recover the password, my address is not in their database??????

<deleted>

Suggestion; create a new emailaddress, and use that address and you will be fine...

+1

Yep, same here. I've abandoned torrents for good in favor of file hosting sites. Join a file sharing community and you'll never use torrents again. EVER. If you collect HD movies, tv shows, and lossless music, this is your best option.

Could you give me a link to a reliable file hosting site.

I have tried to join torrentday.

Suggestion; create a new emailaddress, and use that address and you will be fine...

Thanks

I tried that.

Still the same, crap site programming is my guess, as TD leaves a cookie

even if the signup fails........... :bah:

BTW I tried with FF then IE

+1

Could you give me a link to a reliable file hosting site.

I use rapidshare premium as I find it the fastest and most reliable. A five month premium account will cost you 240bht a month. For rapidshare links try oneddl.com, tvlog.me, warez-bb.org or bolt.cd. I also use jdownloader as my download manager. the only way to go. Forget torrents.

Why pay? From some paid sites you do get the movies with all the subtitles and other DVD info. Often of good quality too. On the other hand I download torrents and often get 400+ download speeds on my cheap TOT internet connection that I pay 650 Baht a month for. Rarely have I had bad quality from my torrent sites. I watch a movie and discard it. Why watch the same movie 2 or 3 times?

Anyway, I am happy with my download speeds from my torrents and would not bother to pay someone or some site for the same privilege.

Since addresses are flying around, here two others for good new films and music

www.1337x.org

www.ahashare.com

also if you look on Utorrent under the general tab, you can see a hash number, if you right click and copy, then paste into google and search you might hit isohunt or torrentproject, you can find other trackers here, just add them to the torrent by going to the torrent right clicking and then click on properties, after each tracker make sure you do a double carriage return.

On torrent project under the tracker list is menu, if you click this it will give you the tracker names with the double carriage return so all you do is copy and paste

+1

To be honest I just don't think this is true at all.

I use torrents from usual sites. I'm in BKK on True internet, 690B per month. I get torrent speeds of 800-1000kB/s for popular recent torrents. It takes me about 6 minutes to download an episode of Big Bang theory.

Overnight I can simultaneously download three or four whole seasons of various interesting sounding shows. I have 300hrs + of stuff like Treme, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter , the laughable Downton Abbey etc. on my external HD that I'll probably never get round to watching all of.

All free.

I think, as has been pointed out, OP is firewalled so unconnectable to seeds. Once this is solved torrents are fine here.

Complete rubbish - you're obviously doing something wrong.

Look at October's & November's figures:

post-35489-0-32661400-1323196681_thumb.j

+1

To be honest I just don't think this is true at all.

I use torrents from usual sites. I'm in BKK on True internet, 690B per month. I get torrent speeds of 800-1000kB/s for popular recent torrents. It takes me about 6 minutes to download an episode of Big Bang theory.

Check your peers list for "local peers". That's probably the reason you're able to max out your connection.

I only download 720p/1080p scene releases and WEB-DL episodes; most of them aren't available on public trackers. Having said that, my choices are pretty limited. I'd go with a private tracker, but the ones I'm interested in joining are by invite only (i.e. CHDBits, HDBits, what.cd). Fortunately, a lot of stuff available on those trackers can be found on file hosting sites and elsewhere, so it works for me. And yes, it can all be downloaded for free.

maybe the OP does not know what port forwarding is...

www.portforward.com

Am after some advice on this port forwarding. Last week i finally starting using bitcomet and successfully downloaded a few movies and a complete tv series ( speeds varied quite a bit ) however yesterday I started downloading another tv series and all was fine apart from being a bit slow. The girlfriend then shut down my computer while I was out ( save lectric :D )

When I opened it up again it would not download . Found out the listen port was blocked or something and then went onto the help screen . What followed was a few hours of torture following guides on port forwarding etc, but still can not get it to work.

I have access to my router but can not see anything there to change and set my windows firewall to accept bitcomet , but now am stuck. I am not particularly computer savvy but wonder if maybe its my AVG that is stopping something or something else I have overlooked.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

www.portforward.com

Am after some advice on this port forwarding. Last week i finally starting using bitcomet and successfully downloaded a few movies and a complete tv series ( speeds varied quite a bit ) however yesterday I started downloading another tv series and all was fine apart from being a bit slow. The girlfriend then shut down my computer while I was out ( save lectric :D )

When I opened it up again it would not download . Found out the listen port was blocked or something and then went onto the help screen . What followed was a few hours of torture following guides on port forwarding etc, but still can not get it to work.

I have access to my router but can not see anything there to change and set my windows firewall to accept bitcomet , but now am stuck. I am not particularly computer savvy but wonder if maybe its my AVG that is stopping something or something else I have overlooked.

all the instructions are on that site, you just click on your router model and it tells you how to do it step by step

www.portforward.com

all the instructions are on that site, you just click on your router model and it tells you how to do it step by step

What router model do you have?

Sorry for lack of reply, been out of the office. The router is a hauwei but that port forward website does not have my model number listed. When I tried this last night it suggested to select 1 closest but nothing I tried worked. To be honest I got frustrated and gave up, but I did try checking the port and it came back as being Stealth, which I understand is not good.

I actually tried Vuze on a recommendation before using Bitcomet, but for some reason the search engine was not coming up with anywhere near the same results as my friend who recommend it , not sure if thats relevant ?

As i said before Bitcomet was fine and I felt as though I'd just discovered beer and obviously want that taste back :D