3 Girls File Complaints About Facebook Attacker

webfact

it's seriously fcked up.... i've always found the reconstruction photos strange but this one takes the prize.

Yeah this is the most bizarre, bar none. Ever. Anywhere. Only in Thailand :blink:

I feel myself rooting for some vigilante justice in this case :bah:

Then again maybe some of the above posters are right - maybe this is the way to show what a creepy bastard that guy is. Loss of face is most certainly ensured.

Edited by nikster

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Teddy Bears were harmed during this investigation.

This doesn’t make sense.

The guy did not try and disguise himself on facebook.

The only deception is that he lied about his profession. So when the girls met up with him they was fully aware that they were meeting up for a date and whatever else may have followed.

The question is: was the sex consensual for a security operations official in the deep South, but rape for a plain old hotel security guard.

Something doesn’t read right here.

it's seriously fcked up.... i've always found the reconstruction photos strange but this one takes the prize.

Yeah this is the most bizarre, bar none. Ever. Anywhere. Only in Thailand :blink:

I feel myself rooting for some vigilante justice in this case :bah:

Then again maybe some of the above posters are right - maybe this is the way to show what a creepy bastard that guy is. Loss of face is most certainly ensured.

Does he look like he has lost face? He seems to be enjoying himself very much.;)

I looked at this and couldn't belive it.. looked some more and thought <deleted>.. his face has been superimposed on the photo.... now publishing a re-enacatment photo is plain stupid and distasteful of the police but superimposing his face with a gastly smile on it is plain lunacy. One wonders who is managing the police pubic image as this is just so stupid and unbelievable.

Although I have no sympathy for the guy I also think its unfair to publish a shot with a superimposed smile on it so as to make it look like he's enjoyinh the whole re-enactment.

monty

guess you never stop seeing things here you simply cant beleive your seeing. just what is going through the minds of the BIB on this one. he is obviously full of remorse, hopefully IF he does jail time he will be on the receiving end of the same treatment he gave out. puts into prospective how the crime of rape is seen here, and really is seen as a minor offense. i once had the misfurtune to see a rape victem interviewed in a police station, battered and bruised she was grilled by the BIB, with the suspect next to her and in view and ear shot of others in the interview area.

he should plead insanity

Judge: "You are hereby charged that, on the night of September 14th, you did willfully, with malice and forethought, sexually assault a 14 year old girl. How do you plead?"

LESLIE HORWINKLE: "Insanity"

Judge: "Insanity?"

LESLIE HORWINKLE: "That's right, insanity....I'm just crazy about that girl..."

Judge: "Bailiff, wack his peepee"

Cheech and Chong "Trippin in Court"

Edited by wxyz

shades of Elvis

I don't wanna be a tiger

'Cause tigers play too rough

I don't wanna be a lion

'Cause lions ain't the kind you love enough

Just wanna be, your Teddy Bear

Teddy Bear - Elvis Presley

Edited by wxyz

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Court the place to prove guilt and not the newspapers or electronic media? From what you are saying, it is in Thai culture that this sort of thing is plastered around the populous who then make an ill informed decision of guilt prior to the persons day in court. let's just have a public poll and condem a suspect without evidence being produced.

I thought such re-enactments were only voluntarily done when a "perp" had already admitted guilt and there was lenience to be granted in sentencing if they re-enacted the crime on the record. Is that not how it works?

No Teddy Bears were harmed during this investigation.

This doesn’t make sense.

The guy did not try and disguise himself on facebook.

The only deception is that he lied about his profession. So when the girls met up with him they was fully aware that they were meeting up for a date and whatever else may have followed.

The question is: was the sex consensual for a security operations official in the deep South, but rape for a plain old hotel security guard.

Something doesn’t read right here.

In the Thai press they're reporting that he befriended the girls via Facebook, going on to seduce and have sexual relations/rape them. But he secretly filmed it, and afterwards they were blackmailed into having more sex with him via the threat of him releasing the footage if they didn't consent.

http://m.thairath.co.th/content/region/223747

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000160232

So is this a case that the girls consented to have sex with this guy? Then after they were filmed and blackmailed, declared this as a rape to save face and embarrassment?

I think it`s going to be another one of those stories where we will never know the conclusion, meaning all this is just pure speculation for the time being.

"The suspect said yesterday that he had only had sex with two girls and it was consensual."

