What Are You Expecting To Pay...

westybrook

Well ladies and gents, I am a happy bunny cause Iv just got myself a one-way flight for 241 pounds for feb.

Its flying from LGW to BKK stopping at Abu Dubai (UAE) and its an early flight, so I should get into BKK early morning the next day. What do you think, not bad price?

Others were 280, 300, 340, 400+

What are you expecting to pay this year for your flight? (One way or Return)

Yes Etihad is who I will be going with. You say new? How long have they been running, and where abouts are they based?

I must admitt when I bought the ticket online, I was impressed with there fantastic selection of meals that you can request (Special meals) It seems as if they are catering for all.

Etihad is a relatively new airline that has been doing very well. The Perisan Gulf is the fastest-growing aviation zone in the world. Where Gulf Air used to be the authoratitive airline of the area, they received competition from Emirates in the late eighties. Emirates has over many years competed with Singapore Airlines as the world's best airline.

Qatar Airways, after a quiet first few years, has embarked on a major expansion programme and is now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world.

Etihad has been formed as the airline of Abu Dhabi, as a competitor to Emirates, which is based in Dubai. Obviosuly, Etihad will do all it can to outweigh Emrates in terms of service.

And poor Gulf Air in the meantime has dropped more or less to the background and is trying to survive...

I am flying Emirates for the first time around New Year via Dubai to Istanbul and am really looking forward to it. Maybe next time I can get tickets on one of the other gulf carriers.

500-600quid r/t!

From Tokyo, 700US$. With ANA, JAL or SQ. Thai may come in the play if nothing else is available at that price.

Some cheaper but:

Not considering Biman Bangalesh Airlines, United Airlines, Air India, NorthWest, Air Lanka, China Eastern, no matter how much cheaper they could be.

You could do beter by buying a one year open ticket in Bangkok and travel to LOS on the return portion (can do if you have a visa)

Agree with you only considering SQ, ANA, TG and JAL

Edited by Krub