Road To Trat Clear?

msg362

Hi,

I-ve looked up floods and roads but can get no definite answer, My daughter is arriving later this month and wants to get a taxi from central BKK to Trat to then go on to Kho Chang. Does anyone have up to date information on the state of the road? ( I'm assuming it's clear?) and if a taxi is possible how much can she expect to pay and how long will it take.

Thanks in advance ( I'm up in the cool north!!- Chiang Mai- so well away from the floods. )

The road to Trat has always been clear and the ferries to Koh Chang never stopped operation. (I was there during the flooding in BKK)

Take MW No 7 to Chonburi and get off the MW at Bang Buen. There take highway No 304 to Klaeng. Continue to Chantaburi and Trat. Before Trat, follow the signs to the Trat Airport and then go on to the ferries.

The whole trip from the Suvarnaphum airport to the ferry will take about 4 hours or 300km.

I don't know how much a taxi would charge. You might want to consider a flight to Trat, just 20 min and such a sweet little airport. From the airport to the ferries it about 10 to 15 min drive.

There are several ferries from the mainland to Koh Chang. The shortest trip is operated be a ferry called "Thannachart" . This ferry takes about 20 min to the island. On the island there are "song thaeow" to bring you to the hotel, unless of course, the hotel has a van.

The road to Trat has always been clear and the ferries to Koh Chang never stopped operation. (I was there during the flooding in BKK)

Take MW No 7 to Chonburi and get off the MW at Bang Buen. There take highway No 304 to Klaeng. Continue to Chantaburi and Trat. Before Trat, follow the signs to the Trat Airport and then go on to the ferries.

The whole trip from the Suvarnaphum airport to the ferry will take about 4 hours or 300km.

I don't know how much a taxi would charge. You might want to consider a flight to Trat, just 20 min and such a sweet little airport. From the airport to the ferries it about 10 to 15 min drive.

There are several ferries from the mainland to Koh Chang. The shortest trip is operated be a ferry called "Thannachart" . This ferry takes about 20 min to the island. On the island there are "song thaeow" to bring you to the hotel, unless of course, the hotel has a van.

Great, thanks for this I'll pass it on

Cheers