Dtac Introduces The First 42Mbps Aircard With Free Use Of Unlimited Dtac 3G Package For The First Month

Lite Beer

PRESS RELEASE

dtac introduces the first 42Mbps aircard with free use of unlimited dtac 3G package for the first month

30171392-01_big.jpg

dtac introduces Thailand's speediest aircard with special offer, dtac aircard 3G speedy 42 Mbps, supporting dtac 3G with up to 42Mbps of data downloading support.

Also, dtac aircard 3G speedy 21Mbps and dtac aircard 3G speedy 7.2Mbps are launched as alternative choices. All aircards are available in December at dtac services center, dtac center and I.T. stores nationwide.

All latest dtac aircards, under exclusive promotion, will be included with dtac or happy SIM card and free use of unlimited dtac 3G package for the first month. Alternatively, user can choose minute-based package for free 50 hours/month for the first 2 months. Each aircard boasts different characteristic to suit different preferences.

dtac aircard 3G speedy 42 Mbps : Thailand's first aircard with package that supports up to 42Mbps of data downloading, which is currently the fastest speed in Thailand. It also comes with Google Chrome for faster, easier and safer Internet access.

dtac aircard 3G speedy 21 Mbps : Enables user to gain faster and easier Internet access with exclusive function Fast-Link. By inserting this aircard into computer, the system will automatically access the Internet, allowing user to surf via browser without installing any programs or pressing button.

dtac aircard 3G speedy 7.2 Mbps : A popular aircard for easy access at market's most valuable price.

For more information about dtac aircards and packages, please contact dtac services center, dtac center, and I.T. stores nationwide, or learn more at www.dtac.co.th, or dtac call center, tel.1678.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-06

• 2 months later...

^ http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5033789

http://www.happy.co.th/home_en.php

http://www.happy.co....mid=368〈=en

I get quite good results with DTAC 3G, note my HW/baseband modem is limited 7.2 Mbps but there are many speedtest results on Thai forums in the double-digits. YMMV. added one not hosted by DTAC.

post-9615-0-02423000-1330821420_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-43675400-1330821540_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

they shouldnt even be allowed to sell the current advertised speed of 3.6 MB/s -or 7.2 MB/s

the service is a disgrace

Tells us about your experience? When and in which location?

its like when 3g came to europe way back when

unfortunately they advertise the theoritical max speed under lab conditions the technology is cabable of and over sell each mast with so many subscribers it all slows down to a crawl and the only time you get a decent speed is after midnight etc

its a bit like that in thailand now ,i know a lot of people who have yet to get 3.6 MB and theyre already advertising 42.0 MB ,at the businest times ,i can barely connect to the android market to downoad an app but its slowly getting better

its just the way the industry is unfortunately

they shouldnt even be allowed to sell the current advertised speed of 3.6 MB/s -or 7.2 MB/s

unfortunately they advertise the theoritical max speed under lab conditions the technology is cabable of and over sell each mast with so many subscribers it all slows down to a crawl and the only time you get a decent speed is after midnight etc

its a bit like that in thailand now ,i know a lot of people who have yet to get 3.6 MB and theyre already advertising 42.0 MB ,at the businest times ,i can barely connect to the android market to downoad an app but its slowly getting better

Three months later and you forgot the when, where and which equipment is being used. :)

Three months later and you forgot the when, where and which equipment is being used. smile.png

i didnt forgot anything but i have a subscription to AIS 3G and also TRUE 3G and i use them both in Differnt areas in BANGKOK,THAILAND

Sorry if i cant be more specific than that ,i dont have time to list every area i go to with my 3g phone :)

FWIW, DTAC/Happy's self-customer solutions are the best of the three providers; their web-based eservices platform shows you everything, including call duration, and allows for full management of your account. There are also Android apps. which give a lot of functionality.

post-9615-0-79200200-1331006647_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-98987700-1331006661_thumb.jp

• 10 months later...

well I,ve got the 7mbps and no it is no where even close to 7. I am tempted to buy the 21 or 42 but I have a feeling that will be a waste of money as have the last 2 options I have tried. 12 years of trying to get a decent connection in Thailand and still trying......truly amazing.

well I,ve got the 7mbps and no it is no where even close to 7. I am tempted to buy the 21 or 42 but I have a feeling that will be a waste of money as have the last 2 options I have tried. 12 years of trying to get a decent connection in Thailand and still trying......truly amazing.

even in the west ,you will probably never get the advertised speed

usually thats the theoretical maximum the technology is capable off under controlled conditions

in real life,geography ,buildings,weather,distance and other radio signals can interfere with it

Also the companies sell way too many packages so each mast is overloaded with users during peak times

and you are sharing that advertised max speed with everyone else whos finished work at 6pm and all trying

to upload a picture of their dinner to facebook at the same time :)

try it again at 3am and you **might** get close to the advertised speed

Using DTAC's 7.2 mbps aircard in central Bangkok I am happy if I get any speed at all.

