His Majesty The King Calls For Collective Efforts To Alleviate Flood Suffering

webfact

LONG LIVE THE KING

His Majesty grants audience, calls for collective efforts to help flood victims

30171265-01_big.JPG

His Majesty the King Monday granted audience to all walks of life on the main Mukkhadej balcony at Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall and called for utmost, collective efforts to ease Thai people's flood suffering.

In his birthday speech, His Majesty said people involved in flood relief operations must forget conflicts and must encourage one another.

"Do as much as you can" HM told the government and all officials involved in water management, regarding his ideas of how to manage water.

"It was just my suggestion, not my command," HM says, regarding his water management ideas.

His Majesty said the nation can be stable only when its people are safe and have good living.

His Majesty made his appearance at the main Mukkhadej balcony at 11 am.

Then, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn represented the Royal Family members and government officials to pay homage and wish His Majesty a happy birthday in a ceremony at the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra represented government officials to make a speech to wish His Majesty happy birthday. "Your Majesty is my guiding light and guiding light of all Thai people," Yingluck said in the speech.

Tens of thousands of people shouted 'Long Live the King' as His Majesty left the Siriraj Hospital on his way to the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall.

The people gathered to sit along the path from the hospital to the throne hall since early Monday morning to wait for His Majesty.

They shouted 'Long Live the King' as His Majesty passed by. They waved national flags and His Majesty's flags. Many also carried His Majesty's portraits. Several were seen with tears of joy.

His Majesty returned to the Siriraj Hospital at 11:50 am amid reverberations of 'Long Live the King' shouted by his subjects along the way.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-05

Is this the entire speech made by His Majesty The King?

His Majesty made quite a long speech considering his frail condition and my wife translated it to me.

About 10 minutes in all??

No dry eyes here.

We love and respect the King so very much. :jap:

No doubt it will be on TV tonight.

Edited by Jing Joe

HM the King urges working together to resolve flood problems

image_201112051233440CB6A8D6-E234-AD71-3A5DA58047CF27AD.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 5 - Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej on Monday called on all parties to work together to solve flood problems and avoid conflict for the well-being of the Thai people and national security as he granted a grand public audience at the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall on the auspicious occasion making his seventh-cycle anniversary.

King Bhumibol appeared at the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall Monday morning. Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Princess Sirindhorn, Princess Chulabhorn and members of the royal family also attended the royal ceremony.

Along the processional route to the Grand Palace from Siriraj Hospital where His Majesty has been receiving treatment since 2009, Thais lined up and voiced "Long Live the King." Some well-wishers encamped at the roadside overnight to ensure that they would get the best vantage point as the royal motorcade passed by in the morning.

King Bhumibol turned 84 today and appeared ont the balcony of the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall at around 11am to grant an audience to privy councillors, cabinet members, state officials, foreign diplomats, members of parliament, the three armed forces, the police and the general public.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn offered birthday good wishes to His Majesty, followed by the prime minister, the president of the national assembly, and the president of the supreme court.

The supreme commander of the armed forces led 480 Royal Guards to renew their oath of allegiance before the king.

The revered monarch addressed to the public telling his people that all parties should work at full capacity for the well-being of the citizenry as this leads to national security.

The king referred to the country's current flooding, the worst in decades, saying concerned persons should cooperate to solve the crisis as soon as possible and apply sustainable water resources management.

King Bhumibol said he earlier advised regarding some water management projects but it depended on the concerned agencies themselves to consider what to do next, as that he offered was simply advice, not a command.

The most important thing, His Majesty emphasised, is that there should be no conflict and divisiveness. Everyone should encourage each other so that the goal will be achieved, resulting in the happiness of the Thai people and the security of the country.

HM the King and members of royal family returned to Siriraj Hospital after the audience at the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-12-05

Exactly as it should be. Stop the complaining and bitching and dig-in to help one another. :)

Thai people should listen to their King and stop fighting among each other. Its been 6 years, too long for any petty immature conflicts. The flood has caused hardships, please don't make it any harder, forgive one another and work together for Thailand because its is truly a wonderful country, lucky to have a kind and good King.

His Majesty made quite a long speech considering his frail condition and my wife translated it to me.

No dry eyes here.

Thanks Jing Joe! I too greatly admire the King and hold him in the highest esteem humanly possible.

He is a great Humanitarian. I love his undertones and his wisdom in guiding the misguided.

No dry eyes here.

