Bad Accident Involving 3 Phuket Based Riders

CroBiker

Hey people,

Just received phone call from good riding buddy of mine telling me about bad accident. It involves 3 Phuket based sport bike riders. One of them is member of this forum and I believe his ID is Blade or Blade1, real name Anthony. He rides 2010 red Ducati 848. The other is Khun Somnuk, owner of bike repair shop located at Thepkasattri Rd - opposite BMW Barcelona Motors showroom. Third guy is another Thai, nickname Boy. Apparently, somewhere near Lampang in Northern Thailand, some crazy woman driving Toyota Camry lost control of her vehicle and smashed into these 3 guys while they were idle at traffic light. She hit Khun Somnuk first, his bike bounced over smashing other 2 bikes while car was dragging him for 20-30 meters. According to my friend, his helmet split in half just as dam_n coconut, rest of the protective gear totally destroyed but it saved his life. He is currently in Lampang hospital and all I know is that he is still alive. The other 2 guys sustained injuires but not as bad as Somnuk. All the bikes are destroyed, local repair shop quoted them total of Baht 900,000 for repairs.

Btw, Somnuk is one of the best riders I had pleasure to ride with. He is fast, daring and incredibly skillful rider.

Anyway, I have lost Anthony's and Somnuk's phone numbers and was wondering if anyone can get in touch with them and update us on their situation.

I do believe Katabeachbum and Scubabuddha might be able to get more info on this.

Ouch, been out all day and got all frosted inside when I read this. Havent seen any of them for 4-5 months, but will look for their numbers and PM OP

Swift recovery guys

Found Antonys number and just spoke with him. He is in Phuket, he is fine. Forgot to ask about his 848, but assume its fine to as he didnt mention it. Must be a mix up with names.

Hope all these guys will recover soon. My best wishes for Khun Somnuk.

Sometimes i think traffic lights are the most dangerous places for bikers in Thailand (and of course U-Turns). You never know if the others stop too or if they keep on driving. Local people all have their special habbits how to deal with traffic lights.

Thank fully they are all still alive.

Gee wizz, we may all look like rider - idiots and sweat like waterfalls, BUT, it says allot for safety gear. Wear it folks, it does keep you alive. Get better quickly and safely. Ride on troopers, hope to see in Krabi, April, 2012?

Apparently, somewhere near Lampang in Northern Thailand, some crazy woman driving Toyota Camry lost control of her vehicle and smashed into these 3 guys while they were idle at traffic light.

Know matter how good you are you never can be prepared for the unexpected.

Hope the guys recover well soon and jump back on a bike again ASA. best wishes to them.

K.

Edited by Kwasaki