Annual Gift Fair

CMMCB

I see that nobody has mentioned the annual gift fair at the Industrial Promotion Centre, opposite the irrigation office on Tung Hotel Rd. The usual range of reasonably-priced and good quality handicrafts as in previous years. Good place for xmas present shopping. Leather, cotton, jewellery, food, sa paper, wood products, etc, etc.

I bought a good quality pair of leather dress shoes for 600 baht (advertised at 650) from a stall run by a friendly and helpful guy from Udon Thani. The missus bought a nice cotton dress for 250 baht. Lots of cheapies too - eg. 35 baht for a pair of shorts.

Take a look. Think it's on until the 11th.

CMMCB

Thanks CMCCB

Went this morning at 10.30. A lot different from the usual tat and a lot of interesting things to buy at reasonable prices. However a lot of the Vendors were from As far away as the south beyond Bangkok and their prices reflected tourist prices. But the majority were very reasonably priced. A very enjoyable couple of hours. Better than expected.

Worth a pleasant walk about and the many styles of crafts on display.

Thanks CMCCB

Went this morning at 10.30. A lot different from the usual tat and a lot of interesting things to buy at reasonable prices. However a lot of the Vendors were from As far away as the south beyond Bangkok and their prices reflected tourist prices. But the majority were very reasonably priced. A very enjoyable couple of hours. Better than expected.

Worth a pleasant walk about and the many styles of crafts on display.

Was there yesterday before i read this. Prices on many things were unreasonable. g/f was looking at some plastic flowers to use as props on a photo shoot. A small arrangement about 35 cm across - 720 Baht! She is a good bargainer but the seller would only come down 20 Baht. 700 Baht for plastic flowers??? We left at that point. Thailand is not the same as it was years ago, that's for sure (as reflected in the prices). Tourist prices...and then some.

re ... I see that nobody has mentioned the annual gift fair at the Industrial Promotion Centre, opposite the irrigation office on Tung Hotel Rd.

i was going to but ive been too busy : (

here ya go and its on to the 12 th

dave2

ps .. if you go past the raiway station heading out of town turn left at the traffic lights

and its about half a mile on the right opposite the indian consulate

post-42592-0-64332900-1323091385_thumb.j

post-42592-0-65987000-1323091416_thumb.j