N.Z. Law Firm Manager Sentenced For Embezzling $374,000

TallGuyJohninBKK

Came across this browsing the news out of New Zealand...

Legal firm manager stole funds for Thai prostitute

The New Zealand Herald

7:07 PM Thursday Dec 15, 2011

SCCZEN_A_170611NZHSRIPETER03_220x147.JPG

Peter McClintock. Photo / APN

A manager at a legal firm stole $374,000 from the company to pay for the upkeep of a Thai prostitute who called him "Daddy", a court has heard.

Peter James McClintock, a 63 year-old churchgoer, had earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of false accounting and seven of accessing a computer for a dishonest purpose.

He was sentenced to 12 months home detention and 300 hours community work when he appeared at the Auckland District Court today, supported by his wife, brother and adult children.

The court heard McClintock was employed as a practice manager at McElroys boutique law firm in Auckland when he went to a massage parlour in Takapuna and met a 20-year-old Thai woman in 2009.

MORE:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

"I believe he had hope of some sexual contact but I believe that did not occur, except for the first few months of the relationship."

McClintock's lawyer Ron Mansfield said the relationship was more akin to a father caring for his daughter.

Father-daughter relationship on one hand, and sexual contact on the other, mmh... :blink:

• 1 month later...

Bendix, is that you?

Wondered where he was. :rolleyes:

laugh.gif

I think Bendix relocated to London - might be wrong though, could have been Auckland ph34r.gif

Wasnt he living in Suk 13 at one time, The Trendy perhaps, no wonder he relocated.

I can assure you I NEVER lived in The Trendy - it's a truly godawful building and if you check my posting history you will see that I was always contemptuous of the place.

I do, though, have an apartment on soi 11. It's an easy mistake to make, if you're an idiot.

As for this gentleman: no, not me. I actually am a New Zealander and did work in NZ law firm a long time ago, but after leaving Thailand I went to London, and am now in HK. I spend a lot of time in Thailand still - I consider it my home still and shall retire back there in an a couple of years,

Afraid I've never heard of the firm this chappie worked at. Seems odd that he could steal so much and for such a silly purpose.

I can assure you I NEVER lived in The Trendy - it's a truly godawful building and if you check my posting history you will see that I was always contemptuous of the place.

I do, though, have an apartment on soi 11. It's an easy mistake to make, if you're an idiot.

As for this gentleman: no, not me. I actually am a New Zealander and did work in NZ law firm a long time ago, but after leaving Thailand I went to London, and am now in HK. I spend a lot of time in Thailand still - I consider it my home still and shall retire back there in an a couple of years,

Afraid I've never heard of the firm this chappie worked at. Seems odd that he could steal so much and for such a silly purpose.

A nerve well and truly touched there, i think. ph34r.png

A nerve well and truly touched there, i think. ph34r.png

Far from it. Someone posted an inaccurate comment about me. I corrected it.

All very straightforward.

What an incredibly lenient sentence. Hardly punishment at all.

Small wonder peope dont think twice about stealing.

Home arrest - after pissing away 300 large + of his firms money. not that lenient if hiss wife is the firms senior partners daughter, and she looks like Jake the mus

Wonder what the attraction is of these underclass skanky women that have powers to lure men to them like magnets?

I think it`s because no women with any self esteem would ever become involved with these aging desperate no hopers.

I had an American friend who fell stupidly in love with some bargirl he met in Bangkok one night. He knew the girl had no feelings for him, but believed that if he could not find a wife he could buy one. He decided she was for him and married her.

After he donated most of his savings to her family, the girl moved on to another farang. My friend caught her cheating and later committed suicide after he lost almost everything. After the funeral, his Thai wife sold the house in the States and was never heard of again.

You have been warned.

post-110219-0-79769000-1327389654_thumb.