Dlt Office Rayong

maxtingtong

Just note that the sign out on the street is in Thai only, so you've got to "know" where you're going. Not difficult to find, just take it slow and go up that side road/entrance. Watch lots of traffic heading up there if in doubt.

it's on sukhumvit, left hand side driving out of maptaput towards rayong

200m before the mazda garage opposite side

and nearly opposite the petrol garage (PTT I think)

has a shiny tiled wall on right ( blue I think) with the writing in thai at entrance

enter and then ask for which building or see the other post in this thread

Just note that the sign out on the street is in Thai only, so you've got to "know" where you're going. Not difficult to find, just take it slow and go up that side road/entrance. Watch lots of traffic heading up there if in doubt.

Many thanks guys, yep monday is closed, will go on Tue. Someone of you maybe knows what happens in that branch to renew a temporary 1yr driving license expired 2 months ago? Should be smooth the request of a 5yrs or there 2 months over is considered too much? I read many different things around.

Thank you!

Max

Many thanks guys! Now I know where to go :) Yes, of course will go on tuesday. Anyone knows if I may have some problems into renew a driving license expired since 2 months there?

Thanks for the quick response!

Max

uops sorry browser before crashed but posted anyway the first answer, didn't seen it :jap:

what about the proof of residency at immigration? I did in bkk but don't remember exactly.. house rental contract (on wife's name), the wife herself, marriage certificate is enough right?

Cheers!

I don't know how you will get on with a 1-yr licence which expired 2 months ago. I renewed mine (to a 5-yr one) the day after it expired, and all they want is the old licence and a completed form plus the fee.

If you have to start again and get a residence letter from Immigration, at Maptaphut the missis' Tabien Baan sufficed. They said that normally it's a 3-week delay, but for a "fee" of 500Baht I could have the letter straight away. I think within the 3-week period they're supposed to verify your address, so effectively you are bribing them to save them the bother of checking up on you.

I don't know how you will get on with a 1-yr licence which expired 2 months ago. I renewed mine (to a 5-yr one) the day after it expired, and all they want is the old licence and a completed form plus the fee.

If you have to start again and get a residence letter from Immigration, at Maptaphut the missis' Tabien Baan sufficed. They said that normally it's a 3-week delay, but for a "fee" of 500Baht I could have the letter straight away. I think within the 3-week period they're supposed to verify your address, so effectively you are bribing them to save them the bother of checking up on you.

Yep so been there not any problem, at maptaphut 500 baht and instant-certificate with passport only, at DLT need to show passport, forms, medical certificate, etc exactly the same as for the temporary license. Also in Rayong (as in Bangkok area 2) don't need to bring photos with you, have cameras on site. To get the two 5 yrs licenses I paid around 1000 baht. Smooth.

Thanks for the maps, been useful