I've Met This Great Woman!

I've met this great woman, I'll tell you how it happened…

I was in Nana, and I was ma-yeah yeah I know what you're thinking but trust me, stick with this, I was making my way down that alley between soi's 7 and 5 looking for some 5bt mozzie wet wipes, you know, the ones in the blue and white sachets what you get from 7-Eleven, and then I was going to see an Irishman on Petchaburi Rd about a pie.

But then I see her, sitting at a small portable bar, drinking hot Chinese tea and I have to do an about face when I get to the Tunnel and walk back where I sit down beside her and ask her if she has a light, I, of course have one in my pocket.

After comparing the horrible images on our cigarette packets (she has the lungs, I have the teeth) - I comment on her hair which is the most impressive and glamorous hair I have seen on a Thai – it was very dark brown and full of volume, bending up in places and ending half way down her back, very similar to Victoria Beckham's recent style.

FOODLAND

I strike up a conversation and naturally she assumes I'm on the pull and so I tell her I'm simply looking for some 5bt mozzie wet wipes, you know, the ones in the blue and white sachets what you get from 7-Eleven, and she smiles weakly and lights a cigarette.

"I think maybe you're a butterfly" she says, "but I am just here to see my friend."

I tell her that indeed, I used to be a butterfly but I found it a very unsatisfactory and lonely existence and that I needed and deserved more.

I offer her a drink but she doesn't drink alcohol, I ask for her number but she doesn't give it out but generously allows me to write down mine when I inform her I am currently on the lookout for an apartment.

Anyway, so I get my 5bt mozzie wet wipes from the 7-Eleven near Foodland and I go to Petchaburi Rd and see the Irishman about the pie.

TUESDAY

The next day, I am looking for apartments in Thong Lor and she calls and invites me to her building down the road and I wait in the plush reception.

When she emerges she looks magnificent, statuesque, a proper woman – by no means a girl, and she is wearing tight fit dark Diesel jeans which compliment her curvy, ripe, almost black woman's bottom, she has on a black top by Lacroix and a beige chiffon scarf tied around her neck like Marilyn Monroe but her full lips remind me more of a Thai Geena Davis.

This time I also notice she has very large bosoms indeed for a Thai woman but does not show them off at all, instead they are pressed wide against her chest by the top, of course, I had already made up my mind I liked her after speaking with her and she thinks her English is bad but it isn't really and after all, I can help her brush up on her coloquialisms and difficult words.

We go to a nice outdoor restaurant and she soon realizes that I'm a really top bloke and not just like any other guy, and we talk about world peace, Bangkok gridlock, Thaksin, Thai culture, money, coffee and the enunciation of 'intestines' against 'interesting'.

THE BILL

She asks me to guess her age and I get it spot on! She's 34 years old and it turns out she owns a hairdressing salon in Ladprao… I don't mind that she's three years my senior and she tells me she doesn't have any kids and has been out of a relationship for six years now but would like to be friends with me without assuming anything, "Nobody know the future" she says not seductively but factually and with class.

I have potato skins with sour cream and she simply orders a coffee and a hot water and she even offers to go Dutch on the bill which I, after a moments hesitation, refuse and push her two 100bt notes back toward her.

Turns out the only apartment available is the main suite at 85,000 a month which is a bit out of my league so I end up looking elsewhere.

We say goodbye in reception and she tells me her room number so I can call the room but still doesn't give out her mobile, but says she'd like to see me again.

I ask "what are you doing now?" and she says, "Going to watch TV" and presses the lift button, turning to smile over her shoulder as she enters.

So what do you readers think?

It's been 14 months since Ning (although I had a beer with her on Saturday – *see blog) and the Scamp is ready for a little romance, but the question is – could I for once in my life have found a normal and decent woman who is my style, which as I've said before is simply somebody who understands about life – neither a slut or a virgin but an equal and one which I can take my time with, but not too much time because she's probably getting on a bit in her eyes and I'm only here for a few months. :o

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest to her...

I think you need a bit more time...before you can talk about love...

