Farang Liars And Wierdos

maiphedmaiaroi

Imagine you had went for hot pot with your Chinese girlfriend , instead of a sandwich, and whilst she was flicking rice into her mouth with her chopsticks ,and talking with her mouth full you accidently bumped the broth cauldron spilling the boiling mixture all over your legs . Imagine she then ran away from the situation , not knowing you own a car , because she could not take the indignity of getting on the tube with you and left you with the bill . So in great pain you managed to get to a 7/11 where you treated your badly burned legs as best you know how , with ice and cling film, giving yourself time to get the burns treated by a doctor and if that wasn't bad enough no one stopped to ask if you were ok or in need of help .

+2 a genuine LOL!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No big point, but I belong to the VFW here in Bangkok. And all members are verified combat veterans.

Are you sure about the "verified combat veterans" part, Bonobo? If so, I suggest that it could be unique to certain chapters. I have known several VFW members who never served in combat.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Actually, I guess I should rephrase that. All have served a combat tour. But that could include sitting back in the rear with the gear back at division HQ. So everyone on an aircraft carrier off the coast of Vietnam is eligible when in reality, only the pilots and aircrews "fought." And someone who never left the Green Zone in Baghdad is eligible. The key is to serve in a combat theater, whether or not you actually pull a trigger.

And yes, every member has that checked before they can join.