Getting Vitamins Online

vagabond48

Hey, good news. Unbeknownst to me, my wife placed a new order with iherb as soon as our last one got turned back and it arrived today with no customs or tax added! The value of the order was 52.91 USD, and on the box was written "Natural Products for Personal Use, Quantitiy 1, even though the box contained three small supplement bottles and two tea tree oil dental flosses. The box was very small, only 6 1/4 X 4 1/4 X 4 inches. The package that got turned away was about double that size, so maybe that's the key.

Anyone know any Pharmcies where I can order face creams ie Metrogyl gel online either in Thailand, or somewhere that will ship to Thailand. Last one I tried was in the US and did not accept Mastercard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recieved three boxes from Iherb (including the one I mentioned three or four posts above this) since the one that got turned back. All have come straight to my house with no added charges. All orders were between 50 and 55 USD and all said "Natural products for personal use, Quantity 1" on them. Two of the packages arrived when we weren't home and the mail girl left the package on our mailbox and never even came back and asked for seven baht. Iherb shipping rates (and product prices) are so low that multiple small packages instead of one big one make sense. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

What puzzles me is how anyone is able to order from iherb anyhow, they refused to accept orders from me due to the credit card address being Thai, and despite my calling them. Do you all have non Thai addresses on your cards?? They were vehement to me that they will not accept orders with a Thai billing address. (Wasn't the shipping address that was the issue at that point, but the billing address...)

It has been a while since you asked this but nobody addressed so your question so I will respond. I just placed my first order with iherb.com. I used my Thai Amex card with no issues whatsoever. The order went right through with my Thai billing and shipping address. They are still not shipping express but as long as your order is 1.814Kg or under you can still use the Global Priority by DHL service for a flat US$4.00. Regular USPS international first class would cost US$39.65 for the same weight of my order. The $4.00 flat rate shipping is a fantastic deal. I used coupon code DSF797 and got $10.00 off since this was my first order and it was over $40.00. Orders under $40.00 will still get $5.00 off for a new customer's first order. It has been less than three hours since I ordered and my order is already in picking status and will be shipped the same day (US time) that I ordered it. I will report back when it has been delivered on how long it took to get to me in BKK.

I've recieved three boxes from Iherb (including the one I mentioned three or four posts above this) since the one that got turned back. All have come straight to my house with no added charges. All orders were between 50 and 55 USD and all said "Natural products for personal use, Quantity 1" on them. Two of the packages arrived when we weren't home and the mail girl left the package on our mailbox and never even came back and asked for seven baht. Iherb shipping rates (and product prices) are so low that multiple small packages instead of one big one make sense. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update. I just placed my first order and hoping it gets to me with no issues. I got some items at less than 50% of what I have to pay for them here in Thailand.

Edited by jackbox

• 2 weeks later...

My first iherb order arrived today. It came 12 days after I placed the order. I have another order coming that was processed five days after this one. I expect to receive it by Saturday or next Monday. Everything came as ordered in good condition. So far I am very pleased with this company and I found it thanks to people here at Thai Visa forums. You cannot beat the $4 flat rate international shipping fee. It appears that the package was moved by DHL to Germany and mailed from Germany. No problems with Thai customs and only had to pay the 7 baht fee for packages over 1Kg in weight. I have a code you can use for $10 off a first order over $40 or $5 off a smaller first order. Gift Code: DSF797

Thanks for updating this thread. I used to get my vitamins from swansons (excellent for Oz not good for Thailand with more than 100% duty charges) shipped to a friend or family member in Australia then have them bring it over but this is a lot more convenient for all involved.

Just received my Iherb shipment. USD 52. No customs charges. Straight to my door. It is important to keep the amount at no more than that to avoid customs. Offhand I believe that they use 2000 Baht as the cut off point but better safe than sorry as I did have a USD 63 package charged - and that becomes about 33% on top after all fees and taxes.

The shipping was again only USD 4, and weight was up to 1.8 kilo max.

They still do not allow other modes of shipping, but the USD 4 deal is anyway by far the best, and avoids customs fees as long as amount around USD 50.

Expect the shipping time to be 2-4 weeks with the average being 3 weeks (so don't panic!).

I used code YOQ460 at payment which will get you $10 of first time orders, or $5 of smaller orders. (code giver gets some points for it - you will get your own code at first order)

So in short: Iherb.com:

Keep amount at max USD 50

Weight can be max 1.8 kilo

Chose the USD 4 option (currently no other options)

Use code YOQ460 if your first order for discount

And don't forget to pick up a "freebie" with every order - see top of Iherb.com package

Finally; wait 2-4 weeks.

Cheers!

My first iherb order arrived today. It came 12 days after I placed the order. I have another order coming that was processed five days after this one. I expect to receive it by Saturday or next Monday. Everything came as ordered in good condition. So far I am very pleased with this company and I found it thanks to people here at Thai Visa forums. You cannot beat the $4 flat rate international shipping fee. It appears that the package was moved by DHL to Germany and mailed from Germany. No problems with Thai customs and only had to pay the 7 baht fee for packages over 1Kg in weight. I have a code you can use for $10 off a first order over $40 or $5 off a smaller first order. Gift Code: DSF797

I just got another package and it went through LAX and then Frankfurt.It had a 'cargo' sticker on it. BTW, after not being charged seven baht several times in a row, the mail girl asked for it today. Whatever. It was a larger box than usual because of what I ordered, but the value was only 40 USD and the weight .8 kilos, so apparently the price is the key as to whether you get nicked for 30+%.

Edited by Somnambulist

I just got another package and it went through LAX and then Frankfurt. BTW, after not being charged seven baht sevaral times in a row, the mail girl asked for it today. Whatever. It was a larger box than usual because of what I ordered, but the value was only 40 USD and the weight .8 kilos, so apparently the price is the key as to whether you get nicked.

How many days in transit was your latest order? What part of Thailand are you in? My second order is still in transit after 14 days from ordering date (was ordered on Friday so did not get processed by DHL until Monday or Tuesday so actual transit time probably 12 days or less). It did not come today and I am hoping to receive it on Monday.

Edited by jackbox

It took about two weeks, as usual. I'm in Chiang Mai. Hope this helps.

I just received my second order today. It took slightly over two weeks. The interesting thing is this one did not get posted in Germany as the first package did. DHL imported the package directly into Thailand and it has a Thai postal permit sticker that says "Laksi Post Office, Direct Entry" on it. I guess if volume is high enough they fly a container directly to Thailand to save money. However it gets here, so far I am very pleased with iherb and have a third order already on the way. I am saving over 50% of what I would pay for the products here in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people have reported that Iherb packages sometimes take as long as a month to arrive. Indeed, a friend of mine has this problem. He lives in the Wat Umong area of Chiang Mai, which is served by the Wat Prasing Post Office. It's central, being inside the moat, so you'd think they'd be efficient but they're just the opposite. My friend once went there to check on a package and it had been sitting their for six days. In contrast, I am served by the Sansai Post Office and packages always arrive after 14 or 15 days. So if you're having inconsistent delivery times, the fault probably lies with the slackards at your local post office.

Edited by Somnambulist

• 3 months later...

I have received more than 20 packages now - and I agree with previous poster that even USD 60-70/package (not including shipping) goes through without customs (just had one at USD 66 come straight through). Btw I am always charged the 7 Baht.

And yes; this month even the USD 4 is free and code YOQ460 will get USD 10 of any (first time) order over USD 40. (disclaimer; will get me some points) ;)

Cheers!