Farang Liars And Wierdos

maiphedmaiaroi

On the other hand, there is a Special Forces Association here in Bangkok, and they vet their people pretty closely, so yes, there are some snake-eaters in the country. Not all are wannabes. And by pure statistical chance, there has to be some SAS, SEALs, Marine Recon, CIA, etc. here as well.

I am most impressed by Marine Recon even though they beat the shit out of me in boot camp during my one day "holiday" in Motivation Platoon.

Sounds like fun! :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know little about the details of such things but for what it's worth Anterian's posts come across as entirely believable as far as I am concerned and I don't think the point needs to be belabored. Whilst writing I will also offer an apology to him for my earlier post where I inquired whether we had met, I'm certain however that Anterian will understand the spirit and context of that statement within this thread. Respectfully.

On another forum, a military one, some guy related a story about being a junior officer in some sort of training capacity for an A4 squadron, then how he got shot down over Libya and had to make an arduous escape while being helped by tribesmen. The other members jumped all over him, giving a million reasons why he was BS'ing, how none of that could be true. Every single part of his story was basically impossible, according to them.

I think he enjoyed the commotion as he took his time, at first offering lame defenses. When the howling was at its peak, he came out with his proof, scans of his documents, his awards, and numerous newspaper stories about his escapade in Libya (with photos). He also started naming names of people in the A4 community at the time and details of things only an A4 pilot would know.

Most of the other posters who were attacking him offered some sort of mea culpa, admitting that he was who he said he was. But what was funny was that a number of posters adamantly refused to acknowledge the facts and kept insisting that the guy was a poser.

I am a Nigerian Viscount in the 22nd United States SAS Legion. I have a black belt in Karaoke and could kill you will my little finger (which was shot off in 'Nam or the Crimea, I can''t remember which, and is in a very heavy jar). The boathouse at Hear-Ford is green.

I could tell you how I helped von Stauffenberg kill Hitler or, most recently, how I helped Gadaffi escape to Bolivia leaving a double behind in a drain, but then I'd have to eat you.

My half-Vulcan heritage makes me incapable of lying.

Ha Ha! Robert De Niro - Here Ford! You made me smile my friend!

In the mid 90's, my then G/F and I were back packing around Thailand and spent some time on Koh Chang.

Met up with an American guy who would have been about 40. He was tall and skinny, balding, great long beard and long straggly hair and prclaimed his name was " Laura Solomen Sargon Light". He kept confirming that he was a young English schoolgirl called Laura. He did wear a skirt sometimes also.

He was fascinating, really away with the fairies but quite harmless.

A couple of months later bumped into him again, this time in Penang. Still totally raving, could only take so much of his madness and had to take a step back. Last time I saw him he was going to take a boat to Sumatra.

I wonder what / where he is now.

I have found the SF to be hard to spot as they are really chosen more for there brains over brawn.

obviously when you are training them you know, but if i was not told i would never pick em.

classic grey men, some even looked like fit nerds.

Spot on! ;)

I usually give the i'm SAS treatment BS for those who park next to you and have the annoying urge to tell you all about their last night with their hi-so chinese 20 something manager of expat firm GF who pays their bills, shags like Jenna Jameson and whose parents promised the merc and 15 mil house as wedding present.

I'm sorry but it just makes them go away faster and let's me to enjoy my breakfast in peace. And there's lot of them around Nana...

I had a guy who makes silver, some so called special silver here that you cant get anywhere in the world telling me I should get the f@#k out of Thailand and take my money back home. I was just enjoying a quiet beer on my own at the time too.

He kept on telling me how he is scared to walk down the street with his silver necklace as its worth so much blaah blah blah and kept telling me how great his silver is and how all Thai's want to rob him lol

He was intereting for 5 minutes I must say until he kept repeating himself.

I know little about the details of such things but for what it's worth Anterian's posts come across as entirely believable as far as I am concerned and I don't think the point needs to be belabored. Whilst writing I will also offer an apology to him for my earlier post where I inquired whether we had met, I'm certain however that Anterian will understand the spirit and context of that statement within this thread. Respectfully.

You're a generous man. Anterions story has changed completely as this thread has run. I simply don't believe him, for the reasons I have given, however I am quite happy to let the matter rest. On reflection it doesn't really matter.

I had a guy who makes silver, some so called special silver here that you cant get anywhere in the world telling me I should get the f@#k out of Thailand and take my money back home. I was just enjoying a quiet beer on my own at the time too.

