Austrian Tourist Stabbed, Robbed By Phuket Youth Gang

Lite Beer

I hope the police send the bill for this mans hospital treatment and his damaged motorbike to these kids parents (as opposed to the victim or his insurance company). I'm sure that the parents when faced with a bill for a foreigner in ICU at Bangkok hospital and a foreigner motorbike rental repair bill. (even split four ways) will be more than a little annoyed and teach the kids the error of their ways.

Do you really think these kids know who their real parents are......Get a life....!

The troubled kids around where I live here all have known parents, most of the time two of them(!), so trying to hint that gangmembers somehow are abandoned street kids is wrong.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most states in the USA they could be charged as adults for this crime. more "liberal leaning" countries in Europe they would still get more than 10 years and up to 20 years incarceration

No, in my EU home-country they would not be charge they would not be charged at all, the age-limit is 15 years old for that.

I hope the police send the bill for this mans hospital treatment and his damaged motorbike to these kids parents (as opposed to the victim or his insurance company). I'm sure that the parents when faced with a bill for a foreigner in ICU at Bangkok hospital and a foreigner motorbike rental repair bill. (even split four ways) will be more than a little annoyed and teach the kids the error of their ways.

a few slaps from their mam or dad would not make me feel justice had been done, ......................but it would help !

"No . In most states in the USA they could be charged as adults for this crime. more "liberal leaning" countries in Europe they would still get more than 10 years and up to 20 years incarceration"

There are only 6 countries known to have executed juvenile offenders in the 1990s. Those countries are: the United States, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Nigeria.

I know we aren't talking death penalty here... but the US sure keeps some fine company when it comes to dealing with juveniles.

Are you really sure that 'normal' countries would throw these kids in jail for that long?

I just doubt it, especially if it is a first offence.

Most 'normal' people don't want to see kids thrown in jail with adults.

suspended sentence , 10,000b fine and a years probation in the UK if was NOT the actual kid who stabbed the guy,.................far too lenient in opinion and thats why crimes like this are on the rise,...... the kids have nothing to fear !!

I feel sorrow about this guy, but one think I cant understand that how can a 13 years old kick out the motorbike with a big guy causing a crash. The bike and the guy weighs up far over 200 kgs. I used to ride motorbikes, it is not that easy as described :o And also, I just cant believe that tiny thai boys fight down big white lads easily. ok ok, the knife..still gloomy to me :huh:

Some people have likely no sense of self-defence. And please, It is not a disdain to this guy, just speaking in general.

A kick on the leading edge of the front tyre will put someone off their bike pretty quickly. More effective is a cut across their bows - if their front wheel touches your back wheel it will jump sideways quite violently even at low speed.

you mean they will rish loosing half of their foot to gain 200b ???,............... doubt if that was the plan.

I feel sorrow about this guy, but one think I cant understand that how can a 13 years old kick out the motorbike with a big guy causing a crash. The bike and the guy weighs up far over 200 kgs. I used to ride motorbikes, it is not that easy as described :o And also, I just cant believe that tiny thai boys fight down big white lads easily. ok ok, the knife..still gloomy to me :huh:

Some people have likely no sense of self-defence. And please, It is not a disdain to this guy, just speaking in general.

A kick on the leading edge of the front tyre will put someone off their bike pretty quickly. More effective is a cut across their bows - if their front wheel touches your back wheel it will jump sideways quite violently even at low speed.

you mean they will rish loosing half of their foot to gain 200b ???,............... doubt if that was the plan.

You are assuming a level of intelligence which the facts of the matter do not support.

Children in their early teens robbing and stabbing people....this kind of thing hardly happened in Thailand in the past.

Another thing for sure.....Thailand IS becoming less and less safe (although it can be argued that it is still generally safer than, say, the UK or the US), although many TV members keep denying it.

Jem

Actually kicking the front wheel will do the job but probably tangle the kicker's foot too. In CMai a decade ago the 'samurai gang' correctly kicked out at the rear wheel strut sending unsuspecting riders of all weights and sizes into the canal; same-same as the police maneuvre in stopping a speeding car by tapping the gangsta's rear wheel causing it to spin. Try having your buddy pull this on you while you are riding your motocy, if you need proof. :unsure: