PM Yingluck Reiterates All Bangkok Areas To Be Flood Free Before New Year

webfact

PM reiterates all areas to be flood free before New Year

image_201112101159092656CC13-980D-8356-8382B3867623FC7A.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 10 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated that the overall flood situation has eased and all areas will be free of floods before the New Year.

Addressing the public on her weekly TV and radio programme on Saturday, Ms Yingluck said the flood crisis has eased tremendously but flooding remained in some communities of Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Nakhon Pathom and that problems will be solved in each of those areas.

Speaking about the flood situation in the capital, the prime minister said some floodwaters remain in eastern Bangkok, such as Don Mueang, Rangsit and Lam Luk Ka, but they will return to normal by the third week of December.

Meanwhile, in western Bangkok, the water level in the Tha Chin River is still high, but it is being diverted into the Chao Phraya River as planned. Most of the floodwater has drained into the waterway, so the situation in Bang Khae district should return to normal this week.

A special cabinet meeting will be held on December and she will also meet governors of flood-hit provinces via teleconference to integrate and expedite work in order to help flood victims and ensure they are flood free by the end of this year.

In the central and lower northern provinces – Nakhon Sawan, Ang Thong, Sing Buri and Ayutthaya, she said the water has been prepared for farming and stored for use in the dry season. Many areas have begun cultivation for the next growing season.

In the upper north and northeast, some areas have started to enter the dry season. Some areas outside the irrigation zone are starting to face water shortages. She advised residents to reserve water for use in times of need. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-12-10

I have no trust in her

I have a feeling you're not alone.

Let's hope her prognostication skills have improved dramatically from 43 days ago when she pronounced:

October 30, 2011

We're nearly through it: PM

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday urged Bangkok residents to be patient as the worst flood crisis in more than five decades was expected to pass soon.

I have no trust in her

I have a feeling you're not alone.

Let's hope her prognostication skills have improved dramatically from 43 days ago when she pronounced:

October 30, 2011

We're nearly through it: PM

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday urged Bangkok residents to be patient as the worst flood crisis in more than five decades was expected to pass soon.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4806830

Absolutely!

Yingluck? FROC? P.T.? Laughable! The only real authorities on this were those who were able to give daily accounts as to what was really going on in their respective areas. The ONLY thing mattered to this entire administration and those they appointed to be so-called experts, was inner Bangkok. Trying to get information outside of Bangkok, was nil. They failed 100%.

Over the past few weeks I've been able to go to various areas north of Bangkok and assist with cleaning. Talking with many people, there is a lot of resentment towards Bangkok and their absolute lack of appreciation for a forced "sacrifice" to "save" inner Bangkok. Yingluck's paltry 5,000baht token is being taken as an insult to many of these people.

Didn't they already say a few weeks ago that the flooding would be gone by the end of November? If I'm not mistaken, they even gave a date.

Nope, you are mistaken or confused or both.

What is it with you guys? Why slag her off all the time, she kept inner BKK dry which of course was of utmost importance.

It would have been a calamity if all the basements and Underground MTR stations flooded, have you thought of that?

There is no way K.Yingluk was responsible for the flooding, she is the elected leader and she deserves a chance.

Inexperienced I hear you all cry, so TF**k what. How about the western leaders? Obama, Blair, Brown, the french prick (forget his name) are they any better? No they are much worse.

Give her a break, only in Thailand could a lady so sexy, hot and seemingly useless be elected leader. Cease your constant whining and enjoy the dry weather before the next rainy season hits, then you may start complaining again if the floods recur.

What is it with you guys? Why slag her off all the time, she kept inner BKK dry which of course was of utmost importance.

It would have been a calamity if all the basements and Underground MTR stations flooded, have you thought of that?

There is no way K.Yingluk was responsible for the flooding, she is the elected leader and she deserves a chance.

Inexperienced I hear you all cry, so TF**k what. How about the western leaders? Obama, Blair, Brown, the french prick (forget his name) are they any better? No they are much worse.

Give her a break, only in Thailand could a lady so sexy, hot and seemingly useless be elected leader. Cease your constant whining and enjoy the dry weather before the next rainy season hits, then you may start complaining again if the floods recur.

