Iran claims to have shot down U.S. drone

News_Editor

I think you need to research this a bit. Especially the Iranian support of terrorist groups.

As well as how they treat their own citizens. I for one, would not want to be a citizen there. Iranians are a great people. Their government is not.

I think I do not need to do so......It is not my business what other countries do.

If at such a time it is a direct threat fine.....Note I said direct not perceived.

On the other hand I do notice my own government does support terrorist groups when it suits their own needs.

That does bother me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that these two are also the ones chomping at the bit to bomb a country that has done not 1 aggressive thing.

I think you need to research this a bit. Especially the Iranian support of terrorist groups.

As well as how they treat their own citizens. I for one, would not want to be a citizen there. Iranians are a great people. Their government is not.

http://terrorism.about.com/od/iran/p/Iran2.htm

hmmm... that's a valid reason to bomb a country?

They are making weapons that Iran has agreed not to make. One could call it war or preventing a criminal act. Either way, it is justice.

that they are making weapons is presently an unsubstantiated assumption. presently Iran is enriching Uranium and there is no agreement that prevents Iran from doing so.

correct may be that Iran is striving to produce nuclear warheads, the only means to counteract the continous threats from well known war mongers and their bootlicking lackeys.

Funny that these two are also the ones chomping at the bit to bomb a country that has done not 1 aggressive thing.

http://terrorism.abo...ran/p/Iran2.htm

Where did I say that????

Ww

1323649772[/url]' post='4906453']
1323449269[/url]' post='4901812']
1323449126[/url]' post='4901807']
1323449020[/url]' post='4901803']

Ooops! Turns out the drone in the propaganda photos/videos is REAL. Obama even considered a strike into Iran to destroy the drone but didn't because that would be seen as an act of war.

big mistake is us/uk/israel go to war with iran.

There is a strong argument for what you're saying. It would be a very costly move. In any case, let's not kid ourselves, there is a soft war going on already. Well, not always so soft if you're one of the Iranian scientists who are now dead.

calling murder "war" is interesting.

In reality, what's the difference?

Ooops! Turns out the drone in the propaganda photos/videos is REAL. Obama even considered a strike into Iran to destroy the drone but didn't because that would be seen as an act of war.

The strike into Pakistan wasn't seen as an act of war, it certainly didn't help relations with a supposedly friendly country, and it definitely has caused further anti-American feeling both in Pakistan and elsewhere, but I can't recall any Pakistani government officials calling it an act of war.

Probably Obama remembers the debacle that was Operation Eagle Claw, the last US mission into Iran, (April 1980).

8 killed, 4 wounded, 1 helicopter and 1 transport aircraft destroyed (by the helicopter crashing into it), and a further 5 helicopters abandoned or captured.

Call me cynical, but the sudden resurrection of the story of former FBI agent Robert Levinson, who supposedly vanished in Iran in 2007, is a mediocre attempt by the US government to show just how bad those Iranians are.

Is the US so desperate for a war with Iran it will resort to anything in an attempt to discredit Iran's government ?

ISLAMABAD -- Pakistan will shoot down any U.S. drone that intrudes its air space per new directives, a senior Pakistani official told NBC News on Saturday.

Asghar Achakzai / AFP - Getty Images file

Pakistani security personnel examine a crashed US surveillance drone inside Pakistan in August.

According to the new Pakistani defense policy, "Any object entering into our air space, including U.S. drones, will be treated as hostile and be shot down," a senior Pakistani military official told NBC News.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/10/9352886-pakistan-says-us-drones-in-its-air-space-will-be-shot-down

http://terrorism.abo...ran/p/Iran2.htm

Where did I say that????

you answered to "bomb a country" with a lame diversion yada yada how yada they treat yakety-yak their own citizens.

Since posters REFUSE to stay on topic or follow the rules or treat other posters with even a remedial amount of respect, I will close this topic.

If you choose to take your inflammatory remarks to another thread you will get a lengthy posting holiday.

//CLOSED//