Dish Washing Machine In And Around Pattaya

edh

Thanks BB1950,

Where do they sell Teka appliances? Location? I am getting the kitchen fitted and have not been around buying all the appliances myself :whistling:

Any shop selling Teka appliances.

Just about everywhere that fits kitchens and the large DIY centers: HomeWorks, HomePro, Boontavan, HomeMart, Kanyong. At one time Siemens manufactured small personal dishwashers that you could get in NumChai. I don't know if they still make them.

Most likely they won't be stocked items, you'll probably have to order from a catalog. There might be a show display with one. Usually they are shipped from Bangkok.

The only places you won't find them are Big C and Tesco/Lotus because they aren't inexpensive. They run more than 40,000 baht. Supplies for dishwashers (detergents and rinse agents) are hard to find and very expensive.

Edited by BB1950

Most makers of kitchen appliances sell them but usually you have to order them from the main household

stores like Homepro and Homeworks, they don't usually have them on display so go and ask them to show you

from the catalogues like Siemens, Electrolux, Teka, Tecnogas etc.

Thanks for your replies,

I thought they were more common? But apparently not, and when you say that detergents etc are hard to come by, I might just cancel the whole idea of installing one. Would make any sense in installing one if I can't find any detergent to use for the machine. Maybe stick to the wifey doing it after all :rolleyes:

Thanks

Edh

Thanks BB1950,

Where do they sell Teka appliances? Location? I am getting the kitchen fitted and have not been around buying all the appliances myself :whistling:

Any shop selling Teka appliances.

Just about everywhere that fits kitchens and the large DIY centers: HomeWorks, HomePro, Boontavan, HomeMart, Kanyong. At one time Siemens manufactured small personal dishwashers that you could get in NumChai. I don't know if they still make them.

Most likely they won't be stocked items, you'll probably have to order from a catalog. There might be a show display with one. Usually they are shipped from Bangkok.

The only places you won't find them are Big C and Tesco/Lotus because they aren't inexpensive. They run more than 40,000 baht. Supplies for dishwashers (detergents and rinse agents) are hard to find and very expensive.

In my 4 years plus in Pattaya, I have never found it hard to locate dishwasher detergent or the rinse-aid. Always available at Best, Villa and Foodland. Probably at True Value too.

Also, buying a dishwasher was very easy and convenoient at Boonthavorn.

It really is not that difficult!!!! Or have I been uncommonly fortunate in Pattaya???????

We got ours from Hafele. Great service as we've had to use them a few times on minor issues with their appliances. Other than the refrig, the rest of our appliances are Hafele. Their store is above True Value on Suk across from Tesco. Ask for discounts. ;)

When we first got here, we found supplies hard to come by. But now, we see them in quite a few stores at a more reasonable price.

Dont you need a good volume of super hot water for dishwashers? Most places dont have hot water in the kitchen

No, all dishwashers have a built in water heating element and only need a cold water supply to work.

well Im out to buy one. what a wasted 5 years hand washing :(

Dont you need a good volume of super hot water for dishwashers? Most places dont have hot water in the kitchen

No, all dishwashers have a built in water heating element and only need a cold water supply to work.

Depends on the volume of dishes you have to wash.

If it's only you a couple of times a day then you'll save on water and electric hand washing them.

But if it's a full 12 piece dinner setting every night, go for it!

I can recommend these dishdrawer models http://www.fisherpaykel.com/product/dishwashing/dishwasher/

Edited by PattayaParent

Depends on the volume of dishes you have to wash.

If it's only you a couple of times a day then you'll save on water and electric hand washing them.

But if it's a full 12 piece dinner setting every night, go for it!

I can recommend these dishdrawer models http://www.fisherpay...ing/dishwasher/

I bought a 45cm (width) dishwasher instead of the full size 60cm

This way you fill them up quicker, i also noticed that i actually

use less water than previously with daily handwashing as i only need to run the dishwasher

every 2 or 3 days.

Well, maybe I'll change my mind and have a look after all. You guys seem to not have any issues with detergents etc.

Any recommendations for a machine? What do they cost? Are they in the same price range as an western washing machine?

I don't want to dig a too deep hole into my wallet whistling.gif

The provided link of dishwashers by Fisher&Paykel look to be out of my price range but surely nice to look at thumbsup.gif

Thanks all for your kind answers jap.gif

Edh

Had a dishwasher (small one) in my batchelor pad in Europe before and I can only say that it a great thing to have. Dishes are getting properly cleaned and the pure joy of just stacking your dishes into the machine, press start and head back to the sofa to relax biggrin.png

This is an interesting article on dishwashers:

http://shine.yahoo.c...-180900427.html

Seems to be a good thing health wise to use an automatic dishwasher.

I have rented numerous apartments in Thailand and despair when I find that there is only cold water in the sink.

When I point this out to the owner/rental rep you get the normal stupid reply "Thailand hot country , not need hot water."

Utter madness, there is no consideration for hygiene.

I hope you find the Dishwasher you are looking for. I have only ever seen one in Home Pro and it was around 50,000 baht a few years ago.

If I could find a small counter top one I would buy it and put it in my rented apartment.

Edited by lonewolf99

The best way to buy here in Pattaya is to look in the manufacturers catalogues and pick out what

you like, then go to all the retailers and ask them to give you a price and delivery date.

They all usually give a reduced price from the quoted figures in the catalogues, try Homeworks, Homepro,

Kanyong, Numchai and any other smaller electrical retailer to get the best price.

I have rented numerous apartments in Thailand and despair when I find that there is only cold water in the sink.

When I point this out to the owner/rental rep you get the normal stupid reply "Thailand hot country , not need hot water."

Utter madness, there is no consideration for hygiene.

I hope you find the Dishwasher you are looking for. I have only ever seen one in Home Pro and it was around 50,000 baht a few years ago.

If I could find a small counter top one I would buy it and put it in my rented apartment.

I think I saw a countertop one in HomeWorks next to Big C Sukhumvit a few weeks ago, it was a Siemens.

The best way to buy here in Pattaya is to look in the manufacturers catalogues and pick out what

you like, then go to all the retailers and ask them to give you a price and delivery date.

They all usually give a reduced price from the quoted figures in the catalogues, try Homeworks, Homepro,

Kanyong, Numchai and any other smaller electrical retailer to get the best price.

catalogues,giggle.gif go out and get a real one, if underperforms replace it, need to be serviced regular to keep em in good shape.