Tot Vs. Tt&t

buadhai

Can anyone explain this?

I have landline telephone service from TT&T. We opted for TT&T because, at the time, they were able to give us ADSL via ISSP. TOT told us that ADSL was not available in our area.

However, our telephone bills come in a TOT envelope, are printed on TOT letterhead and nowhere on the bill is TT&T even mentioned. We can pay the bill at either office.

AFAIK TOT provides the lines (actual wires) and the switches. And, since they also do the billing and process the payments, I wonder just what TT&T's role actually is. What the <deleted> do they really do?

What service, exactly, does TT&T provide?

Yeah, they installed the copper from the pole to the house and they did the inside wiring, but aside from that, I don't see anything that they've done. They don't run the switch, they don't own the copper; just what do they do?

TT&T Public Company Limited(TT&T) Formerly known as Thai Telephone & Telecommunication Public Company Limited. The Group's principal activity is the operation of provincial telephone network. The Group's services include, fixed line telephone, pay phone, data communication and distribution of telephone equipment. The Group operates solely in Thailand.

TT&T does own their exchanges, but does not own the link-up to Bangkok/other provinces.

This is the reason why TT&T exchanges are upgraded to adsl faster then the TOT exchanges. They have to be competitive as they are a private company, compared to the government owned TOT.

This also explains the fancy TT&T outlets, and the extra services available such as caller id...

They do have to pay a substantial part of their revenue to TOT, so the billing department from TOT handles all billing.

I think the idea behind it was to prevent TOT form having a monoply, so  lines are rented out to TT&T for them to market and service.

I have both TOT and TT&T lines in my house.

I find the TOT line better

TOT did have the monopoly but did not provide required service and had neither the will or the way to do so. So a few years ago they were forced to open turn-key contracts for Bangkok and upcountry new lines under very specific conditions. These were provided to TA and TT&T who work under these contracts.

TOT better? interesting. I have in Ban Chang, Rayong, ADSL 128 KB with TT&T. Then the flyer from TOT came in and they announced very competitve prices. I thought of giving it a try and changed to TOT 512 KB service. It was actually slower with what I had before and switched back just three days later.