Swiss National Arrested For Embezzlement In Udon Thani

webfact

Swiss national arrested for embezzlement in Udon Thani

image_201112161708044657C3E9-EEBA-CEBA-73E09889BBCDC67D.JPG

UDON THANI, Dec 16 – A Swiss man on Friday was arrested on charges of embezzlement in Thailand’s northeastern province of Udon Thani, according to police here.

John Robert Paul Schiochet, a 52-year-old Swiss citizen, was captured at his home in Phen district by Pol Lt-Col Thanapong Moktong, an inspector at the Udon Thani Immigration Office, and Swiss embassy officials.

The detainee was at large and fled to Thailand after a court in Switzerland sentenced him to four years in jail on Jan 11, 2011 on charges of embezzling money from victims by claiming to jointly invest in the real eastate business.

Mr Schiochet said that he lured 62 victims to pay 10,000 euros each to invest in the land development business but the business suffered a loss. He, therefore, escaped to the kingdom and lived with a Thai wife in Phen district before ending up the relation.

While living in Phen district, Mr Schiochet also found guilty of embezzlement but was released on bail at the Udon Thani court’s order.

However, total amount of money embezzled in Switzerland before fleeing to Thailand was still unidentified.

Col Thanapong said that Thailand will not extradite him to face charges in Switzerland as Mr Schiochet faces a visa overstay case and another embezzlement case in Udon Thani. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-12-16

This guy escaped Switzerland with millions of Baths, and he do the same illegal business in Thailand? He could stay quiet and do nothing and not get in trouble. What a stupid guy.:bah: I hope he get long time in Thai prison.

For these guys, it's as much about "the game" as it is about the money.

It always seems to be the white man that gets scammed. Why would anyone give this creep 10,000 without checking his credentials and background ? As the Indians and Thai's always say....stupid rich white people. They cant understand where the stupid white man gets all his money from.

by working for a living,not sat around all day drinking sansom

• Like 1

620,000 euros. That's quite a lot of money... But then again, you'd have to pay me about 6 million euros a year to live inside a Thai jail, so perhaps it wasn't such a good scam after all.

Dont believe all you hear about Thai Prisons... Better here than Japan, thats for sure..!

Let's see: 62 people @ 10,000 Euro each = 620,000 Euro

At exchange rate of just 30:1 = 25,330,000 baht (approx).

Could have lived a very nice, quiet life here, and never had to worry about a thing, IF he had really wanted to. Like one poster said: It's not the money, it's the game.

Idiot.

It always seems to be the white man that gets scammed. Why would anyone give this creep 10,000 without checking his credentials and background ? As the Indians and Thai's always say....stupid rich white people. They cant understand where the stupid white man gets all his money from.

by working for a living,not sat around all day drinking sansom

work? whats that?

cheesy.gif

burp.gif

drunk.gif

Could have lived a very nice, quiet life here, and never had to worry about a thing, IF he had really wanted to. Like one poster said: It's not the money, it's the game.

Idiot.

620,000 x 30 = 25,330,000 ?

clap2.gif

This guy escaped Switzerland with millions of Baths, and he do the same illegal business in Thailand? He could stay quiet and do nothing and not get in trouble. What a stupid guy.:bah: I hope he get long time in Thai prison.

I will watch his case very closely and hope this guy goes to jail for a long long time..I am so sick and tired of Bad Farangs.. Hope many Farangs know how to behave when they decide to work and live in Thailand...

They need to be grateful and if they choose to live in the state at this point..They have to pay taxes and these taxes money can buy them Mansions and servants in Thailand. My take and opinion.

Did he ??? I only see CH, not Thailand...... Millions of Baths ??? Where ? blink.gif

Keeping quiet......maybe he did but......."Recently ended his marriage here".....I see a little whispering in appropriate ears happening in this case.... Maybe the settlement wasnt high enough??

Idiot.

620,000 x 30 = 25,330,000 ?

clap2.gif

Well spotted, although he does say approx, obviously a builder who's used to giving work estimates. Someone should tell him (or her) there's a calculator supplied with every operating system that I know about.

Farang - Thailand - Real estate - fraud.

What else is new?

By the way Farang-Thailand-Real Estate-Fraud reminds me of the Swiss(?) man who 'lost' 60 million Baht in Phuket property not so long ago. What happened there? does anyone know? Would that be described as Thai-Thailand-Real Estate-Farang-Stiff(Swiss)Cheddar?

620,000 euros. That's quite a lot of money... But then again, you'd have to pay me about 6 million euros a year to live inside a Thai jail, so perhaps it wasn't such a good scam after all.

Dont believe all you hear about Thai Prisons... Better here than Japan, thats for sure..!

Do you have experience in this subject........ok just joking!rolleyes.gif

It may be a sport for this fellow, but a Swiss prison was once described by a foreigner as about a 4 Star hotel. If the bleeding heart Swiss have any courage, they will make a deal with the Thai's. Keep him in a Thai prison and we will pay you $5000 thousand a year. The Swiss would be about $75'000 a year ahead. BTW we could do the same in the US, except the lawyers would lose out with their endless appeals paid for by the tax payers.

Farang - Thailand - Real estate - fraud.

What else is new?

Col Thanapong said that Thailand will not extradite him to face charges in Switzerland as Mr Schiochet faces a visa overstay case and another embezzlement case in Udon Thani.

How does Col Thanapong know that he won't be extradited to Switzerland? Isn't an overstay case a reason to get sent home already? Or is he still able to come up with the wanted amount and it won't go to court?

Thailand the hub of corrupt Col.........jap.gif

Idiot.

The Euro is not the USD! The exchange rate is about 40 THB. :sleepy:

Keeping quiet......maybe he did but......."Recently ended his marriage here".....I see a little whispering in appropriate ears happening in this case.... Maybe the settlement wasnt high enough??

Well said, first thing that crossed my mind vindictive ex mia 555