'No Thaksin Role' In Cabinet Reshuffle: Noppadon

webfact

Imagine if Thailand had a Cabinet composed of people who were actually well-suited for the job in terms of skills, intelligence, and knowledge pertaining to prospective positions.

Imagine if the selection process had nothing to do with the social hierchy of a candidate's family, the size of his/her purse, nor the chummy connection between candidates and the person selecting (in this case, Mr. Thaksin).

Ok, pardon me for dreaming. I just woke up and realized, this is Thailand, and such concepts are impossible.

Totally agree with your first two paragraphs, and until this scenario happens Thailand remains in the nasty clutches of the several get rich quick pyramid schemes operated by ruthless leeches with zero morals and zero concern for Thailand or other Thais.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

Sure, of course not, he's a criminal in self-exile, why would he even figure in?

Any particular reason you brought this up?

Today's Bangkok Post mentions that former Thai Rak Thai executives and Pheu Thai MP's have flown to Singapore to meet Thaksin today to discuss the reshuffle.

Poor old Noppadon does it yet-again ! No wonder many farangs here joke, one always know what the truth is, it's the opposite of whatever Noppadon just announced ! :rolleyes:

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

Sure, of course not, he's a criminal in self-exile, why would he even figure in?

Any particular reason you brought this up?

Today's Bangkok Post mentions that former Thai Rak Thai executives and Pheu Thai MP's have flown to Singapore to meet Thaksin today to discuss the reshuffle.

Poor old Noppadon does it yet-again ! No wonder many farangs here joke, one always know what the truth is, it's the opposite of whatever Noppadon just announced ! :rolleyes:

He's a lawyer by trade... just like Amsterdam.

ahhhhh got it now, silly me heres me thinking you actually had to not only be born in a country but also reside in it to hold office..... who knew with technology like email and mobile phones (pure black magic in my book) those stipulations went out the window!! watch out Cameron im buying a phone today and i'm coming after yer job!!!

Abhisit was born in England? :whistling:

jb1

Good to see Noppadon is still around.

Was he feeling a bit of relevance deficit syndrome?

He's Jonesing for the opportunity to return as Foreign Minister, once his banned from politics for electoral fraud expires.

That might explain why he shows such incredible loyalty to the old boss, despite being shown to be absolutely-mistaken, in most of his pronouncements ? One has to admire blind-loyalty, sometimes. <_<

But can it possibly be sufficient, to win his job back, when it's currently occupied by a family-member ? How to appear to be even-more-loyal/trusted than one of the clan, that takes some doing. :rolleyes:

ahhhhh got it now, silly me heres me thinking you actually had to not only be born in a country but also reside in it to hold office..... who knew with technology like email and mobile phones (pure black magic in my book) those stipulations went out the window!! watch out Cameron im buying a phone today and i'm coming after yer job!!!

Abhisit was born in England? :whistling:

jb1

And the most revered person in Thailand was born in the U.S.A.? So what?:ermm:

anyone with an I.Q above a goldfish would know that if you don't reside in a country it would be impossible to hold a position of office was my point. As plan A (kings pardon) FAILED. and then plan B. (getting passport back) failed then it would be obvious to anyone who bothered to use their tiny grey matter he couldn't possible hold a position of office for a country he doesn't and cannot reside in. hope thats cleared it up for the simple minded.......

I think you need to realize that this topic isn't about getting Thaksin a cabinet position but about his influence in who to select for the positions in the cabinet.

There's a video on CNN from an interview today with Yingluck. Hard to really understand what she's saying. And it's not just the bad English. It deals with the issues with her brother.

The transcript ... http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/09/ta.01.html

Maybe someone can translate Yingluck's comments into English.

There's a video on CNN from an interview today with Yingluck. Hard to really understand what she's saying. And it's not just the bad English. It deals with the issues with her brother.

The transcript ... http://www.cnnstuden...2/09/ta.01.html

Well, her English was obviously "good enough" to enable her to acquire an MPA (extra crispy with fries) at Kentucky State Uni. :rolleyes:

The transcript ... http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/09/ta.01.html

Thanks for the link. :)

The transcript is hilarious, perhaps PM-Yingluck would be well-advised to use an interpreter in future, as her command of the language has obviously deteriorated, since she earned a Master's degree taught in English from a reputable university. B)

I don't require any politician to speak English at an understandable level.

Ofcourse if they graduated from an English speaking University I might question how much the actually learned while being there if their level is below 'understandable'.

I don't require any politician to speak English at an understandable level.

Ofcourse if they graduated from an English speaking University I might question how much the actually learned while being there if their level is below 'understandable'.

I understand your view, but if the politician chooses to use English in an interview with one of the leading English language news networks it would help if that politician could communicate successfully. The cynics would point out this attempt at communication is similar to the government's attempts at communication, especially with respect to flood (dis)information.

Two sections of the interview... nepotism and floods

interview2.png

Video Link:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/12/11/talk-asia-yingluck-politics.cnn

interview1.png

Video Link:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=ias_bn1#/video/world/2011/12/11/talk-asia-yingluck-floods.cnn

Who took the jam outa your doughnut????

You did Tommy...you took the jam out of my doughnut?

Thaksin is a mf genius. From a distance he is able to control an entire Government and country.

The Democrats are basically impotent to deal with him or his group of hand puppets.

Jim Jones would be proud.

Thaksin is a mf genius. From a distance he is able to control an entire Government and country.

The Democrats are basically impotent to deal with him or his group of hand puppets.

Thaksin controls the government because all Pheua Thai MPs have signed undated letters of resignation and given them to him, but forunately he doesn't yet control the country, otherwise he would have been back already.

In the meantime the reputation of his sister and the government sinks further and further.

Yingluk's failure as PM to address the Thai Chamber Of Commerce was seen as yet another sign of her lack of vision, competency and authority , the rush of MPs to meet Thaksin to complain and cajole is a clear sign of a Cabinet reshuffle in the New Year, expect 6 or 7 posts to change at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thaksin controls the government because all Pheua Thai MPs have signed undated letters of resignation and given them to him, but forunately he doesn't yet control the country, otherwise he would have been back already.

In the meantime the reputation of his sister and the government sinks further and further.

Yingluk's failure as PM to address the Thai Chamber Of Commerce was seen as yet another sign of her lack of vision, competency and authority , the rush of MPs to meet Thaksin to complain and cajole is a clear sign of a Cabinet reshuffle in the New Year, expect 6 or 7 posts to change at least.

Yingluck will be a sorry footnote in Thai history.

Thaksin will return to take his seat as PM of Thailand Co. Ltd. soon enough.

Until then, the sycophants all fly to Singapore on Business Class at taxpayers expense to beg for a better position at the trough.

Meanwhile, the raft of populist policies that got Yingluck elected are a distant memory washed away by the mismanaged floods.