Activated Charcoal/ Carbon Loose Powder

Femme

CNS, I hadn't thought about these places, only pharmacies and health shops. Thanks, will have a look at Suthep Road. I now paid 50 baht for 10 tablets (import) and 30 baht for 12 Thai brand, but I prefer loose powder

Hellodolly, it aDsorbs poison and stuff that makes you sick (think of food poisoning)

Some brush their teeth with it to whiten it.

Edited by Femme

CNS, I hadn't thought about these places, only pharmacies and health shops. Thanks, will have a look at Suthep Road. I now paid 50 baht for 10 tablets (import) and 30 baht for 12 Thai brand, but I prefer loose powder

Hellodolly, it aDsorbs poison and stuff that makes you sick (think of food poisoning)

Yep, good stuff if one is in dire straits. Had a flight to catch but could hardly get out of bed before diving for toilet (dodgy burger night before). Managed to make it to a pharmacy, took one and 30 mins later dried me right up and able to do flight. Amazing what a bit of burnt wood will do. Some also recommend for hangovers. Just drink lots of water.

The pharmacy opposite Rimping, Meechok, does a pack for 18 baht.

Yep, good stuff if one is in dire straits. Had a flight to catch but could hardly get out of bed before diving for toilet (dodgy burger night before). Managed to make it to a pharmacy, took one and 30 mins later dried me right up and able to do flight. Amazing what a bit of burnt wood will do. Some also recommend for hangovers. Just drink lots of water.

The pharmacy opposite Rimping, Meechok, does a pack for 18 baht.

Hard to believe such a small dose gave you that much relief. Not knocking you jackr, don't get me wrong... I usually take 3 or 4 tablets at a time if I get food poisoning. We give the dog the same dose if she gets into someones trash or something... Why spend the extra money on imported tablets when they are locally produced? If you shop around you can find them for 20-25 Baht for 10 tablets.

Really? 18 Baht for 10? That's a good price. Is that the pharmacy with the green logo inside the little plaza where Rimping is located or in the Ruam Chok Market?

Edited by elektrified

^^ Yes. A recommended antidote to poisoning of your pets. That and 3% foodgrade hydrogen peroxide, I keep handy just for such an emergency. Never happened yet, but....

Must say I find that the tiny imodium tablet is all I and family have ever needed for what ailed JackR's pre-flight disposition.

Imodium gets to work almost immediately. And no I've no shares in the company.