Pattaya Beaches

timekeeper

anyone thinking of heading for Pattaya's beaches should bear in mind that all chairs, umbrellas, ice boxes and the beach vendors themselves have been removed whilst the firework show is going on

the Army are around the area supervising the removal and a beach clean up prior to the event

Chomtien is business as usual

How busy do you think it will be Friday night? We're going for sure on Saturday as it seems to be the "big" day for the show...but considering driving out near Bali Hai pier to park Friday night for a short while to see the show.

personally i think that Friday will be the better night when considers the line up:

7.30 pm. Fireworks show by European fireworks teams from Germany, Italy, and Denmark(20 minutes).

8.30 pm. Fireworks show by Thailand, Republic of China, Japan and Australia (25minutes)

not to negate the others teams efforts but the Chinese show is always superb and the Italians have such flair and style

you know where i will be,,,,,,,,,

How busy do you think it will be Friday night? We're going for sure on Saturday as it seems to be the "big" day for the show...but considering driving out near Bali Hai pier to park Friday night for a short while to see the show.

Considering Beach Road will be closed off early and diversions in place Pattaya will more than likely be gridlocked on 2nd road, 3rd road and Sukhumvit. Pattaya Klang will be chaotic and expect the same for Pattaya Thai. Do you really want to take a car into that lot to park up and see the show?

Surely there will be bands on down at the pier as well so where you expect to park is anyone's guess. I am going to use m/c taxis as they tend to know their way around the diversions better and then there is no hassle to park.

I think you can expect to be crushed, pushed and generally battered anywhere along beach road for those considering going.

edit typo

Edited by pattayadingo

personally i think that Friday will be the better night when considers the line up:

7.30 pm. Fireworks show by European fireworks teams from Germany, Italy, and Denmark(20 minutes).

8.30 pm. Fireworks show by Thailand, Republic of China, Japan and Australia (25minutes)

not to negate the others teams efforts but the Chinese show is always superb and the Italians have such flair and style

you know where i will be,,,,,,,,,

I hear ya, but this is what got me going for Saturday. I'm guessing like other events, the finale will be the best???? They all look great and we might just go both nights. I'm a bit of a nut for fireworks. Already got lucky with an invite to a nice viewing condo on Beach Road. ;)

10.10 pm. A special fireworks show from 9Countries (Australia, China, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Arab Emirates andThailand. (20 minutes)

Considering Beach Road will be closed off early and diversions in place Pattaya will more than likely be gridlocked on 2nd road, 3rd road and Sukhumvit. Pattaya Klang will be chaotic and expect the same for Pattaya Thai. Do you really want to take a car into that lot to park up and see the show?

Surely there will be bands on down at the pier as well so where you expect to park is anyone's guess. I am going to use m/c taxis as they tend to know their way around the diversions better and then there is no hassle to park.

I think you can expect to be crushed, pushed and generally battered anywhere along beach road for those considering going.

edit typo

Good point. Last year, we parked at Big C Extra on Klang and just walked. Not really that far. M/C taxis pissed us off by quoting one number, then upping before we got on. there were quite a few of us. 2nd road was for sure a zoo when we walked back.

We got tired of being pushed and shoved like you mentioned, so got lucky and found a hotel that had opened up its roof for viewing. Brought up chairs for all of us, gave us umbrellas when it started to mist a bit, and even setup a bar! It was fantastic.

timekeeper where are you getting this duff info from about deckchairs and ice boxes etc going missing from? jomtien tourist information?

i walked the pattaya beach today at 10 00 am and all was normal.

read your post and went back at 16 00 to see what was going on.

answer nothing out of the ordinary, still jet ski's still deckchairs still umbrellas still ice boxes. In fact even more ice boxes as a load of stalls selling food ,drink,s and the usual tourist tat.

it is true that a small number of seats have been moved from in front of the hard rock hotel but only to put up some pics of the royals on a stand.

once you are past that it's a sea of umbrellas again.

as they put the beach stuff away at the end of the day and fireworks are let off at night i cannot see tomorrow being any different

timekeeper where are you getting this duff info from about deckchairs and ice boxes etc going missing from? jomtien tourist information?

i walked the pattaya beach today at 10 00 am and all was normal.

read your post and went back at 16 00 to see what was going on.

answer nothing out of the ordinary, still jet ski's still deckchairs still umbrellas still ice boxes. In fact even more ice boxes as a load of stalls selling food ,drink,s and the usual tourist tat.

it is true that a small number of seats have been moved from in front of the hard rock hotel but only to put up some pics of the royals on a stand.

once you are past that it's a sea of umbrellas again.