What he doesn't realise is that the Police have taken a statement from the BEAR and included her as the 3rd victim.

Are you sure it's a her? If the name is Teddy I doubt it or maybe it's a ladybear being interviewed for a job on PC Airlines.

Sorry to jole about something so serious but it's difficult not to with a picture this stupid

In Thairath they're saying the girls were underage, so I don't think consent comes into it.

If I understood it correctly, the arrest warrant was for having sexual relations with someone under 16 years of age who isn't your wife, regardless of consent; taking someone away under 16 years of age for immoral purposes; and separating a minor under 16 from their parents, guardian or person responsible without proper cause.

Also the Thai press are saying it all took place in Khorat, not Nakhon Si Thammarat as the Nation states. Apparently the man travelled up from Phuket to meet them.

what a crazy photo - how sick that guy looks!!!

But it makes me wonder in general why the Thai BIB want to have these reconstructed photos in the first place - are they useful in court? What would be the benefit to the perp to take part in it apart from showing some remorse - which this guy obviously isn't with that stupid grin on his face.

Hope the girls get some counseling and assistance to deal with this - and also hope that they don't see this photo too often - it would be a terrible reminder of a traumatic event.

I feel sorry for the teddy bear.

But seriously, in a case as serious as this, what on earth do the police think they are achieving with this (presumably) re-enactment photo? It's borderline surreal!

Borderline surreal? I think there's nothing borderline about it! It's right out of a David Lynch movie.

Upon reflection, I agree. I retract the word "borderline".

The sickest part of this whoie episode, is that very lonely and desperate people continue to develop friendships, and relationships with total strangers on the internet. It is a social phenomenon that is based on neurosis, a nearly complete lack of social skills, a nearly complete lack of confidence in one's self, and nearly zero self esteem. If those elements were not present, you would just meet people face to face, like normal people. Many of the men who operate on the internet are predators. Few of them tell the truth, if they even know what the truth looks like. And these desperate lonely souls fall for it. Internet dating is one thing. Falling in love with someone you met on the internet, someone you think you know, someone who has represented details to you that are ANYTHIING but the truth, is sick, unhealthy, and a horrific social phenomenon. If I were a parent, I would absolutely forbid my child from using social media to chat with strangers. With your friends, OK. WIth 35 year old predators, I do not think there is any good that comes from that.

The sickest part of this whoie episode, is that very lonely and desperate people continue to develop friendships, and relationships with total strangers on the internet. It is a social phenomenon that is based on neurosis, a nearly complete lack of social skills, a nearly complete lack of confidence in one's self, and nearly zero self esteem. If those elements were not present, you would just meet people face to face, like normal people. Many of the men who operate on the internet are predators. Few of them tell the truth, if they even know what the truth looks like. And these desperate lonely souls fall for it. Internet dating is one thing. Falling in love with someone you met on the internet, someone you think you know, someone who has represented details to you that are ANYTHIING but the truth, is sick, unhealthy, and a horrific social phenomenon. If I were a parent, I would absolutely forbid my child from using social media to chat with strangers. With your friends, OK. WIth 35 year old predators, I do not think there is any good that comes from that.

My sister met her husband on the internet about 8 yrs ago, apparently she was sick of the wierd predators in the nightclubs and the like, so she tried internet dating. Met her husband and got married 3 yrs later and now have 2 kids. She has always had great confidence in herself and excellent social skills (Works as a Marketing executive for a large hotel in Sydney) Her husband is a school Principal. Just a couple of the people who lack social skills, self esteem and confidence as you say. I think you are generalizing when you say it is lonely desparate people who choose the internet for dating or other social activities and clubs.

Yes there are a lot of wierdo's on the net with hidden agenda's just as there are a lot of wierdo's in the club scenes and other social groups and clubs. It is the responsibily of parents to monitor what thier children do on the internet and who they interacting with.

A classy newspaper and an even classier police force.

I'll bet this photo gets some international attention as it is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a while.

This photo is already doing the email circuit, got a an email from a friend in Australia today with this pic. Won't repeat the caption attached on here but not flattering for the BIB or Thailand.

Borderline!! 0% Empathy. I wonder if the police would have posted this photo if it had been one of there children who had been raped?

I feel sorry for the teddy bear.

But seriously, in a case as serious as this, what on earth do the police think they are achieving with this (presumably) re-enactment photo? It's borderline surreal!