Take the things as they come...don´t think about what will happen...

maybe the next time you see her you find out that she is not the one...

this is what i will do...take things as they come...try to be honest...

and enjoy the present moments...sometimes we get so overwhelmed about what will happen in the future that we don´t enjoy what we have now... :o

Edited by Glauka

I've met this great woman, I'll tell you how it happened…

I was in Nana, and I was ma-yeah yeah I know what you're thinking but trust me, stick with this, I was making my way down that alley between soi's 7 and 5 looking for some 5bt mozzie wet wipes, you know, the ones in the blue and white sachets what you get from 7-Eleven, and then I was going to see an Irishman on Petchaburi Rd about a pie.

But then I see her, sitting at a small portable bar, drinking hot Chinese tea and I have to do an about face when I get to the Tunnel and walk back where I sit down beside her and ask her if she has a light, I, of course have one in my pocket.

After comparing the horrible images on our cigarette packets (she has the lungs, I have the teeth) - I comment on her hair which is the most impressive and glamorous hair I have seen on a Thai – it was very dark brown and full of volume, bending up in places and ending half way down her back, very similar to Victoria Beckham's recent style.

FOODLAND

I strike up a conversation and naturally she assumes I'm on the pull and so I tell her I'm simply looking for some 5bt mozzie wet wipes, you know, the ones in the blue and white sachets what you get from 7-Eleven, and she smiles weakly and lights a cigarette.

"I think maybe you're a butterfly" she says, "but I am just here to see my friend."

I tell her that indeed, I used to be a butterfly but I found it a very unsatisfactory and lonely existence and that I needed and deserved more.

I offer her a drink but she doesn't drink alcohol, I ask for her number but she doesn't give it out but generously allows me to write down mine when I inform her I am currently on the lookout for an apartment.

Anyway, so I get my 5bt mozzie wet wipes from the 7-Eleven near Foodland and I go to Petchaburi Rd and see the Irishman about the pie.

TUESDAY

The next day, I am looking for apartments in Thong Lor and she calls and invites me to her building down the road and I wait in the plush reception.

When she emerges she looks magnificent, statuesque, a proper woman – by no means a girl, and she is wearing tight fit dark Diesel jeans which compliment her curvy, ripe, almost black woman's bottom, she has on a black top by Lacroix and a beige chiffon scarf tied around her neck like Marilyn Monroe but her full lips remind me more of a Thai Geena Davis.

This time I also notice she has very large bosoms indeed for a Thai woman but does not show them off at all, instead they are pressed wide against her chest by the top, of course, I had already made up my mind I liked her after speaking with her and she thinks her English is bad but it isn't really and after all, I can help her brush up on her coloquialisms and difficult words.

We go to a nice outdoor restaurant and she soon realizes that I'm a really top bloke and not just like any other guy, and we talk about world peace, Bangkok gridlock, Thaksin, Thai culture, money, coffee and the enunciation of 'intestines' against 'interesting'.

THE BILL

She asks me to guess her age and I get it spot on!  She's 34 years old and it turns out she owns a hairdressing salon in Ladprao…  I don't mind that she's three years my senior and she tells me she doesn't have any kids and has been out of a relationship for six years now but would like to be friends with me without assuming anything, "Nobody know the future" she says not seductively but factually and with class.

I have potato skins with sour cream and she simply orders a coffee and a hot water and she even offers to go Dutch on the bill which I, after a moments hesitation, refuse and push her two 100bt notes back toward her.

Turns out the only apartment available is the main suite at 85,000 a month which is a bit out of my league so I end up looking elsewhere.

We say goodbye in reception and she tells me her room number so I can call the room but still doesn't give out her mobile, but says she'd like to see me again.

I ask "what are you doing now?" and she says, "Going to watch TV" and presses the lift button, turning to smile over her shoulder as she enters.

So what do you readers think?

It's been 14 months since Ning (although I had a beer with her on Saturday – *see blog) and the Scamp is ready for a little romance, but the question is – could I for once in my life have found a normal and decent woman who is my style, which as I've said before is simply somebody who understands about life – neither a slut or a virgin but an equal and one which I can take my time with, but not too much time because she's probably getting on a bit in her eyes and I'm only here for a few months.  :o

What were you wearing when you met? What sort of pie was it? Will the massive reverse age difference be the fly in the ointment?

