One Way Ticket To Los

Nuff Said; you bring up a very interesting point that I have not thought of before.

The original big sticker/stamp visa will look expired to the untrained eye as extensions+re-entry permits are simple smaller stamps not looking nearly as "official" as the original visa.

Will see how that works out for me in the future as my roundtrip ticket will start and end in Bangkok.

Cheers!

My brother always seems to end up with the last part of his return tickets bringing him back to Thailand...

He recently was asked for his outbound ticket and (thinking on his feet) said he had an e ticket with one of these new cheap ticketless airline and just told them ticket ref XXBB372732 etc.. Check in staff looked confused and let him on.

Thinking about it with ticketless airlines how can they verify or deny you ?!?!?

show them a print out of the e-ticket: should be VERY easy to make 1 out all by yourself without that nasty searching for cheap dates etc.

PLUS; Ive used some 40+ of them (and currently stand in Changi airpt=SIN, arr today from BKK on JETSTAR=a ditto) and dont bother to print them even: I just scrib down the ref-code on a paper (usually from LH=LuftHansa, as all perosnal details are on it...) as thats really the only thing they want to know. and thats even much eaiser to ''make out all by yourself''

I leave Bangkok end of January on a return ticket to Europe.Reading some replies I might have problems coming back to Bangkok a month later without a visa. However my non immigrant B expires somewhere in May 2006,but it will be canceled by immigration when returning my work permit before leaving the country. I understand that my non immigrant B is canceled in the immigration system but the stamp will still be there in my passport. As far as I know they do not make the visa stamp invalid when leaving the country but I might be wrong.

So suppose I plan to come back a month later and the airline official notice my visa ,there would be no problem correct? Of course when filling in the arrival card I will come in as a tourist and not use my canceled visa because it wouldn't work for immigration I guess..

Would this work?

I leave Bangkok end of January on a return ticket to Europe.Reading some replies I might have problems coming back to Bangkok a month later without a visa. However my non immigrant B expires somewhere in May 2006,but it will be canceled by immigration when returning my work permit before  leaving the country. I understand that my non immigrant B is canceled in the immigration system but the stamp will still be there in my passport. As far as I know they do not make the visa stamp invalid when leaving the country but I might be wrong.

So suppose I plan to come back a month later and the airline official notice my visa ,there would be no problem correct? Of course when filling in the arrival card I will come in as a tourist and not use my canceled visa because it wouldn't work for immigration I guess..

Would this work?

It depends on what you really have. Immigration does not cancel any visa - the only thing they do is cancel an extension of stay stamp. If you have a valid visa from outside of Thailand that is valid until May 2006 and has entries remaining you should be good.

I leave Bangkok end of January on a return ticket to Europe.Reading some replies I might have problems coming back to Bangkok a month later without a visa. However my non immigrant B expires somewhere in May 2006,but it will be canceled by immigration when returning my work permit before  leaving the country. I understand that my non immigrant B is canceled in the immigration system but the stamp will still be there in my passport. As far as I know they do not make the visa stamp invalid when leaving the country but I might be wrong.

Would this work?

It depends on what you really have. Immigration does not cancel any visa - the only thing they do is cancel an extension of stay stamp. If you have a valid visa from outside of Thailand that is valid until May 2006 and has entries remaining you should be good.

If all else failed he could get a new visa :o One can only wonder :D

Nuff Said; you bring up a very interesting point that I have not thought of before.

The original big sticker/stamp visa will look expired to the untrained eye as extensions+re-entry permits are simple smaller stamps not looking nearly as "official" as the original visa.

Will see how that works out for me in the future as my roundtrip ticket will start and end in Bangkok.

Cheers!

Yes, fair point. My Non-Immigrant 'O' was a muliple entry and as such didn't have a used stamp on it as they simply date expire, and this one had. But I had to explain not only that but also the annual extension and re-entry stamps. To make matters worse the stamps weren't the clearest in the world.

Good luck, but be prepared to have to explain.

Edited by Nuff Said