Farang Liars And Wierdos

maiphedmaiaroi

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once met a foreigner who told his bargirl wife was beautiful.

And was she?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

SC

Or seeing some of the Island Of Doctor Morreau cases that the westerners round my way latch on to Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

I always thought the 'claiming to be in the SAS' thing was an urban expat myth- but it actually happened to me, was chatting to 50 something brit in nana- paunch, balding, flip flops (me not the bloke) and he actually said that he was in the SAS. Couldn't believe it, asked if i could video him saying it on my iphone, he said no.

Yes, a lot is horseshit, but some are true, a good friend of mine is an ex ranger.

He doesnt try to impress any bypasser like is mentioned here, but his memories is important to him and defined him.

I know many ex military living here, i believe the solitude left many without any real sense of 'home',

and more prone to settle down outside their country at retirement age.

A pommie bloke i met in Pattaya, he said he was a "hard man". He's still around, last time I heard he was selling shares in gold. Early 40s, over 6ft tall, says he used to be a bodyguard for the Kray twins. ( He would have been about 5 years at the time).

:cheesy: You just gotta love it!

I remember an aussie bloke in Pattaya, going back a bit now prob 5-6 years, anyway he turned up from the Philipines and was ex everything, army-SAS then had a blooming career in Oz real estate and was a massive success, but now he is in Pattaya and looking for work??? soon he's working for a property company, then he gets beaten up by some other estate agent in a fair dinkum fight and runs to the coppers and extorts money out of the poor bloke who won the fight that he started in the first place...wasn't long before he set up his own business and was up the clacker of soi 9 boys as well as the karate man property developer and parading himself as some kind of property developer and driving around first in a porsche then a mercedes roadster(not bad for a bloke in a 4k a month room)

His property company fizzled out and the last time I see him he was clinging on the back of a jeep dressed as Rambo going down Thappraya Road, allegedly he took work in Iraq and was telling everyone he was going there to fight but found out he was actually doing security on a warehouse or something...lasted all of 1 day out there as he injured his back jumping out of a helicopter on his first day!!!

He could Jackanory in the Olympics that bloke :huh:

... Is a manager of a american oil/gas firm in downtown bkk and earns much more than most farang teachers make here even with extra teaching. Very young and succesful as she is only 26.

Depending on what bar you went into, your Irish friend sounds like Kevin having a bit of fun with you. Kevin is actually a London trader who very much enjoys his business trips to Bangkok.

There are no "american oil/gas" firms in downtown bkk. They are all located out on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road near PTT and the Energy Complex. Nor do any of them have 26 year female Chinese managers. Sounds like she is having a bit of go at you as well...

;)

TH

you beat me to the punch here....she sounds way too cliche to even exist....

... Is a manager of a american oil/gas firm in downtown bkk and earns much more than most farang teachers make here even with extra teaching. Very young and succesful as she is only 26.

Depending on what bar you went into, your Irish friend sounds like Kevin having a bit of fun with you. Kevin is actually a London trader who very much enjoys his business trips to Bangkok.

There are no "american oil/gas" firms in downtown bkk. They are all located out on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road near PTT and the Energy Complex. Nor do any of them have 26 year female Chinese managers. Sounds like she is having a bit of go at you as well...

;)

TH

I don't see the facination with chinese girls.

So are most people here of the opinion that chinese girls are superior, and Thai girls are never decent.

Thai Vs Chinese, doesn't it depend more on the person and not their nationality? But to generalize, IM experience Chinese are often harder working and more interested in running their own busisness while pure Thai's are somewhat more interested in having a good time.

The weirdest strange farangs I have met were in my home country the USA. I doubt you could get much stranger, at least those in Thailand once had the money to get to Thailand. BTW, I was born in Chicago.

Let's see, I knew one guy that worked as a paper boy and would throw a brick through a business window close to winter so he could go to prison and have a warm place to live He figured a brick wouldn't get him much prision time.

How about one engineer that seems like a normal, 28 year old young man. The company moved him from Washington DC to Dallas Tx. He had never been on his own, he met a wild women, took up with drugs. She broke up with him, he went nuts. A friend of mine was riding with him when he was speeding and the police tried to pull him over. He had Marijuana in his car, so he didn't want to stop. The police chase got serious, they tried to shot his engine block, he told my friend they were shooting blanks. They chased him from Texas to oklahoma where he tried to run a barricade, which finally stopped him. Then he was arrested on many charges, made bail, while on bail he then crossed state lines and went to the company HeadQuaters where he threatened a Vice President. The company fired him at that point. Then he didn't show up on his court date, so the police busted down his front door and took him back into custody. I and a friend visited his house after he was arrested, he has punched holes in the dry wall, the story was that he was trying to exercise the demons from the house. I heard he made trouble in prison, so they have to transfer him to the psychiatric ward. After that I lost track of him, but his story could only improve.

I worked with one guy that would only sign his name as Donald Duck, he would only eat tuna fish, he would buy electronic parts in bulk and store them in his house, but refused to sell any parts, he used to run a fake church as a tax deduction.

