England Sets Thailand An Example

astral

I,m not to sure about this lawinforcemet against alcohol because if you want boose you,ll get it.Up here in norway where i,m from ,the beer and spirit is to expencive to buy in the shops........literally it is. A sixpack cost 900 bath.And the real boose....well forget it.So we drink imported shitspirit, last year it killed a few dudes so no more of that. Now we,re drinking imported beer. All boosted up even before you hit the pubs ,because once your in the pub you,re up to 350 bath for a 0,4 litre of the good stuff.

Anyway don,t think it,s good closing pubs early when you look at the material damages . And it,s not to good to have all night open looking at the human damage it costs. People are stupid when drunk,thats it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Broadcasting House' a programme on BBC radio in the UK had reporters out all around England today asking police and publicans how the first Saturday night of late opening had gone. They seemed most disappointed that there was no more trouble than there is normally.

Edited by endure

One of the complaints revolves around the fact that the drunks we see on TV news now will be able, because of the extended opening hours, to drink more. Looking at the state of them if they did drink any more they'd be unconscious anyway :o

NO NO NO!  Britain will not gain from these new laws.  The idea that we all become European and sit and chat over a nice bottle of wine is a fantasy.  Brits are the biggest wreck heads in Europe. 

If I had to live in England / Great Britain/ Uooh - Kaye, I'd probably have to binge drink all the time myself...

:o

Thankfully, I live In-the-City-That-Never-Sleeps, the Bars usually stay open 'till wee hours .... :D

having ran a few bars in london,i dont think that this new law will make ANY difference,

most of the trouble involves younger people, who with the mixture of drink and drugs grow super powers and feel the need to bottle sombody who looked at them funny,

the last place i ran there was pretty big(500 people).fridays were over 18,saturdays were over 21,voilence decreased 90% saturdays.

i had 15 doormen on friday night's and could have used more a lot off the time.

here in new york places open till 4 am,drinking age 21,general rule of thumb is 1 door man for every 100 people 2000 people=20 door men.there is nowhere near as much trouble here,but when there is 9/10 times its young people.

fact is some people arent responsible and mature enough to handle drinking.

Of course we should be aware that using the liberalism of alcohol sales as a means to reduce alcohol related problems is employing the same mechanism of behaviour control that those who support the liberalism of other drugs.

It will be interesting to see how that argument pans out.

NO NO NO!  Britain will not gain from these new laws.  The idea that we all become European and sit and chat over a nice bottle of wine is a fantasy.  Brits are the biggest wreck heads in Europe. 

If I had to live in England / Great Britain/ Uooh - Kaye, I'd probably have to binge drink all the time myself...

:o

Thankfully, I live In-the-City-That-Never-Sleeps, the Bars usually stay open 'till wee hours .... :D

Tit :D

It´ll take the english some time to adapt during which undoubtebly there will be some ugly incidents. If you uphold the new laws though, they´ll likely see a general calming down of people, once they realise they they don´t HAVE to get hammered by 23.00.

Then people may drink a little slower, a little healthier.

Interesting to note that the per capita drinking statistics of europe have dropped by almost four gallons per person per day, since we all moved out of there.