Very happy if its more than 10 kbps which is quite good for DTAC 3G.

sad but very true ,

almost the first thing i ask when viewing any new house or condo is :

Can i get my own phoneline +buy internet directly from true or 3BB company ? If they say no ,i say thank you and leave

Ive been in condos /appts /hotels etc where you pay the landlord/manager 600thb to get the wifi password but

the 1 meagre package is being shared via bridge routers etc by the entire floor / or even building etc so it gets so overloaded

you cant even open an email or read a page without it timing out

I continue to get decent performance from DTAC. I honestly do not require greater speeds than this for my application - mobile data.

(FWIW, the specs like 42 Mbps are for the air interface rather than some proclamation of end-to-end interwebs speed.)

post-9615-0-68291600-1359960630_thumb.jp

Yeap, the specs/max speed capability of the Aircard, like a 42Mb Aircard, don't mean the broadcasting 3G service can provide that speed. And even if the broadcasting service was capable of 42Mb I expect you would have to be the only user and in a laboratory testing environment. Heck, most smartphones have 14Mb or 21Mb 3G capability but that don't mean the 3G service will be providing that speed.

how-how-how????? Utter rubbish scamming propaganda, they can make a device able to navigate to 700 Gazillions Terabytes per millisecond, but if when you go to use it the infrastructures on the territory can barely manage to let you navigate at 50Kbps there is something wrong, i mean really wrong.

It's like somebody selling you a lightbulb in the desert, what's the use of it?????

This is the best, at least as far as download speed goes, result I've had with DTAC - needless to say I am a satisfied customer. With TrueMove H I'm lucky to see 3 Mbps/500 Kbps - same baseband/modem, similar locations.

post-9615-0-12013300-1359970793_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

This is the best, at least as far as download speed goes, result I've had with DTAC - needless to say I am a satisfied customer. With TrueMove H I'm lucky to see 3 Mbps/500 Kbps - same baseband/modem, similar locations.

From looking at some Speedtest screen shots I had saved on my phone it looks like 8.2Mb down/2.9Mb up is about the best speed I've pulled with DTAC over here in western Bangkok...and I've pulled 8Mb download speeds quite often but 3G speeds in the 3 to 4Mb ballpark in my neck of the woods is what I see most often. While driving around various parts of Bangkok and nearby Nakhorn Pathom Province I've pulled everything from low EDGE speeds (approx 100Kb) to the 3G 8Mb plus speeds. I have a 14Mb 3G capable Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 phone.

It's like somebody selling you a lightbulb in the desert, what's the use of it?????

Last time I was in a desert, lightbulbs came in quite handy at night...

<duck>

Make sure you don't miss this 42Mbps Aircard too then, after all,all you have to do is just to put in place the hardware to make it works at the claimed speed, a true bargain! What about sending into space your own satellite next time you want to see a particular channel? Really, what it's stopping tv's manufacturers from advertising their tv sets being able to watch all channels of this planet? Perhaps we should just wait that these telecom business get their hands into it, so they could start a similar advertising's campaign....

I've been with DTAC/Happy now for 11 months and am completely happy with the 3G performance. I spend most of my time in metro-Bangkok, but have driven around Thailand a fair amount (south, central, north) and also get decent performance, but really only 3G in the more major towns, and provincial capitals.

I also have been using TrueMove H for the last 4 months, in a second phone which basically functions as a Mobile AP device. TrueMove H/CAT does have more geographic coverage, but the speeds are quite dismal when compared to DTAC. I usually see 8 Mbps/3 Mbps with DTAC, and 3 Mbps/500 Kbps with TrueMove H, in the same locations, with the same devices.

The 42 Mbps thing is really just an industry standard, not unlike any internet access technology, all of which have theoretical maximums. ADSL2+ is 24 Mbps/1.4 Mbps, but I may only get 15,328/1,067 (Kbps) based on my location/provisioning. All of the service providers here promote their 3G service as 42 Mbps-capable. TrueMove H calls theirs "3G+".

Not sure why anyone would either epxect tog et 42 Mbps, or even want it as you'd blow through your monthly allotment in a day or two.rolleyes.gif

But I would prefer if people chose AIS or TrueMove H and left all the bandwidth on DTAC for me. clap2.gif

So, yes, DTAC is utter rubbish. whistling.gif

post-9615-0-14401800-1360404939_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-06932100-1360404966_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Not sure why anyone would either epxect tog et 42 Mbps, or even want it as you'd blow through your monthly allotment in a day or two.rolleyes.gif

Why would that be ? The files you download stay the same size, only you don't have the time to paint your office before that 3 Mb email attachement has downloaded.