What is it of late, with all these people citing failings they perceive in other leaders, as some sort of a defence for the failings of Yingluck? Why don't you go start a thread in the World News forum about all those leaders who you have a problem with, and if you want to defend Yingluck, come back to us when you have something a wee bit stronger than, "well Obama, Blair et al are crap, so why shouldn't Yingluck be too?".

Y.L doesn't really knows the Bangkok territory.

One is tempted to say, nor her arse, from her elbow.

and you do?

Well, with regards managing a disaster, based on what i witnessed where i was, i rather think i do. I guess though had i been living under Bangkok in a subway station, i would be singing her praises (as well as Hotel California to earn a penny or two from passing tourists).

What is it of late, with all these people citing failings they perceive in other leaders, as some sort of a defence for the failings of Yingluck? Why don't you go start a thread in the World News forum about all those leaders who you have a problem with, and if you want to defend Yingluck, come back to us when you have something a wee bit stronger than, "well Obama, Blair et al are crap, so why shouldn't Yingluck be too?".

Care to enlighten us with what you would have done different in the crisis?? I see all this negative and have not seen any solid alternatives to the flood situation

Y.L doesn't really knows the Bangkok territory.

One is tempted to say, nor her arse, from her elbow.

and you do?

Well, with regards managing a disaster, based on what i witnessed where i was, i rather think i do. I guess though had i been living under Bangkok in a subway station, i would be singing her praises (as well as Hotel California to earn a penny or two from passing tourists).

To base your ability to manage a disaster better than YL on what you have witnessed makes no sense at all.

I would say she witnessed a lot more than you, thus by your perspective that makes her better at disaster management....next?

How is she crap? What are her failings? It looks like you nobs have nothing better to do other than slag off the lovely Yingluk.

She's been working tirelessly since she was elected, she's a babe as well.

As for your suggestion that I start a thread in the world news, you can ram it where the sun don't shine.

I have a policy about debating with people who are unable to remain civil. I don't.

Well I find that just a typical ostrich attitude. You may condescendingly slag YL off but you offer no alternative.

There is no way on earth that you would have handled the latest disaster better than she did.

She came into power while it was pissing down with rain, the dams were full, we had 3 massive storms and then it flooded, what's she going to do about that?

Edited by metisdead
Inflammatory remarks removed.

Didn't they already say a few weeks ago that the flooding would be gone by the end of November? If I'm not mistaken, they even gave a date.

There's been a whole lot of Cabinet Minister's pronouncements going back 56 days...

-----------------------------------------------

October 16th

Agriculture Minister Theera Wongsamut assured Bangkok residents living along the Chao Phraya River that the worst is over

October 30th

November 7th

Transport Minister Sukampol Suwannathat expressed confidence that the floodwater flowing in from the north will recede within two weeks

November 8th

Energy Minister Pichai Naripthaphan said the flood crisis in Bangkok is likely to drag on for another month

http://www.whbf.com/story/15982066/energy-minister-says-bangkok-floods-to-last-month

November 25th

Defense Minister Yutthasak Sasiprapa expects the flood situation to normalize before December 5.

December 3rd

Commerce Minister Kittirat Na Ranong said more than 90 per cent of the plants within and outside the seven submerged industrial estates will resume operation before the end of December

Care to enlighten us with what you would have done different in the crisis?? I see all this negative and have not seen any solid alternatives to the flood situation

To start with, she should have taken control of the situation herself, not had, from one day to the next, a different government expert, or a different government official, or a different government minister, making announcements on the government's behalf. What we needed was a leader who could stand up and say, "ok, this is what we are doing". Not someone who spent the vast majority of the time going round looking for good photo ops. Not someone who started weeping. In crisis you need someone strong to take charge. I don't think she did that. Do you?

What is it of late, with all these people citing failings they perceive in other leaders, as some sort of a defence for the failings of Yingluck?

It's the obtuse best all of them can come up with.

How is she crap? What are her failings? It looks like you nobs have nothing better to do other than slag off the lovely Yingluk.

She's been working tirelessly since she was elected, she's a babe as well.

