What Is The Admin Pass For Tot'S Dlink Router?

BuddhistDruid

I have recently relocated to Pattaya for several months after my house in Pathumthani became flooded past the 2nd floor. The house I rented came with internet preinstalled from TOT. The internet itself works as well as any internet in Thailand and I have been using it without incident for a few weeks.

But now I need to set up port forwarding on the Dlink router, and I am told that nobody has the password for this. The owner tells me TOT set up the router and he does not have access to it. I have scanned the internet for a list of possible passwords and nothing has worked for me yet.

Does anyone here know the default password for the TOT Dlink DSL router?

username is usually your home telephone number 9 digits followed by @tothome, and then password is then the home telephone number alone.

That is not to log onto the router that is the log on to complete the link to the far end server.

Dlink DSL-500 Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link hubs/switches Telnet D-Link D-Link

D-Link DI-704 rev a Multi (none) admin Admin Cable/DSL Routers/Switches

D-Link DI-804 v2.03 Multi admin (none) Admin Contributed by _CR_

D-Link DWL 900AP Multi (none) public Admin

D-Link DI-614+ HTTP user (none) User by rootkid

D-Link DWL-614+ rev a rev b HTTP admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.1

D-Link D-704P rev b Multi admin (none) Admin

D-link DWL-900AP+ rev a rev b rev c HTTP admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.50

D-Link DI-604 rev a rev b rev c rev e Multi admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.1

D-Link DWL-614+ 2.03 HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link D-704P Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL-900+ HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-704 Multi n/a admin Admin

D-Link DI-604 1.62b+ HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-624 all HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-624 all HTTP User (none) Admin

D-Link DI-604 2.02 HTTP admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL 1000 HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-514 Multi user (none) Admin

D-Link DI-614+ any HTTP admin (none) Admin all access :D

D-Link DWL 2100AP Multi admin (none) Admin

D-LINK DSL-G664T A1 HTTP admin admin Admin SSID : G664T_WIRELESS

d-link 504g adsl router HTTP admin admin Admin from product doco

D-Link DSL-302G Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link DI-624+ A3 HTTP admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL-2000AP+ 1.13 HTTP admin (none) Admin Wireless Access Point

D-Link DI-614+ HTTP admin admin Ad

as you can see here the list is comprehensive enough sorry the format did not work

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Edited by beano2274

Dlink DSL-500 Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link hubs/switches Telnet D-Link D-Link

D-Link DI-704 rev a Multi (none) admin Admin Cable/DSL Routers/Switches

D-Link DI-804 v2.03 Multi admin (none) Admin Contributed by _CR_

D-Link DWL 900AP Multi (none) public Admin

D-Link DI-614+ HTTP user (none) User by rootkid

D-Link DWL-614+ rev a rev b HTTP admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.1

D-Link D-704P rev b Multi admin (none) Admin

D-link DWL-900AP+ rev a rev b rev c HTTP admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.50

D-Link DI-604 rev a rev b rev c rev e Multi admin (none) Admin http://192.168.0.1

D-Link DWL-614+ 2.03 HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link D-704P Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL-900+ HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-704 Multi n/a admin Admin

D-Link DI-604 1.62b+ HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-624 all HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-624 all HTTP User (none) Admin

D-Link DI-604 2.02 HTTP admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL 1000 HTTP admin (none) Admin

D-Link DI-514 Multi user (none) Admin

D-Link DI-614+ any HTTP admin (none) Admin all access :D

D-Link DWL 2100AP Multi admin (none) Admin

D-LINK DSL-G664T A1 HTTP admin admin Admin SSID : G664T_WIRELESS

d-link 504g adsl router HTTP admin admin Admin from product doco

D-Link DSL-302G Multi admin admin Admin

D-Link DI-624+ A3 HTTP admin admin Admin

D-Link DWL-2000AP+ 1.13 HTTP admin (none) Admin Wireless Access Point

D-Link DI-614+ HTTP admin admin Ad

as you can see here the list is comprehensive enough sorry the format did not work

http://www.phenoelit...rg/dpl/dpl.html

Yes. Unfortunately TOT has obviously changed the default password, so the manufacturer's list isn't going to be of much value.

I did try Admin with a capital 'A' also though. But no joy there either.

For reference, the DSL modem is a 526B. Manufacturer's default password is admin, but obviously this does not work.

or hit the reset button and hold it down, maybe someone changed the password and did not keep a record. If you reset it to the factory config it should be on that list.

On a thread in thai, they use the following after a reset, hold that button for 30 seconds or more.

user admin

password tot

username is usually your home telephone number 9 digits followed by @tothome, and then password is then the home telephone number alone.

As keemapoot says this is the correct method for me

is that when you are already logged onto the Router?

That information is inputted by the user when they are logged onto the Router, as is with mine. I dial into my modem using 192.168.1.1 then

enter my password as the username is automatically entered, then when I go to the menu tab I can see my home phone number and whatever. Maybe other TOT areas have different rules.

If it was like that then also the password might not be @tothome, as it used to be @goldcyber or another name.

Edited by beano2274

Just do a hard reset. Unplug the router, stick a pencil in the "reset" hole for like 30 seconds. Then plug it in. Try all the generic user/passwords that you tried before.

If that fails call TOT.

That's the DSL user/password, not the router/modem user/pass. Also @tothome would depend on the package (not everyone will be @tothome)

Just do a hard reset. Unplug the router, stick a pencil in the "reset" hole for like 30 seconds. Then plug it in. Try all the generic user/passwords that you tried before.

If that fails call TOT.

That's the DSL user/password, not the router/modem user/pass. Also @tothome would depend on the package (not everyone will be @tothome)

Yes, you're correct. I meant to say that and that for the router it is usually just admin + admin

What is the IP you type in your browser?

Irrelevant as he gets the login page for the router so must have connected to it.

I asked the question because I have both a modem and a router on my network, and when you login it's just a standard pop up window from the browser that opens, so you don't know if it's for the modem or for the router. I remember I once used the modem's IP and the router's login/pass, of course it didn't work but my first thought was that I had the wrong password. But OP would have probably specified if he used both a modem and a router.

Edited by Chaam local

What is the IP you type in your browser?

Irrelevant as he gets the login page for the router so must have connected to it.

I asked the question because I have both a modem and a router on my network, and when you login it's just a standard pop up window from the browser that opens, so you don't know if it's for the modem or for the router. I remember I once used the modem's IP and the router's login/pass, of course it didn't work but my first thought was that I had the wrong password. But OP would have probably specified if he used both a modem and a router.

It's 192.168.1.1 and I am 120% certain that this is the DSL router, not the least of which because the password box comes up saying "DSL Router". There definitely appears to be a non standard password on this box. I have heard someone else tell me they use a custom firmware version which works much like VoIP boxes, and the configuration is automatically downloaded from a central server somewhere when it is first connected, including a random password for every customer's router. The idea being they want to lock users into their service and not be able to move the router to a different service since they also lease their lines to other ISPs.

If this is true it means I have no choice but to buy a new router if I want to do port forwarding. I haven't actually called TOT as I need the owner of the DSL line to do it, but if what I heard is correct then they will be unwilling to supply me with the admin password to the box.

Port Forwarding is not a necessity when downloading torrents, but can help.

shame it did not work, just go out and buy a cheap modem. I keep a spare TOT Billion one, as I kept my previous WIFI Router from True.

Edited by beano2274