I had this one manager, he quit the company to start his own communcations business with 2 other guys. At first it did well, but that was close to 2000 and the eventual internet bust days, so his business started to go down hill. When he was my manager he owned a small airplane and a sail boat, and was married to this rather wierd women that also had 9 cats. I worked for him for a short time consulting when he ran his own business. Next I knew he moved into a cheaper set of offices, Several months later I visited him thinking maybe he had some more work. The offices cublicles all had computers in them but no people, and he was sitting all alone at a desk wtih a pile of buiness mail stack up all around him a couple of inches deep. He said look through this mail, there are a couple of wire jobs in there I think. By this time he had sold his plane and sail boat. He took me to lunch, and talked about this young girl he bailed out a prision in alabama on drug charges. I asked if he was sleeping with her, he said no, he felt like this was more like a daugher ??? Next time I saw him, he said the girl was coming to live with him, she had to get out of alabama because she had turned states evidence against some drug dealers she bought from, and she was afraid they were after her. Of course, when you on bail you can't leave the state line. After hearing this chapter in his life, I avoided him because I was thinking he could get really dangeroius to be around. Never found out what happened next, his name disappeared from the Internet and never talked to anyone that knew what transpired next.

Met some guy in Hua Hin saying he worked for UN special forces in the past, this doesnt seem any wierder than the real life stories I know about. Met some odd balls in Bali, but really, they just seem to want to talk to someone that spoke english, I don't really think they were liars or telling the truth, I don't really care either way, it isn't like we are in business together.

As I get older, I have generally stopped asking people about their lives, I don't really want to know.

Edited by johnbits

Most of the expat CEOs/COOs/GMs I know are far, far too busy to spend their time in a pub gobbing off about how much they earn plus the small fact that they've most probably gained their positions partly by being discrete, mature etc. and not shouting off to all and sundry

Edited by mca

So are most people here of the opinion that chinese girls are superior, and Thai girls are never decent.

Thai Vs Chinese, doesn't it depend more on the person and not their nationality? But to generalize, IM experience Chinese are often harder working and more interested in running their own busisness while pure Thai's are somewhat more interested in having a good time.

Unless you go deep in the country side, there are no "pure Thais", just Chinese who have been here for too long smile.gif

;)

TH

Your wrong. There is one office on the 31st floor in a building in asoke.

do you think she will be happy with you giving all this personal info about her here......

;)

TH

Your wrong. There is one office on the 31st floor in a building in asoke.

I've met pretty much all of A Squadron SAS at one time or another over the years, mostly in or around Nana, there was a time there when I almost started to believe that Nana really was a secret SAS base

A few weeks ago I met an Aussie who told me he trained the Aussie SAS to box - he was a pot bellied arsehol_e and not a super fit athlete.

I always thought the 'claiming to be in the SAS' thing was an urban expat myth- but it actually happened to me, was chatting to 50 something brit in nana- paunch, balding, flip flops (me not the bloke) and he actually said that he was in the SAS. Couldn't believe it, asked if i could video him saying it on my iphone, he said no.

I have met quite a number of SEALs over the years in various places, to include Thailand. However, not one of them knew the names of the then three SEAL Medal of Honor winners, or the various terms used at BUD/S (the SEAL training school). One thing which happens early in the training process is that they take the tadpoles (trainees) to the beach, get them wet, then roll them in the sand, creating "sugar cookies." Everyone laughs until they then have to run, the sand now working like sandpaper against the legs, waist, and arms. I asked one wannabe SEAL how he liked the BUD/S sugar cookies, and he looked puzzled, then told me that yes, the food in the cafeteria was good, not even using the term "mess hall."

On the other hand, there is a Special Forces Association here in Bangkok, and they vet their people pretty closely, so yes, there are some snake-eaters in the country. Not all are wannabes. And by pure statistical chance, there has to be some SAS, SEALs, Marine Recon, CIA, etc. here as well.

I've met pretty much all of A Squadron SAS at one time or another over the years, mostly in or around Nana, there was a time there when I almost started to believe that Nana really was a secret SAS base

A few weeks ago I met an Aussie who told me he trained the Aussie SAS to box - he was a pot bellied arsehol_e and not a super fit athlete.

Old age is a killer

I know a couple of ex rugby players, heroes of their time. It's really hard to imagine today they were top athlete 20 years ago.

The same can be said about ....farang guys vs. local guys....too

Seems like OP created this thread just to brag about some supposed girl of Chinese ethnicity that he spent the night with in lower sukhumwit, in the process leaving his car parked there overnight, who had to take the BTS back home to Chinatown because he always gets lost there even though the BTS does not go to Chinatown. My guess is that OP paid a hooker for sex and created the whole "Chinese" angle in his head. Yes, to answer the OP's question, there are some very very weird farang in Thailand. :whistling:

Edited by farang000999

Old age is a killer

I know a couple of ex rugby players, heroes of their time. It's really hard to imagine today they were top athlete 20 years ago.

Good point.

I was watching a show on the American NFL where they interviewed many of the old players, guys who were simply monsters while in their prime. As a whole, they looked like any other selection of old, fat, broken-down men.

Seems like OP created this thread just to brag about some supposed girl of Chinese ethnicity that he spent the night with in lower sukhumwit, in the process leaving his car parked there overnight, who had to take the BTS back home to Chinatown because he always gets lost there even though the BTS does not go to Chinatown. My guess is that OP paid a hooker for sex and created the whole "Chinese" angle in his head. Yes, to answer the OP's question, there are some very very weird farang in Thailand. :whistling:

naaah.....me think he wanted to brag that "he has a car" rolleyes.gif