Israel to release 550 Palestinian prisoners in second phase of deal with Hamas

News_Editor

Israel to release 550 Palestinian prisoners in second phase of deal with Hamas

2011-12-15 23:36:33 GMT+7 (ICT)

TEL AVIV (BNO NEWS) -- The Israeli government will release 550 Palestinian prisoners on Sunday in what will be the second phase of a prisoner swap agreement with Hamas, the Israel Prison Service (IPS) said on Thursday.

The IPS has published a list of names of 550 Palestinian prisoners who are housed at the Ofer and Ayalon prisons and are scheduled to be released on Sunday evening. They will leave for the Beitunia crossing and Gaza, the Jerusalem Post reported.

Israeli civilians have 48 hours to file any objections against the release of any specific prisoner, the Israel Prison Service said. The Justice Ministry opened an information center on Wednesday where civilians can obtain prisoner-specific information.

Earlier on Wednesday, Saleh Arouri, a Hamas official who is in charge of following up on the issue of the Palestinian prisoners, told reporters that the IPS list is neither official nor final. He said that neither Hamas nor Egypt, which helped broker the prisoner swap agreement, have received word from Israel about the intention to release the inmates on the list.

Under the agreement, Israel agreed to free 1,027 prisoners in exchange for the release of IDF soldier Gilad Shalit who had been held in Hamas captivity in Gaza for almost six years. During the first phase in October, Israel released 477 Palestinian prisoners, including participants in some of the bloodiest terrorist attacks of the last decade.

All prisoners to be released as part of the deal are required to sign a document in which they pledge not to engage in terrorist activity in the future. Israeli officials previously said they will hunt down any released prisoners if they are found to have engaged in terrorism again.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-12-15

"All prisoners to be released as part of the deal are required to sign a document in which they pledge not to engage in terrorist activity in the future".

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Let's see them tell that to Hamas!....."sorry guv I can't blow up any more innocent people, I promised and signed my pledge"

Edited by uptheos

"All prisoners to be released as part of the deal are required to sign a document in which they pledge not to engage in terrorist activity in the future".

Let's see them tell that to Hamas!....."sorry guv I can't blow up any more innocent people, I promised and signed my pledge"

No, no, no.... Hamas are well known for respecting Agreements, they will understand. ph34r.gif

The word is 'Taqiyya' which is in effect permission to lie from divine authority so no need to even cross cresent ones fingers behind one's back.