Indian Tourist Attacked And Robbed By Thai Gang On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Indian Tourist attacked and robbed by Thai gang on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- An Indian Tourist was badly beaten on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Monday by a gang of Thai men and women. Mr. Yatindra Nirjun aged 36, who sustained serious facial injuries reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station following the arrest of one of the suspected attackers, Khun Nalaert aged 42 who accepted allegations he was involved. Mr. Nirjun explained he was walking along the beach opposite the Montien Hotel with friends when a group of two women and three men approached Mr. Nirjun and attempted to take items from his trouser pocket following a suggestion the women join Mr. Nirjun at his hotel. The victim reacted quickly but could not prevent the theft of his wallet which contained 20,000 Baht in cash and his mobile phone. The three men in the group allegedly assaulted Mr. Nirjun before running off with their female companions.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-12-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Change is inevitable, I guess, but years ago, I visited Pattaya fairly often from my job in another Asian country. I thought nothing of walking along Pattaya Beach late and night. There were a few unsavory characters, but it seemed quite safe.

Of course, there wasn't thaivisa to warn us of the things that could happen, but the manager of the hotel I stayed at seemed to think it was OK. I was cautioned against going with anyone etc.

So the Indian guy asked the girls to go back to is hotel room assuming they were prostitutes, and got mugged for asking?

Had he kept it in his pants he would've been in a better position.

Late at night, the Pattaya streets are crawling with drugged out ladyboy muggers, looking for drunk farangs to rob.

That's what they do. It's no secret.

Why the police don't notice?

Is it a total lack of respect for visitors?

Are they incompetent?

Do they benefit or have some relationship with these freaks?

Something's wrong.

So the Indian guy asked the girls to go back to is hotel room assuming they were prostitutes, and got mugged for asking?

Where exactly does it say he asked the girls to go back to his room ?

In the part you failed to grasp.

Late at night, the Pattaya streets are crawling with drugged out ladyboy muggers, looking for drunk farangs to rob.

That's what they do. It's no secret.

Why the police don't notice?

Is it a total lack of respect for visitors?

Are they incompetent?

Do they benefit or have some relationship with these freaks?

Something's wrong.

I disagree here, the police do raids on ladybois on beach rd every now and then.

Now the jet skii scam is less flattering on behalf of police

"Mr. Nirjun explained he was walking along the beach opposite the Montien Hotel with friends when a group of two women and three men approached Mr. Nirjun and attempted to take items from his trouser pocket following a suggestion the women join Mr. Nirjun at his hotel."

Again I ask you where exactly does it say HE asked the girls to go back to his room ?

"Mr. Nirjun explained he was walking along the beach opposite the Montien Hotel with friends when a group of two women and three men approached Mr. Nirjun and attempted to take items from his trouser pocket following a suggestion the women join Mr. Nirjun at his hotel."

Again I ask you where exactly does it say HE asked the girls to go back to his room ?

Where does it say he didn't?

It's quite clear in the story they approached him, if you want to take that to mean the exact opposite then up you. blink.gif

Just make up your own story.

Edited by kevkev1888

When i first came to Pattaya 22 years ago you could have collapsed drunk on the beach at night and your belongings would still be there when you woke up ,now i would be wary to walk along it even fully sober . :(

Pretty much the same as the UK..30 years ago was OK...now...darent go out in daylight in some parts of the heavily invested immigrant areas

It's quite clear in the story they approached him, if you want to take that to mean the exact opposite then up you. blink.gif

Just make up your own story.

No it isn't, he was being a horny Indian and made a proposal.

No it isn't, he was being a horny Indian and made a proposal.

I find it highly unlikely that any single male - horny or not - is going to approach a group of men and women and make proposals to the women - if they were indeed women to begin with.

It is far more likely that it was a very typical set up by a gang designed to rob single guys on the beach front.