Used Car Parts - Any Ideas?

skorchio

Recently took my sportrider into Toyota with a steering assembly problem, the stabiliser arm was broken. They fixed it, did a full 110k service and replaced all brakes, for the agreeable sum of 9 grand. But they told me the power steering unit is shot, and a new one is 20k. I am sure a suitable replacement part can be found second hand, but it is difficult to find with limited Thai. If anyone knows of a 2nd hand parts dealer, I would be most interested. The car is a Sportrider D4D 3.0L, 2004 model. It is the same chassis as the Tiger, I am sure the part is the same, and there must be a million of those chassis' in Thailand.

There is a shop with salvaged car bits on Kra Road. That's the road over the canal that leads to Robinson. Shop is located over canal lights, and 2nd shop on right side.

Used to be a much bigger place at Fisherman's Business centre (before it became a plush trendy place). Behind the boat sales place. Don't know where they moved, maybe you could ask.

That's the only 2 I found but there must be many more.

Does anyone know the mindset about why used auto parts salvage yards(businesses) are not (for the most part) present here in LOS?

They are around,one just have to know where...I know a few of them in CM...Ask your mechanic,or a TV member in your location...

Does anyone know the mindset about why used auto parts salvage yards(businesses) are not (for the most part) present here in LOS?

some of salvage yards, nothing as good as the car grave yards in USA, but there is definately shops which sell and part out wrecks. Ban phli is where i usually go, but thats only if the local shops selling second hand parts dont have it. Some shops in bkk sell imported american parts but this is a hassle hence some rwd american classic cars are swapped with 1uz's and fwd's use nissan sr20s

Edited by caphant

There is a shop with salvaged car bits on Kra Road. That's the road over the canal that leads to Robinson. Shop is located over canal lights, and 2nd shop on right side.

Used to be a much bigger place at Fisherman's Business centre (before it became a plush trendy place). Behind the boat sales place. Don't know where they moved, maybe you could ask.

That's the only 2 I found but there must be many more.

LK, thanks for the headsup. Will take the 2wheeler into Phuket Town and find this place.

@Caphant - the trade in 2nd everything in this country is phenomenal, everything has a value and little is gifted. We just don't see it in the form that we are used to ...

• 1 year later...

Well, exactly it’s not a shop but you can get any sort of spare parts that you need at your place via some online stores like autopartsfair.com

It’s a massive online store in terms of spare parts and the most important thing is that you will get warranty on each spare. So just check this out I am sure they will help you out.

Well, exactly it’s not a shop but you can get any sort of spare parts that you need at your place via some online stores like autopartsfair.com

It’s a massive online store in terms of spare parts and the most important thing is that you will get warranty on each spare. So just check this out I am sure they will help you out.

Please show me where on that American website that one would find a power steering box for a Toyota Hilux that the OP was asking about.

EDIT just saw the date of the thread, I assume you bumped it to advertise your website.

Edited by Spoonman