Yes, so nice to see on t.v. the respect and love of the Thai people for their King.

It has been a very hard year for the Thai people.

It has been a very hard year for his majesty the King.

God love the King.

Exactly as it should be. Stop the complaining and bitching and dig-in to help one another. :)

...and stop all this pandering to Thaksin which is disrupting the flood efforts. What is needed now is to focus solely on THE PEOPLE's plight and not the concerns of one evil and corrupt fugitive wanting to come back to where he doesn't belong any more!!!!

Quite simple really - DO YOUR job Yingluck and forget the rest, as it only acts as an unwanted distraction in this time of need!!!!:jap:

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

He has stated many times that he is no fan of the LM law and is open to criticism.

Forget LM. Every time he speaks he speaks sense. In many ways the country would be better off under absolute rule by decree. He is truly benevolent and a wise man. Certainly far wiser and benevolent than most of the elected representatives. IMHO.

Long may he live. Happy Birthday HM The King, may you have many more.

impressing, simply impressing... No other country in the world loves its Monarch so much as in Thailand. I am sincerely impressed, every year more and more.

Yes it is a wonderful thing how the Thai people love their King, impressive indeed sir.

I am an old English man and I remember a time when our people had love and respect for our Royal Family.

Unfortunately that seems to have virtually died away.

Maybe the anti-royalists got into the people with their remarks about how much the Royal Family costs!

What price do you pay for history, your love for your Queen, the heritage?

O.k. these people beat me...let's have a head of state, a president...elected by the people for the people!

Never..how can you remember history and instead love a guy in a tailor made suit...

Our Queen mother lived to be 100 years old...

Long Live the King of Thailand.

A Great man who always loved his people and always will...

While many nations past rulers have made a colorful story of events and wars, the fact of the matter is that a benevolent ruler would be the better thing than a corrupt democracy. Yes, I know, how does one guarantee or know what will happen in advance - one cannot.

But then we can try to look at the second best - take heed at the words HRM expresses in his speeches and build the nation going forward.

The problems often arise when the elected officials have no wish to follow the words of a wise man. The nation would be very different if they had.

Happy birthday to His Royal Majesty.

I used to laugh and mock my girl friend about King and Buddha.

Now I don't.

My girlfriend told me she loves King.

I saw and read see what Thailand short term political Government said and did, and did not.

And I began to see value and goodness in King.

We have a Queen ourselves,and we don't take any notice of her.

I wish we did.

Our Governments here in NZ are completely bland and meaningless.

I wish Thailand King more wisdom and strength and power.

Edited by peterquixote

The King of Thailand has my utmost respect and he is my personal Thai Hero :jap:

The people of Thailand do not know how truly great he is, and how glad they should be that he is their KING.

I wish him a long and happy life. I also wish him strength and wisdom to get Thailand through the difficult times to come. His advices are always spot on and wise :jap:

Your Majesty. I would like to wish you a very happy birthday and many mony long and happy years ahead for you in good health.

Thank for for your kindness in letting me stay in Thailand on a retirement visa. I am very happy to be in this beautiful country with

very loving people.

Thank you Your Majesty and I wish you a very happy day today on your birthday. Huck

No dry eyes here.

Thanks Jing Joe! I too greatly admire the King and hold him in the highest esteem humanly possible.

He is a great Humanitarian. I love his undertones and his wisdom in guiding the misguided.

+2

It is my great wish that we celebrate this day with his majesty for many more years.

LONG LIVE THE KING

Maybe if we put the king and the prince in a room with some of these people and they had to explain why they are doing these things to his people they might come up with a solution

Edited by kingstonkid

Its so refreshing to read a Thai Visa forum where everyone is in agreement and being positive about the news. And I am sure all of it is sincere. The King represents an era of people that made me what I am and I will always hold those who stand for the simple honest truth in highest regard.

Everyone who loves Thailand knows that HRM can take a lot of the credit for this being one of the best places in the world to live. A Beacon to family and community spirit.

:jap:

Edited by bitterbatter

Does anyone know, and if so please post a link to it here, if there's an English version of the complete remarks by the King today...

If my wife's English were better I'd volunteer to post it from the video recording we got

from Ch 5 via satellite here in Oz, but to do Royal justice to His Majesty, we

had all better wait for a faithful translation. Sorry -- but tempted.

BTW. Thai Ch 5 is on the Optus D2 satellite. Same as Austar. Just need a satellite digital set top box.