Past Lives

thaibebop

Okay, I am not getting serious here or bring any religion to yous people. This isn't a new age Shirley McClaine thing either. So, don't freak on me, 'kay.

I could explain why I am posting this, but I might bore somebody, like me, so...

If past lives were a real phenomenon who do you think you were?

I don't mean what famous person you might be like, or think you are, but what kind of person would you have been? Solider, carftsman of some kind, monk, village idiot, whatever.

Also, what time frame and where?

I think in past life I was a fisherman´s wife.

Many days I was wating for him at the beach...hoping to see the little boat coming back...

I was waiting bear food...and while wating I played with the sea or the sand, or the shells or anything i could find...or sometimes I went for a swim...

where? In an arabic country but i can´t recall which one...

:o

I've been hypnotically regressed and believe I died in a horrific manner in 1864. I believe that we are only incarnated as human beings, but could be wrong.

Why do people all think they were something special in previous lives?

Edited by Neeranam

I once had a past life "reading". During a tea break at work, many moons ago- the lady I was chatting with asked an out-of-the blue question.

"Do you like bonsai?" she said.

I replied that I found them fascinating creations but didn't own any. She then went into a bit of a trance like state. She continued on.

"I see you in a former life," she said. "You are Japanese and come from a wealthy family. Your job is to look after the family bonsais.

Your (current life) boyfriend is there too, I can see him. He's a rice worker, a poor rice worker. You love him but cannot be with him. Your family will not allow it. He spends the rest of his life alone with his little dog. Heartbroken".

Well, she was right in one respect. The "rice worker" and I parted 15 years ago. I have since worked with Japanese, speak some Japanese and, to this day, he lives alone with his little dog. :o

Edited by khall64au

I think in past life I was a fisherman´s wife.

Many days I was wating for him at the beach...hoping to see the little boat coming back...

I was  waiting bear food...and while wating I played with  the sea or the sand, or  the shells or anything i could find...or sometimes I went for a swim...

where? In an arabic country but i can´t recall which one...

Why do you think this? Do you have a love of the ocean? I sometimes wonder why certain parts of history apeal to me more than others, so this makes me wonder if I lived at that time. Sometimes I wonder about the kinds of things I like to do and wonder if past lives are real did I do these same things then too?

I've been hypnotically regressed and believe I died in a horrific manner in 1864. I believe that we are only incarnated as human beings, but could be wrong.

Why do people all think they were something special in previous lives?

We want to be special in this life and if we are not maybe that's okay because we can tell ourselves we were special in another. Also, most people can only think of history in terms of famous people. We think of the Roman Emperors not the people, so when someone thinks about living then they think of life like that.

I once had a past life "reading". During a tea break at work, many moons ago- the lady I was chatting with asked an out-of-the blue question.

"Do you like bonsai?" she said.

I replied that I found them fascinating  creations but didn't own any. She then went into a bit of a trance like state. She continued on.

"I see you in a former life," she said. "You are Japanese and come from a wealthy family. Your job is to look after the family bonsais.

Your (current life) boyfriend is there too, I can see him. He's a rice worker, a poor rice worker. You love him but cannot be with him. Your family will not allow it. He spends the rest of his life alone with his little dog. Heartbroken".

Well, she was right in one respect. The "rice worker" and I parted 15 years ago. I have since worked with Japanese, speak some Japanese and, to this day, he lives alone with his little dog.  :o

Cool story, thanks.

well thaibebop i do love the ocean...

I don´t know what it is... is like a magnetism...

the funny thing is that i was born in a capital city with no ocean ( not even close) but since i was a little girl i just loved to swim on the ocean... during the day or night. I lived for sometime in a coastal city and i used go to sit on the beach any time i need to be alone with my thoughs...

Also everybody say that my features are very arabic...

that´s why i think if i ever had a past life it should be in an arabic country and something to do with the ocean...so fisherman´s wife... :o

Edited by Glauka

well thaibebop i do love the ocean...

I don´t know what it is... is like a magnetism...

the funny thing is that i was born in a capital city with no ocean ( not even close) but since i was a little girl i just loved to swim on the ocean... during the day or night. I lived for sometime in a coastal city and i used go to sit on the beach any time i need to be alone with my thoughs...

Also everybody say that my features are very arabic...

that´s why i think if i ever had a past life it should be in an arabic country and something to do with the ocean...so fisherman´s wife... :o

I don't want to get too personal but where are you from or better yet what were your parents? You may closer to Arabic blood than you know.

yes my mother is from the south of spain...so yes I may have some arabic blood in my veins...maybe not...

I would place money on it. Muslims held Spain for a very long time and at different times and the Goths and Visigoths were there as well. Many of the churches in Spain were once Mosques. If have that smokey Spainish complexion I would place even more money on it.

yes my mother is from the south of spain...so yes I may have some arabic blood in my veins...maybe not...

