Tabian Bahn And Marrage Visa Application

Carlosm

I've recently got my name put into the 'tabian bahn' book (yellow). How does this help me with my annual marriage based visa application with immigration. Do i still need to get a certificate proving i'm still married or does the book suffice ? Plus does it help in any other way ?

I take it your wife is Thai so when you have a yellow book it will :-

Act as proof of address to immigration when you apply for your 1 year extension for marriage, no need for police confirmation letter.

It doesn't help in reducing the amount of photocopy paperwork needed applying for above, you will still have to take your original marriage certificate plus 2 copies signed in blue ink.:D

You can get free treatment in most local Thai government clinic's.

Edited by Kwasaki

I noted posts about free medical treatment. Does anyone know if I can get free treatment, with my own BLUE tambien bahn. I have one because I am permanent resident.

I'm in the house blue book and it's just a useless piece of paper, can't even use it confirm my address. Last time I went to get a new driving licence gave it to them as confirmation. Reply can't except that as you might have put your name in it yourself.

It helps as proof of adress, nothing more.

It is my understanding it does not entitle someone to free medical care, that is probably a misunderstanding regarding the rules of the hospital/amphur in question.

I was issued a Thai health card, sometimes called '30 bht card', along with my yellow book.

This was after the issuing Amphur consulted their own 'rule' book, a huge thing detailing all the do's and don'ts.

After I queried the issue I was told anyone on the house register is entitled to the card and that the rule came in during one of the previous Thaksin administrations.

Edited by apetley

I noted posts about free medical treatment. Does anyone know if I can get free treatment, with my own BLUE tambien bahn. I have one because I am permanent resident.

I'm in the house blue book and it's just a useless piece of paper, can't even use it confirm my address. Last time I went to get a new driving licence gave it to them as confirmation. Reply can't except that as you might have put your name in it yourself.

My name is NOT entered in the house book, it is my own house book same as Thais have.

It helps as proof of address, nothing more.

It is my understanding it does not entitle someone to free medical care, that is probably a misunderstanding regarding the rules of the hospital/amphur in question.

Your quite right but I believe and it seems to me anyhow that different Amphur's around Thailand set there own rules on issuing certain things.

I was issued a Thai health card, sometimes called '30 bht card', along with my yellow book.

This was after the issuing Amphur consulted their own 'rule' book, a huge thing detailing all the do's and don'ts.

After I queried the issue I was told anyone on the house register is entitled to the card and that the rule came in during one of the previous Thaksin administrations.

Yeah !! I didn't get a card but when I went the local clinic once about a cough, I expected to pay something but it was the Mrs telling them me yellow book etc etc so free.

My name is NOT entered in the house book, it is my own house book same as Thais have.

I think there is a bit of mis-understanding going on here, in our Amphur we were told that I cannot have my name put in the BLUE book I can have a YELLOW book for proof of address.

" gamini " that's why you have a BLUE book without you name in it because you own the accommodation I guess.

And " fred " I believe the DLT.:lol: :lol: :D

Seriously though I believe there was some discussion on General Topics sometime ago, you can have a BLUE book if you have bought a Condo or whatever but you don't own the land etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that I can have a yellow book and then I can get free access to medical facilities in state hospitals in Nakhon Sawan. That was the official line from the Ampur. Did not seem keen on puting my name on the blue book, I had to get a yellow one.