As they say, to each his own as well as beauty is in the eye of the beholder

13207357601320744843l.jpg

There's been a whole lot of Cabinet Minister's pronouncements going back 56 days...

October 16th

Agriculture Minister Theera Wongsamut assured Bangkok residents living along the Chao Phraya River that the worst is over

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4769911

October 30th

November 7th

Transport Minister Sukampol Suwannathat expressed confidence that the floodwater flowing in from the north will recede within two weeks

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4829267

November 8th

Energy Minister Pichai Naripthaphan said the flood crisis in Bangkok is likely to drag on for another month

http://www.whbf.com/...s-to-last-month

November 25th

Defense Minister Yutthasak Sasiprapa expects the flood situation to normalize before December 5.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4871569

December 3rd

Commerce Minister Kittirat Na Ranong said more than 90 per cent of the plants within and outside the seven submerged industrial estates will resume operation before the end of December

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4887586

Your point is?

Granted the last one was a bit hopeful nevertheless he's the commerce minister so one wouldn't expect him to say all the plants have had it and will cost billions of baht to replace all the machinery since that would go against his position, right?

October 16th

October 30th

November 7th

November 8th

November 25th

December 3rd

Your point is?

That they've been repeatedly deceptive for a solid 56 days.

October 16th

October 30th

November 7th

November 8th

November 25th

December 3rd

Your point is?

Hopeful or encouraging even but not deceptive. They simply had no place to put all that water.

October 16th

October 30th

November 7th

November 8th

November 25th

December 3rd

Your point is?

Hopeful or encouraging even but not deceptive. They simply had no place to put all that water.

Then, they shouldn't have lied repeatedly about it, going back to saying the worst was over 56 days ago.

To start with, she should have taken control of the situation herself, not had, from one day to the next, a different government expert, or a different government official, or a different government minister, making announcements on the government's behalf. What we needed was a leader who could stand up and say, "ok, this is what we are doing". Not someone who spent the vast majority of the time going round looking for good photo ops. Not someone who started weeping. In crisis you need someone strong to take charge. I don't think she did that. Do you?

I really don't think it would have made a lot of difference if she'd put on her wonder-woman outfit and kicked a few butts - the flood was going to happen. I'm sorry for you because you obviously had some losses during the flooding, but if we use the same arguments about you - did you rely on 'experts' when you bought your property? did they warn you it might flood? when the water came did you organize your community to put up flood defenses and dig drainage ditches. Did many 'experts' come forward with their different theories, who do you choose when there is no real precedent to this situation. You would try them in turn hoping one might be right. I used to live in York and despite all the schemes and experts solutions the place still floods virtually every year. If they fix it in one place it just moves on to the next weak point.

Sorry for being rude in my earlier post.

Maybe she should have ordered all her ministers to keep quiet, but hey have you ever tried herding cats?

I think she did stand up and say, we are flooded but we cannot let inner BKK flood and she stuck to her word on that

I don't think she was looking for photo ops was she? More like she was out and about trying to get a grip of the situation, visiting places to see for herself.

As for weeping, well she was probably upset, frustrated and angry about all the shit on her shoulders and all the slagging off she was taking, she's human after all. Sir Winston Churchill also wept a lot and he was a magnificent leader in troubled times.

All in all and in retrospect I think she's done a great job and I wish her well.

I must say to anyone that suffered or lost their homes, belongings or income that I feel for you. It must have been a terrible time for anyone in that position. Human nature being what it is one always looks for someone to blame i think.

However, the floods happened for several reasons, not because K. Yingluk was in power and not because she failed to do her job. I hope that Thailand can learn from this but it's unlikely they have enough time to put any better flood defenses in place to deal with next years run off which could well be worse than what we have been through this year.

Its easy to say "well you shouldn't have built or bought house on a flood plain" but when the sun is shining and one is looking at a new home to buy in which to raise with their family, a great flood is probably the furthest thing from ones mind.

Life goes on and on and on, if you are living then make the most of it, help others, be constructive, try not to be critical, try not to hate. Live and love my friends, share your problems with others and let the world be a happier place.