Visa On Arrival In Bkk

yooperfella

Normally when I visit Thailand I stay for 3 or 4 months and have the appropriate visa. This time I am only staying 29 days, so will need to send away for a visa. However, I am not sure what I need to do once I land at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Do I simply go through Thai Immigration as I would if I had a visa in advance? Or do I need to make some sort of pre-arrangement. I always noticed a desk at the airport dedicated to "Visa On Arrival". Is that where I would need to go? Or can I pass by and get right into line with everyone else? Your advice is appreciated.

I am guessing you a citizen of a nation that is granted a 30 day visa exempt stamp. This includes USA, Western Europe, Australia etc.

Visa on arrival is a 14/15 ish day visa given to citizens of for example India.

For the 30 stamp just head for immigration as normal.

Hope this helps. Have a good trip.

Yes..... I should have mentioned..... I am an American citizen. So all I really need to do is get in line as I would if I were staying longer? Thanks. :-)

And take care that you complete the arrival/departure card which will be issued on the plane.......also as usual.

Since you don't have a visa-number, you can leave that blank.

Yes all of the above.

The 'Visa on Arrival' is for citizens of countries not allowed the 30 day visa-exemption (which is what you will get) who are allowed to apply for their visa when they arrive, mostly citizens of the Indian sub-continent.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate that. It puts my mind at ease now.

The 'Visa on Arrival' is for citizens of countries not allowed the 30 day visa-exemption (which is what you will get) who are allowed to apply for their visa when they arrive, mostly citizens of the Indian sub-continent.

Yes all of the above.

NO- Also Chinese, and many East Europeans-though some, like the Polish, have recently been upgraded to the 30-day western treatment. STILL laos applies to f.e. Estonians, Latvians ewtc-all firmly and many years in the EU.

AND then there is group 3- those who are not even allowed on the plane to TH without a prearranged visa.

I really wonder about the Q though- with so many entries, has s/he ever noted different lines for queing up? The only one was for TH/non TH-and even that they are now abolishing-to process Swampy arrivals more smoothly.