IATA Urges Single Airport For Bangkok

webfact

You forgot London City and Luton- If London can support LHR/STN/LCY/LGW/LTN business is business more is better in my opinion

There's also Saaaafend and Biggin Hill which also handles London flights.

No major city in the world can operate on one airport, impossible. The idea of Don Muang should be to house the likes of Air Asia, Nok Air etc. similar to Stansted in London.

It's not rocket surgery..!!!

:P

Melbourne Australia operates with one airport internationaly and has no problems. (Tullamarine)

We have Essendon airport for small aircraft and freight aircraft

Avalon also operates some jetstar flights within Australia but not many

Edited by dbaron

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute nonsense. How can a major travel hub such as BKK operate with just one airport..!!

London has 6 airports, New York has 3 and they are not enough.

This guy is an idiot..!!

Well when I flew into BKK and had to traverse the city to continue on.....I said never again. It's silly to have 2 airports that far apart with no real connection between, and further money to refurbish DM would be wasteful. It would be different if they really needed the space due to amount of flights, but they don't. Makes far more sense to spend the money on a new terminal at the new airport.

You forgot London City and Luton- If London can support LHR/STN/LCY/LGW/LTN business is business more is better in my opinion

No major city in the world can operate on one airport, impossible. The idea of Don Muang should be to house the likes of Air Asia, Nok Air etc. similar to Stansted in London.

Just to save those not familiar with the accent "Saaaafend" is "Southend". It took me a few seconds to realise. I can just see the puzzlement at Google HQ over the spike in searches for Saaaafend.

Actually just checked and it does show Saaaafend as Southend.

Excuse me while I remove my foot from my mouth.

Just to save those not familiar with the accent "Saaaafend" is "Southend". It took me a few seconds to realise. I can just see the puzzlement at Google HQ over the spike in searches for Saaaafend.

Actually just checked and it does show Saaaafend as Southend.

Excuse me while I remove my foot from my mouth.

I've always wanted to clarify this: "rocket surgery" = "rocket science" plus "brain surgery". Two very difficult things, but combined they don't make much sense. I will keep that for party discussions, it's funny.