Cm Immigration Recent Experience Pls

Krub

Hi,

Can you confirm that the CM immigration requires only the following documents for a one year extension based on retirement ?

1. Passport and copies

2. Foto

3. Fee

4. Bank book and copies (minimum 800k)

5. Bank statement of account (minimum 800k)

6. Medical certificate

I live in Uttaradit and would prefer to go to Nan immigration but in addition of the above, in Nan they request an Embassy letter stating my local adress, confirming my nationality, passport number, etc ( similar to the paper requested for a driving license although this one can also be obtained at immigration....TIT)

Thanks in advance to confirm your recent experiences in CM

Edited by Krub

Don't forget the application, but yes, that fits with my list last February.

But, then being from out of the immediate area might cause them to request the same paperwork as Nan, na'? :o

Edited by Ajarn

Don't forget the application, but yes, that fits with my list last February.

But, then being from out of the immediate area might cause them to request the same paperwork as Nan, na'? :o

Ajarn,

Thanks for your quick reply and yes I will not forget the TM form.

It is 250km to Nan and a little more to CM. Both are the nearest immigration offices to Uttaradit. the next one would be Nong Khai and then Bangkok.

It seems from the Visa forum that in Bangkok at least they do not require the Embassy letter wherever you live in LOS. I was hoping that CM would apply the same 'standard', na...

Edited by Krub

CM did require a copy of my original Embassy letter, confirming nationality and Thai address, but also that I had retirement-pension or , in my case, sufficient funds to be retired before age 65.

They were quite happy to accept the original (15-month-old) letter.

~

I am on my fifth year extension and have never been asked to provide either a med cert or 800k in a bank. Friends of mine however, who are also on the non-immigrant O-A visa, have been asked to provide another med cert every year. It seems to have something to do with continuing to provide what was asked of you on the first extension.

If you have an income of the required monthly amount, you do not need any particular amount in a bank - I have gotten my extension with 2k baht in my account.

You didn't state your nationality but at the Amer Consulate here, you fill out an income affidavit and the Consul will notarize your signature without checking anything to see what your income actually is. This is fully accepted by immigration as proof of monthly income.

This of course is coming from a 65-year old guy so if you are under about 50 or 55, my info is of little use to you.

I have heard that once you have three years of extensions under your belt that you can apply for a 5-year extension but hear that it is still only done in BKK. Anyone have updated info on that? Do NOT forget to do your 90-day check-ins on time, every time!

Edited by Dustoff

~

I am on my fifth year extension and have never been asked to provide either a med cert or 800k in a bank.  Friends of mine however, who are also on the non-immigrant O-A visa, have been asked to provide another med cert every year. It seems to have something to do with continuing to provide what was asked of you on the first extension.

If you have an income of the required monthly amount, you do not need any particular amount in a bank - I have gotten my extension with 2k baht in my account.

You didn't state your nationality but at the Amer Consulate here, you fill out an income affidavit and the Consul will notarize your signature without checking anything to see what your income actually is. This is fully accepted by immigration as proof of monthly income.

This of course is coming from a 65-year old guy so if you are under about 50 or 55, my info is of little use to you.

I have heard that once you have three years of extensions under your belt that you can apply for a 5-year extension but hear that it is still only done in BKK. Anyone have updated info on that?  Do NOT forget to do your 90-day check-ins on time, every time!

Hi, I am from the UK and over 50 (retiremet age lower limit for Thai immigration).

I understand that the monetary requirement is EITHER (not both)

800k in the bank (with proof it came from out of Thailand)

OR

a monthly income confirmed by an Embassy letter

I will have the 800k certificate form my bank so am ok there.

Even then the Immigration guys in Nan want an Embassy letter to confirm my adress in Thailand! This does not seem to be reuqired (as per other posters in the visa threads) at least in Bangkok and I was wondering if CM folowed the Bangkok rules or the Nan rules.

Looks like the US embassy makes it easy for you to bypass the monetary requirements

Cheers