New 42In + Tv (Plasma, Lcd, Or Lcd+Led)

PlanetX

Prices change so often that my researches from 2 months ago don't apply (I've looked).

Locally, however, I had observed that LED/LCD models cost more than plain LCD, too much more at that time.

Also, you'll know that while plasma may be a terrific buy for the size, it uses thrice the electricity. Small factor, unless one lives where it's likely to be turned on a lot.

Many of the manufactures have specials, but you have to keep going around and looking for them. Be aware also that if you have a Thai Mastercard or Visa card that you can be entitled up to an extra 10 or 12 per cent discount by using it. The extra discount does not apply to credit cards issued outside of Thailand, and is not available for debit cards.

A little of topic but related.

I was staying with my boy in Canada for a couple of weeks. He has a 51inch screen. It is in to small of a room and over powers you. Make sure you can sit far enough back to take in the whole screen with out getting over powered.

Just don't buy a Samsung if you plan to keep it more than 12 months. Samsung alwasy seems to have problems about a month after the warranty runs out, and if they have discontinued the model, there is a very high liklihood that you will not be able to get it repaired. This problems runs across their entire product line. For me, personaly, problems with TV remote, washing machine, mobile phone, high end MP3 player. I'm DONE with Samsung forever. As a Thai gal I know said to me, "Samsung is beautiful on the outside; shit on the inside."

Just don't buy a Samsung if you plan to keep it more than 12 months. Samsung alwasy seems to have problems about a month after the warranty runs out, and if they have discontinued the model, there is a very high liklihood that you will not be able to get it repaired. This problems runs across their entire product line. For me, personaly, problems with TV remote, washing machine, mobile phone, high end MP3 player. I'm DONE with Samsung forever. As a Thai gal I know said to me, "Samsung is beautiful on the outside; shit on the inside."

I got a 40" LCD Samsung for almost 2 years,no problem so far (knock on wood)...and 43" 7 year old projection Samsung,had problems about 3 times,but still running....I guess Sony will be my choice,but they always more expensive...Philips maybe? but not Panasonic..

Just would like to confirm: I'm DONE with Samsung forever: I had too many problems with Samsung: Keep going to get it fixed