British Embassy

hi everyone :D

my wife was granted here settlement visa on 15 november,and i would like to thank all that helped me and som in getting her visa ,most of all scoucer and gu 22,and all the others.we are now back in the cold . :D

I was in bangkok as well and was very suprised when my wife came out side and said that they wanted to see me ,they asked me various questions ,for about 15 mins,then sent me out ,my wife went back in ,and about 10 mins later i was called in agian and spoke to a very nice english interviewer,5mins later she asked me to call som in and we both sat there she said a few more things then siad when would you like to go.

we both smiled and said 21 november and the lady said all the best for you both and that was it, So As you can imagine we both were pretty chuffed. I was very suprised to see they let me in the building ,They asked her questions about myself; i.e How old? When did you meet? What does he do? Whats his favourate food? Why do you love him? What will you do in England? ect ect ect ect.

Basically she was just bluntly honest. She said she couldn't speak too good of English

Anyway I want to say a big thanks to anyone who helped me along the way, definatly The Scouse!!! gu 22!!! and we both wish everyone all the luck and sucess in future applications!

we are both now looking forward to christmas ,BIG PARTY :D:o

AGIAN THANKS TO EVERY ONE IN THE FORUM ,AND THE KIND STAFF AT THE BRISHISH EMBASSY.

Congrats!!!!!!

(Just in time for the snow and ice!)

I was in bangkok as well and was very suprised when my wife came out side and said that they wanted to see me.......
Happens sometimes, if the ECO wants to clarify some points with the sponsor.
Basically she was just bluntly honest.
The best policy, always.

Congratulations Pete. Just out of interest what kind of questions did they ask you? The same type as they asked her? And how long did the whole process take?

hi

they asked me ,my wifes age,date of brith,if i send money,where i work,how much i earn, what we like to do,about my bank,where i live,my job,my kids,

same sort off questions they asked her

ok hope it helps pete

hi everyone  :o

my wife was granted here settlement visa on 15 november....................

we both smiled

the lady said all the best for you both and that was it...................

AGIAN THANKS TO EVERY ONE IN THE FORUM ,AND THE KIND STAFF AT THE BRISHISH EMBASSY.

Congratulations to you both, it is only last August we were given out settlement visa, and I still recall the absolutely wonderful feeling of it all.

BUT beware the roller coaster, you will not find one as high & low as this one, the honeymoon wears off .... We though are very very happy. We survive through correcting mistakes quickly and talk A LOT.....

At one time nobody was more angry with the embassy staff than I, and I felt it had to be Molotov cocktails at dawn. But now I personally think the staff at the embassy are much maligned, I speak from both sets of feelings, having my wife refused twice previously. And this, in hindsight through my stupidty and inexperience. But as they told me they want to help, but need to weed out the "wrong un's" Remember they are the first line of defence for immigration into our country, and still admit over two thirds of applicants. I have since written to the embassy thanking them and received a superb letter back, the main gist being that the staff do not do a particularly enjoyable job but are appreciative of someone occasionally seeing the job through the officer's eyes.