He kept on telling me how he is scared to walk down the street with his silver necklace as its worth so much blaah blah blah and kept telling me how great his silver is and how all Thai's want to rob him lol

Think l know him, got an old Omega watch that's worth thousands of pounds, saw one on Ebay for 60 quid. :D

Think l know him, got an old Omega watch that's worth thousands of pounds, saw one on Ebay for 60 quid. :D

I am sure he has been around. He always in Bangkok staying at a lovely hotel with a jacuzzi. A few times I thought he was going to ask me to come back with him lol Thats what I was really afraid of.

You're a generous man. Anterions story has changed completely as this thread has run. I simply don't believe him, for the reasons I have given, however I am quite happy to let the matter rest. On reflection it doesn't really matter.

Anterian hasn't contradicted himself at all but has merely added flesh to bones. Even a para who, as you put it, has a been an infantry soldier for a rather long time could work that out (probably). laugh.gif

Edited by Trembly

I have no issues with anyone on this topic stating themselves to be Ex SF……They do exist you know!

Here's an Idea……If all the Marines, SAS, SBS, Army Commando, Para, Black Ops, MI, MI5, MI4 operatives, 14 Int, Spetsnaz, Mossad, OK……Yes and all the yank ones as well, along with NAAFI managers…….Who are taking part…or reading this topic fancy a wet one night soon, don't panic….I'm not after a new best mate!……I live near Chiang Mai, any of you

'steely eyed worriers would be up for a beer?

'Wannabes' and cardboard SF Troopers are very welcome to come along, but best get a grip if you're coming to BS……….You will be spotted............. And get the piss taken out of you, and any stories told, about single handed 'bunker taking' or taking out 'machine gun nests' with nothing more than

your 'KFS' and a chap stick!……….You will be expected to re-enact the whole thing……. Have to say, some of the funniest stories I hear come from other

service men!

I'm up for a meet….Any takers?

If you accept this mission, you can contact me though the secure channel………….Yer, PM me.

Edited by metisdead
Font, again.

I believe most service people would say 2-1 (Two-one), 2-2, (Two-two) or 2-3 (Two-three) SAS ;)

RAZZ

Most of the guys I know would refer to the TA as the SAS….As they only went 'postal' on weekend…..Think about it?

As far as 22 SAS went, we all refered to them as just 'The Regiment' this was the common term 20 years ago….Don't know about now. :D

I believe most service people would say 2-1 (Two-one), 2-2, (Two-two) or 2-3 (Two-three) SAS ;)

RAZZ

Most of the guys I know would refer to the TA as the SAS….As they only went 'postal' on weekend…..Think about it?

As far as 22 SAS went, we all refered to them as just 'The Regiment' this was the common term 20 years ago….Don't know about now. :D

Saturdays And Sundays ;)

I'm "switched on" today :lol:

RAZZ

The thing I notice most about other people like this is that they NEVER ask you about you. They are so full of telling the world about them that they never actually meet anybody.

thumbsup.gif

Thats very true,

and another common characteristic,all Bull Shi**ers have,is very poor memories,ask them to repeat the same story,a week or two later,and it will have changed completely.

One should be very wary about disclosing anything about oneself. They are sussing out clues to the potential. Talk of money or property will illicit a bulls-eye. There are some very shady and very desperate people here who are scouting out prospective clients for cleansing. The cast of characters is large and all encompassing to include everyone from your friendly expat, the many foreigners, the pretty girls and the locals. Do yourself a favor. Be aware. If you keep seeing particular fellows out and about more than once, then you are being targeted. If you see many of them then you are the prime target.

No big point, but I belong to the VFW here in Bangkok. And all members are verified combat veterans. When we get together on a social setting, the talk and stories flow like an open bar keg. But rarely do any of these stories have to do with actual combat. They are about crazy members with whom they served, crazy stories about being on leave/liberty, coming to Thailand for the first time of R & R while serving in Vietnam, the hot girl at some bar on Soi Cowboy, how the wife is driving them crazy, the grandkids, what SUV to buy, fighting the VA bureaucracy--in short, just about everything other than actual combat. Other than asking what unit someone was in and when and where they were serving, I am not sure that I have heard any combat stories. There is one guy who landed at Tarawa, and even when asked, he doesn't go into any details.

I am not sure the significance on that, but I think it lends credence that those who have done, don't really trumpet it.

No big point, but I belong to the VFW here in Bangkok. And all members are verified combat veterans.

Are you sure about the "verified combat veterans" part, Bonobo? If so, I suggest that it could be unique to certain chapters. I have known several VFW members who never served in combat.

Agree with the rest of your post.