Christmas Dinner On Samui

The Christmas spirit is alive and well on this thread. :rolleyes:

is that yank sarcasm or is it british or english or uk'ish?

my reply depends upon it!

Koheesti is a septic tank

that is more of an accurate description of his liver than his personality

Where ever 'Chef Nigel' is cooking.

He's American and knows how to do the classic spread yanks are used to.

Nigel does an excellent "broken-assed chicken" but he's American. Yanks aren't used to Xmas dinners at all! Americans know as much about 'Xmas dinners' as Italians do! Not to want to appear dismissive (much) but the English Christmas dinner is thing of tradition, majesty and awe and Nigel's mother's secret BBQ sauce recipe won't be appreciated.

In reply to the OP - last year The Lazy Coconut in Mae Nam put on an amazing spread. Not sure if Mae Nam is within the target area though . . .?

R

I have had both the English, Irish AND Welsh ones,

yes the real huge ones, and American one from small to gargantuan....

It's all good, and no need for these parochial comments disparaging Yanks over our Xmas dinner. Seems you haven't had a good one, your loss

I've also had a French one and they all have their charms.

Even had a goose stuffed with Haggis for xmas.

I'm a retired chef and have helped MAKE all of the above, each with a native.

I was giving them a choice, because Nigel does a serious spread,

And I noted American too, so they would know that,

and get multi-slagged for my efforts.

"where we could find a decent xmas dinner?"

Nigel makes one, end of story.

Aye, whats fer puddin?

Ah - but what do you make of Christmas crackers? ;)

R

Christmas crackers?

They live south of the Mason Dixon Line.

For the record Nigel DOES do a proper ENGLISH /UK Christmas dinner.

I met up with him earlier today and asked him that question.

Yes indeed he can and will cater your Proper English/UK Christmas dinner.

Because of the great number of UK expats here he has researched and done this correctly.

He does this by delivery to your place rather than a restaurant sitting.

I can pass on his contact if anyone wants it.

I have had both the English, Irish AND Welsh ones,

yes the real huge ones, and American one from small to gargantuan....

It's all good, and no need for these parochial comments disparaging Yanks over our Xmas dinner. Seems you haven't had a good one, your loss

I've also had a French one and they all have their charms.

Even had a goose stuffed with Haggis for xmas.

I'm a retired chef and have helped MAKE all of the above, each with a native.

I was giving them a choice, because Nigel does a serious spread,

And I noted American too, so they would know that,

and get multi-slagged for my efforts.

"where we could find a decent xmas dinner?"

Nigel makes one, end of story.

Aye, whats fer puddin?

Ah - but what do you make of Christmas crackers? ;)

R

Christmas crackers?

They live south of the Mason Dixon Line.

For the record Nigel DOES do a proper ENGLISH /UK Christmas dinner.

I met up with him earlier today and asked him that question.

Yes indeed he can and will cater your Proper English/UK Christmas dinner.

Because of the great number of UK expats here he has researched and done this correctly.

He does this by delivery to your place rather than a restaurant sitting.

I can pass on his contact if anyone wants it.

Hmm . . . the Mason-Dixon line, eh . . . B)

post-4665-0-48949600-1323885747_thumb.jp

Crackers / party poppers @ Makro.

Ta for the info - never seen crackers here before. But Bug*er me - have you seen the prices now in the UK?

I've been away from the old country for 14 years and when I was buying crackers last they were 3-4 quid a box and 7 or 8 for the really nice ones.

Looking through for that shot of the crackers I see they're selling for 25-30 quid for a box of 6! Fancy ones anyway.

Strewth Brian! I'm gland I live over here in the land of the free (ish).

R

Ta for the info - never seen crackers here before. But Bug*er me - have you seen the prices now in the UK?

I've been away from the old country for 14 years and when I was buying crackers last they were 3-4 quid a box and 7 or 8 for the really nice ones.

Looking through for that shot of the crackers I see they're selling for 25-30 quid for a box of 6! Fancy ones anyway.

R

25 - 30 quid !, where are you shopping rob, harrods !

i just bought 8 for 2.50 !, little bit more up market 9.99 ... even old M and S are doing 6 of the best for 12.99 ..........

good news for UK, there is a booze war on, any 10 cans of 500ml beer, carlsberg/stella/fosters, 300 THB !, also any litre bottle of spirts, Smirnoff ect 440 THB !, its going to get cheaper next week

maybe the UK can do a trade with Thailand, we send you cheap booze in return for Gas and Smokes ;)

R

i just bought 8 for 2.50 !, little bit more up market 9.99 ... even old M and S are doing 6 of the best for 12.99 ..........

good news for UK, there is a booze war on, any 10 cans of 500ml beer, carlsberg/stella/fosters, 300 THB !, also any litre bottle of spirts, Smirnoff ect 440 THB !, its going to get cheaper next week

maybe the UK can do a trade with Thailand, we send you cheap booze in return for Gas and Smokes ;)

2.50 - well that sounds more like it Boaty. Naaa - I went to Googly some cracker pics for the Mason-Dixon line and everything I seemed to look at was attached to a shop catalogue and was upwards of 15 quid. What do I know about England in very nearly 2012!

Take a hoof around and see!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=images+christmas+crackers&hl=en&biw=1502&bih=580&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i3btTpvjFIjWrQf4tIDnCA&sqi=2&ved=0CGIQsAQ

R

Edited by robsamui

R

2.50 - well that sounds more like it Boaty. Naaa - I went to Googly some cracker pics for the Mason-Dixon line and everything I seemed to look at was attached to a shop catalogue and was upwards of 15 quid. What do I know about England in very nearly 2012!

Take a hoof around and see!

http://www.google.co...=2&ved=0CGIQsAQ

R

http://direct.tesco.com/q/buylist/id.6505.aspx - tesco finest only 7.50

!

• 11 months later...

For a very traditional Xmas dinner I would recommend the Lazy Coconut in Meanam, I had it there last year, and have it in my sights for this one.

I'm quite sure the dinner down at the BBC will be good, as the food there is usually spot on, however it is a buffet style and I want it dumping in front of me piping hot,,

Closed !