Ice Skating

~G~

There was a good place on the top floor of World Central Plaza (previously World Trade Center) but closed around 2 years ago.

A thai friend told me there is an Ice Skating place in BigC Lardprao. Can anyone can confirm or deny?! Any other locations?

from searching in TH forum

Ice Skating place is in BigC Lardprao 4th Floor

other places The Imperial Ladprao  and Sumrong

Bambi :o

Big C Ladprao and Imperial Lad Prao are the same place...

I've been there a couple of times to use the arena, and it is pretty OK. Great fun watching the TG try skates for the first time!! :-)

Edited by bino

Big C Ladprao and Imperial Lad Prao are the same place...

BigC and Imperial World Latphao are one and the same.

I mai roo shy.gifshy.gif

Easy mistake as the shopping center is still called Imperial World Latphao but the only large store remaining is a recent BigC which replaced the bankrupt Imperial Department Store. Half the shopping center seems to be government office space which I believe is to pay back tax.

I mperial World at Samrong; Suk Soi 109 has an Ice skating rink on one of the upper levels along with the rather strange and well worn water park.

The thing I like about the Water park is as you climb the enormous plastic mountain, you can see the Erawan shrine, maybe something to think about as the plastic slides flex as the fatties like me go down the slide :o

Which one is better? Bigger/less crowded?

i dont know ..but one thing i know, people who live around Ladproa is more classy than Sumrong ( at Sumrong has plenty silly teenager..they escape to go to school in day time and some do as gangster )

Well, since I don't really know where Sumrong is, I guess I'll check Ladprao first :o

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I went to the rink at the Big C on Lad Phrao. The have a rink there that has open skating. The price included skate rental and the ice was not too good, some standing water, etc. But hey, better than nothing and the Thai girl I was with had an absolute blast falling down!!

Didn't see any farang there, but it was fun. There are a few staff skating around helping folks.

Anyway, here is the translation of what was on the flyer I picked up:

--

Open each day 11:00-20:00

Price is 100 baht for Mon-Sat and 120 baht for Sunday

Telephone: 02-934-9252 or -9253

--

Here is a link to the flyer (scanned): Scanned flyer for Ladprao ice rink

Here is the location of the Big C Lad Prao: Big C Ladprao map

Edited by SurferDude

• 2 weeks later...

Which one is better? Bigger/less crowded?

Does size really matter? :o

Well, judging by your avatar, you have a long way to go on the technique side, we can only hope the size is not as bad :D