A thousand men meet a thousand Thai girls daily. Only you could write a novel about it. :D

I look forward to the next instalment :D

Take it easy man. Slowly slowly. Invite her out for a drink and see where it goes. Dont be too pushy. But you have to remember that you wont be living here and maybe she wont want to pursue anything if thats the case. BTW i live in Lad Prao if you are in the area. :o

What's your gut feeling Scamp?  Can you feel a vibe you haven't felt before?

Don't honestly know - she's certainly not dangerous.

I want to know more about Thai women in their 30's that don't have kids and what they want out of life because they are certainly different to Thai's in their twenties.

A couple of points (perhaps invalid) but a Thai female in her 30's without children and that good looking seems a little questionable. Are you sure she is female? :o 2nd is that she seems familiar with the term 'butterfly', don't know if you were speaking English or Thai but if English and she says that would suggest some 'experience'.

Otherwise if you are just looking for some short term friendly companionship and the 'money' flags don't show up seems good to go.

A couple of points (perhaps invalid) but a Thai female in her 30's without children and that good looking seems a little questionable

well, abit off topic, but for recently, woman in TH (and in asia ) we marry pretty late .. (from education, carreer) some women think they can stand by emselves ,and will be fine even if no BF/Hubby.

female friends of mine 10% married (we re early 30's) (90% not, they work as Doc, Vet, Engineer,Chemist..etc)

TGS

I want to know more about Thai women in their 30's that don't have kids and what they want out of life because they are certainly different to Thai's in their twenties.

all of them want to have stable/sucure life, good salary and/or family

What were you wearing when you met?

Casual smart - Lacoste polo and dark combats. :D

What sort of pie was it?
That's irrelevant to the story, but if you must know it was steak and kidney.:o
Will the massive reverse age difference be the fly in the ointment?

3 years isn't massive. :D

Take the things as they come

Probably the best advice.

Are you sure she is female?

Yes, I didn't even have to study the shoulders. *see 'WOMEN' under my 'Essential Tips' thread in the Traval Forum. :D

Oh for heaven's sake, just dive in. She's obviously not utterly naive and can choose to push you away if she wants to, which she apparently doesn't. More likely you'll be the one whose heart gets broken, which is a refreshing experience you appparently haven't done for over a year.

All authors are self-obsessed. How else could they possibly believe that strangers want to read what they write? Don't let Udon deflate your ego, he hasn't even got a hovercraft.

Lad Prao is a top area. If you're looking for a great place to stay in Lad Prao, PM me. It's too good a secret to release to the forum at large :-P

Don't take love-advice from a teenage girl. [Runs away]

a doctor writes.

dear confused of colchester ,

the teenage years can be difficult times what with insecure feelings , acne , nocturnal emissions and bad breath as almost constant companions.

a relationship with an older foriegn woman is to be avoided at all costs as it will only fail , leading to tears , heartache and premature ejaculation , and the effects of the rejection will almost certainly lead to a tendency towards strong homosexual urges.

you should embark on a regime of cold showers , abstinence from afternoon masturbation , strenuous exercise and prolonged bible study.

the wearing of polyester underpants is also strongly advised.

Oh for heaven's sake, just dive in. She's obviously not utterly naive and can choose to push you away if she wants to, which she apparently doesn't. More likely you'll be the one whose heart gets broken, which is a refreshing experience you appparently haven't done for over a year.

All authors are self-obsessed. How else could they possibly believe that strangers want to read what they write? Don't let Udon deflate your ego, he hasn't even got a hovercraft.

Lad Prao is a top area. If you're looking for a great place to stay in Lad Prao, PM me. It's too good a secret to release to the forum at large :-P

Don't take love-advice from a teenage girl. [Runs away]

:o

Brilliant and thankyou.

BTW I rang her this afternoon to ask her to tell the receptionist that I would not require a room after all as I had found an apartment that was the best kept secret in Bangkok.

I couldn't just accept a room there because it was in the same building as her and only 5 minutes walk to Bluecat's house - where I'm at now is where it's at!

Anyway, she asked if I was free this afternoon and I said she was welcome to call after she'd done whatever she had to do in Chit Lom (Something to do with tailoring) but alas, she never did - so I'm not going to chase her.

P.S. Go easy on Udon. :D