as they put the beach stuff away at the end of the day and fireworks are let off at night i cannot see tomorrow being any different

it was from one of the beach owners themselves in an area near the Montien were we go to regularly

they were told by Town Hall officials and the Army that everything had to be cleared away and removed and not to come back until Sunday

thats exactly what happened yesterday, at 9am there was nothing on the beach so we went to Jomtien instead

we also went to Jomtien today based on the information we were given

if its changed again in the interim period then that would be good news for the beach vendors who were very upset at the loss of income

maybe they protested at city hall and got it changed

i will have a look tomorrow morning

thanks for the update

timekeeper it was all normal yesterday too.

i walked from walking st to soi 2 at 10 30 am up to big C and back down soi 6 and along the beach about 13 30. everything as usual

they normally set up at about 7-30 but there was nothing there at 9am

i will check with them tomorrow what happened and report back

By law, 50% of the beach is to be left open for....get this.... tourists.

Unfortunately, greedy city officials that treat the beach as their private property, rent it to private businesses, leaving only a small patch here and there for the.... tourists.

Tourists, that want to enjoy the beach are jammed together.

post-127001-0-92110500-1324423851_thumb.

Unfortunately, greedy city officials that treat the beach as their private property, rent it to private businesses, leaving only a small patch here and there for the.... tourists.

I dont understand the constant comments and criticism of what goes on in Thailand from ignorant foreigners who think they all have it sorted out and want to change the place I quote: "for the better"

For the better of who??

it keeps going on and on and on Traffic, Woman and now even the way the beaches are organized????

Well you can always go back to your own beautiful organized beaches back in the UK some nice examples for you here

SWANAGE BEACH

swanage.jpg

OR BOURNEMOUTH BEACH MAYBE?

swanage.jpg

OR DO YOU MAYBE LIKE LYME REGIS BETTER??

lymeregis.jpg

so if you wouldnt mind leave Thailand for the people who do like it the way it was and is and hopefully will always be.

Edited by Dirk_brijs

At the risk of further inciting the Thailand's perfect society would it not be better if beach chairs and umbrellas were erected as required rather than standing unused permanently spoiling the look of the beach area.

I dont understand the constant comments and criticism of what goes on in Thailand from ignorant foreigners who think they all have it sorted out and want to change the place I quote: "for the better"

For the better of who??

it keeps going on and on and on Traffic, Woman and now even the way the beaches are organized????

Well you can always go back to your own beautiful organized beaches back in the UK some nice examples for you here

SWANAGE BEACH

swanage.jpg

OR BOURNEMOUTH BEACH MAYBE?

swanage.jpg

OR DO YOU MAYBE LIKE LYME REGIS BETTER??

lymeregis.jpg

so if you wouldnt mind leave Thailand for the people who do like it the way it was and is and hopefully will always be.

2 of the three photos are the same.

oh must have copied the wrong file.

This is the wonderful organized beach of Bournemouth.

Bournemouth.jpg

all the chairs nice lined up as some people here like to see it????

and since when is the Beach a main attraction in Pattaya???? Oh yes since all those decent foreigners coming lately trying to make a FAMILY RESORT out of it right?

Making the rich hotels, supermarket, and international food chains even richer pushing out the local economy....... the great capitalism thought right????

Leave Pattaya what it was as it is sure not changing for the better yes there was prostitution etc but at least you could walk ov er the street not being mugged or beaten up for a long time but that was a long time ago now.

As I said if you didnt like Pattaya how it was why are you here?????

And no I am not a Bar runner I have a decent family here but never inspired changing things here at all, as I accepted as it was but I start detesting it more and more as it is becoming a second Bangkok rapidly becoming very unsafe.

Edited by Dirk_brijs

the reason the tourists are crammed into those areas is because they are the only areas that arent shaded by the tress in the morning. also I think the Russians dont want to use deckchairs. will be intersting to see what happens because most of the deckchairs are empty these days

oh must have copied the wrong file.

This is the wonderful organized beach of Bournemouth.

Bournemouth.jpg

all the chairs nice lined up as some people here like to see it????

and since when is the Beach a main attraction in Pattaya???? Oh yes since all those decent foreigners coming lately trying to make a FAMILY RESORT out of it right?

Making the rich hotels, supermarket, and international food chains even richer pushing out the local economy....... the great capitalism thought right????

Leave Pattaya what it was as it is sure not changing for the better yes there was prostitution etc but at least you could walk ov er the street not being mugged or beaten up for a long time but that was a long time ago now.

As I said if you didnt like Pattaya how it was why are you here?????

And no I am not a Bar runner I have a decent family here but never inspired changing things here at all, as I accepted as it was but I start detesting it more and more as it is becoming a second Bangkok rapidly becoming very unsafe.

Somebody didn't take their medicine.