I would place money on it. Muslims held Spain for a very long time and at different times and the Goths and Visigoths were there as well. Many of the churches in Spain were once Mosques. If have that smokey Spainish complexion I would place even more money on it.

Yes Muslim lived in Spain for 800 years...they were kick out in 1492...that´s why I said maybe not...maybe my gran.gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran parents never had a muslim boyfriend/girlfriend... :D

or maybe...

Maybe in past life I was the daughter of a rich merchant from Egipt...who fell in love with a fisherman...and that´s why I like flamenco so much...

It seems that the spanish gypsys came from India...through Egypt ...to Spain...the spanish name for gypsy is Gitano which comes from the word Egiptano (people from Egipt)...

Many flamenco songs refer to the ladies as Reina MOra (moorish queen) or Faraona...Nnice don´t you think?

Edited by Glauka

Yes Muslim lived in Spain for 800 years...they were kick out in 1492...that´s why I said maybe not...maybe my gran.gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran,gran parents never had a muslim boyfriend/girlfriend... :D

or maybe...

Maybe in past life I was the daughter of a rich merchant from Egipt...who fell in love with a fisherman...and that´s why I like flamenco so much...

It seems that the spanish gypsys came from India...through Egypt ...to Spain...the spanish name for gypsy is Gitano which comes from the word Egiptano (people from Egipt)...

Many flamenco songs refer to the ladies as Reina MOra (moorish queen) or Faraona...Nnice don´t you think?

Yes, very nice.

With reincarnation, I'm a little perplexed by numbers. :D

If, everyone was someone, sometime (I suddenly feel I should be posting this on guess the song thread :o ), and in the case of TGS, four someones, how was there enough previous people for us all to have been one.

What I'm asking is: have we had to share previous lives with others? Because of the continuous population explosion there has simply not been enough previous people for everyone to have exclusivity of someone that came before them. Unless, of course, reincarnation is a relatively new invention and only folks from a certain period onwards have benefited with a previous life. But then it would mean that they had to have time travelled to a period before reincarnation came into existance. :D

Maybe some of you smarter people can explain it to me. Until then I'll stick to dreams as the most likely explaination.

If, everyone was someone, sometime (I suddenly feel I should be posting this on guess the song thread  :o ), and in the case of TGS, four someones, how was there enough previous people for us all to have been one.

What I'm asking is:  have we had to share previous lives with others? Because of the continuous population explosion there has simply not been enough previous people for everyone to have exclusivity of someone that came before them. Unless, of course, reincarnation is a relatively new invention and only folks from a certain period onwards have benefited with a previous life. But then it would mean that they had to have time travelled to a period before reincarnation came into existance.  :D

Maybe some of you smarter people can explain it to me. Until then I'll stick to dreams as the most likely explaination.

I heard one agruement that our souls can be animals as well, so the extra people were once part of other animal popultions, perhaps also ones that have gone extinct. Interesting idea.

I don't know what I was....

Suggestions anyone ????

:D

Bride of Dracula perhaps? :D:D

What makes you say that? :D

Sounds fun though, possibly I was :D

I always liked Dracula's women. It would be a man's last night of fun, but boy would it be fun! Okay, that was stupid, but I still liked his women. :o

well old croc...I don´t believe in recarnation...

I believe that as energy cannot be created or destroy only transformed that is what will happen to me when I die I will be just be transformed into something else...blah,blah,blah...

However I think the thread of this post is very romantic...So as I said before if I ever had a past life I would have been a fisherman´s wife in an arabic country...

and you old croc... if you ever had a past live who do you think you were?

Edited by Glauka

well old croc...I don´t believe in recarnation...

I believe that as energy cannot be created or destroy only transformed that is what will happen  to me when I die I will be just be transformed into  something else...blah,blah,blah...

However I think the thread of this post is very romantic...So as I said before if I ever had a past life I would have been a fisherman´s wife in an arabic country...

and you old croc... if you ever had a past live who do you think you were?

A grump or a grinch :o

If, everyone was someone, sometime (I suddenly feel I should be posting this on guess the song thread  :D ), and in the case of TGS, four someones, how was there enough previous people for us all to have been one.

What I'm asking is:  have we had to share previous lives with others? Because of the continuous population explosion there has simply not been enough previous people for everyone to have exclusivity of someone that came before them. Unless, of course, reincarnation is a relatively new invention and only folks from a certain period onwards have benefited with a previous life. But then it would mean that they had to have time travelled to a period before reincarnation came into existance.  :D

I heard one agruement that our souls can be animals as well, so the extra people were once part of other animal popultions, perhaps also ones that have gone extinct. Interesting idea.

No one ever claims to have been an animal. They were always a famous, heroic or romantic figure. :o