Australian Bridging Visa B 1006 To Seek Permission To Travel

My Thai Wife came to Australia on a prospective marriage visa, we got married and then lodged the application for Temporary Patner Visa.

Until this is granted we are given a Bridging Visa B. for 6 months or so

She would like to go to Thailand visit her family for about two weeks But we need to apply for a visa 1006 so she can get back again.

I am wondering if these are likley to be refused or restricted.

I have rang and asked them but I got very little information

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

My Thai Wife came to Australia on a prospective marriage visa, we got married and then lodged the application for Temporary Patner Visa.

Until this is granted we are given a Bridging Visa B. for 6 months or so

She would like to go to Thailand visit her family for about two weeks But we need to apply for a visa 1006 so she can get back again.

I am wondering if these are likley to be refused or restricted.

I have rang and asked them but I got very little information

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

Hi Dave

Your message is a little confusing. You state she is on a Bridging visa B.

I assume she is on a S/C 820 visa? If so, will need a BVB. It's a pretty

straight forward application costing about $105.

She will have to demonstrate substantial reasons for the visit. So going

home for Xmas or a holiday probably won't cut it.

Like I said, it's an easy application and cheap enough so why not put

in an application?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Will

Thanks Will,

I suppose it comes down to the indinduals interpretaion of "substantial". What is for some may not be for others .For me visiting your parents that could not come to your wedding is fairly substaial. She also has avery sick Aunt to visit, and help with the purchase of a house.

Could it be a combination of these?

I didn't want to cop a rejection as secondary application will just look like I came up with a better reason.

BTW do you think embassy staff all read this Forum? I would.

Thanks

David

I'm in Adelaide and just went to the. imm. office to put the application in. They rang the case manager , who approved it over the phone. I told them that my wife's sister had a stroke. I got the impression that you can't be oversea when they approve the visa.

Thanks Will,

I suppose it comes down to the indinduals interpretaion of "substantial". What is for some may not be for others .For me visiting your parents that could not come to your wedding is fairly substaial. She also has avery sick Aunt to visit, and help with the purchase of a house.

I didn't want to cop a rejection as secondary application will just look like I came up with a better reason.

Thanks

David

Thanks Will,

Thanks

David

David

You're right, it is up to the case officers interpretation but IMO, a visit

to the parents because they couldn't come to your wedding wouldn't cut it.

If I was you, I'd put as much in as you can where it asks for substantial

reasons. To be honest, there's not a lot there.

As I said though, it's only $105.00 so you can only try.

I seriously doubt that staff would read this forum unless it's just for their

own personal reasons. There's no reason to work wise.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I'm in Adelaide and just went to the. imm. office to put the application in. They rang the case manager , who approved it over the phone. I told them that my wife's sister had a stroke. I got the impression that you can't be oversea when they approve the visa.

Yes, you have to be onshore as the application is to travel out of Australia and back again.

Regards

Will

Yer, not very good with my words. What I meant was that you have to be onshore for the next visa, with me being the partner visa 820 not the bridging visa

Yes, you have to be onshore as the application is to travel out of Australia and back again.

Regards

Will

Thanks Dirk,

It does seem prety straight forward, just need to put in a bit of effort for the reason to go , not just because she wants to. Which i think should be reason enough, But what i think doesnt matter. A Substanial reason they want and substantial it shall be.

Hi David

I work in a senior role in the Aust Govt (not in DIAC anymore though) and my opinion is that nobody at my level or my former staff would take any action against a person based on questions on this or a similar forum (unless there was a perception of fraud or conspiracy to commit) - each request has to be assessed on it's merit rather than an officer's personal internet forum research. After saying that, it is always best to retain a level on anonymity on these forums and to use pseudonyms as much as possible.

I suggest, as others have, to put up a strong case based on facts (as you know them) and test the waters.

Doug