Bringing Thai Dog To Aussie?

Just a quick question. Our dog(black lab ) is part of our family . From what I understand she would have to spend a long, long time in quarantine in Australia. Anyone give insight into costs and a time frame ? Like I say she is a member of the family...but if qaurantine is too extreme...maybe finding her a new home in Thailand would be better . :o

being  a  vet  and  have an aussie  client who has a Pug doggie ( her  name  is num whan)

he told me that he  has to pick his Pug  for quarantine at Singapore 6 mth,  200,000 Bht  before  he can pick her to  Roo Land

Thanks BambinaA. Your help is always great. :D Whitney, our dog, is doing ok now...although she is blind , learning to get around with her nose and ears :o

although she is blind , learning to get around with her  nose and ears  :D

she can have some prob/accident when she move to new place :o .. give her time .. for her instict , she will be ok ( have some patients like that ..all way hit emselves with someting) :D

u'd pick/guide her around (new place)..bring she walks around

Edited by BambinA

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick question. Our dog(black lab ) is part of our family . From what I understand she would have to spend a long, long time in quarantine in Australia. Anyone give insight into costs and a time frame ? Like I say she is a member of the family...but if qaurantine is too extreme...maybe finding her a new home in Thailand would be better . :o

You will have to prove that you've been in a relatioship with this dog. You will need evidence that you supported the dog. Did you feed the dog regularly?

You will also have to prove that your dog isn't a bar dog. Did it sleep around? Or is it faithful. The government takes a dim view of dogs that just sleep around.

Do you have photos? Take them with you. They will probably want to interview the dog too ... in a separate room of course.

Only joking. Expensive exercise ... but well worth it for mans best friend. If the dog is part of your family then you owe it to your dog to spend the money on getting it here. I also believe that you can visit the animal in quarantine.

Cheers

Virg'