Royal Flora Programme?

briley

My (free) tickets say that the event is on from 9 November 2011 through 15 February 2012.

How to get free tickets ?

I got a letter from Big C notifying me that if I shopped at Big C on December 4, that for every 600 Baht I spent there I would get one free ticket. One day only. Perfect timing as there was nothing in the house at the time. Spent 1800 Baht and got 3 free tickets.

Also some tuk tuk drivers have free tickets that they are giving out. Tuk tuk drivers are a great source for free tickets for all kinds of things. I've never paid for the Chiang Mai Zoo Aquarium or to see the Pandas thanks to a tuk tuk driver I know. In fact I got free tickets to the C.M. Zoo just last week and we went on Saturday.

What time does it open/close? I want to try check this out on Thursday afternoon but I have a cooking class that doesn't finish till around 1pm.

I would imagine it goes until at the earliest 6:00.

We went there in April. It was open when we left at 4:00 it is a nice place to spend a relaxing day.

They did not have the crowds and I was reminded of childhood picnics.

What's for dinner?

Edited by hellodolly

Check out for restricted admission of motor-vehicles ( which might include motor-bikes). There was some info that there was to be no parking for private vehicles at the expo grounds and that tuk-tuks, songtaews and free bus rides (leaving from certain (?) points around town)were the options.

If its not the free bus ride then that means an extra cost for the outing.

I can also imagine the scrambling to get a songtaew back from the grounds and a real hassle if you're carrying parcels back from the show.

Perhaps I'm wrong (have been before !) Maybe someone could kindly comment.

Cheers.

Check out for restricted admission of motor-vehicles ( which might include motor-bikes). There was some info that there was to be no parking for private vehicles at the expo grounds and that tuk-tuks, songtaews and free bus rides (leaving from certain (?) points around town)were the options.

I can also imagine the scrambling to get a songtaew back from the grounds and a real hassle if you're carrying parcels back from the show.

Cheers.

Based on our experience in previous years, getting a song thaew back to town from the show isn't a problem. You just go to the parking lot, where all the red song thaews are parked and tell the herd of drivers where you're headed. They'll direct you to a song thaew headed your direction. You may have to wait a bit while they fill up the song thaew with others from your neighborhood.

The challenge can be in finding transportation out to the show. But, I suspect it will be like previous years where you can go to the Huey Kaew entrance to the zoo and inquire of the song thaew drivers there.

Of course details like the programme, start and stop times will continue to be a carefully guarded secret!

Cheers.

Seems to me that the last big display they had 5 years ago we got a free bus across from the train Station.

I am claiming old age for my memory if I am wrong.:D

If its not the free bus ride then that means an extra cost for the outing..

Seems to me that the last big display they had 5 years ago we got a free bus across from the train Station.

I am claiming old age for my memory if I am wrong.:D

Think you are right, HD, the station and provincial hall (Mae Rim Rd) had a free bus service last time. Don't know about this time, though.

CMMCB

Every time I try to get on their official website it says "Access denied". Gosh, I didn't think I got that rowdy last time I went.

No problem here.

http://www.royalflora2011.com/2011_en/

Picked up the 200฿ multiple entry for old farts yesterday from Krung Thai Bank,have a few guests coming during the period of the show so a must see and great value.

Opens today on until 14th March 2012

Edited by Thailand

OK, went out today and got the following information

Fountain's Miracle of greentitude everyday 7pm-7.30 (in 5D??)

Electric parade, everyday 7pm to 8.30pm

Shows in the grand amphitheatre everyday, from different countries. Korea today. Don't know the time but things were happening at 5.30pm

Celebrate below the Wat, 21-25 Dec, also 3-5 Feb and 25-26 Feb, 7pm to 8.30pm. Don't know if they are different shows or what.

Special days at the big roundabout area, 1st Jan, 1th Jan and 14th Feb (valentine day) 3pm to (or and??) 7pm

Exhibition Halls 2 and 3 have a series of events, flower competition until the 20th.

Exhibition hall 1 seems to have a King's special at around 5pm and maybe other times for 20 minutes.

I was out at the Royal Flora today. Its great but bring an umbrella/ hat or sunscreen. it gets hot out there due to all the cement. Lots of transport out there. The site was not that crowded as its a huge plot of land. I recommend bringing a very comfortable pair of shoes. Make sure you bring a fully charged camera/video recorder.

Went there today. Don't expect to get a private car anywhere near the place unless you or your other half have good skills at conning your way past the guys at the gate. We got in but by fluke - I wouldn't fancy our chances next time.

We didn't have any freebie tickets so it was 300 to get in (200 for me and 100 for my gf with her Chiang Mai ID card) which isn't bad. Make sure you have plenty spare time when you plan to go, it's not someplace you can see in an hour or two it's bigger and better than I imagined (imho)...

We left around 6pm - before the evening events started. If I was going again I'd probably go around 3-4pm and stay for the evening events.

Edited by bobl