Big C Now Open In Chanthaburi

Tompa

• 2 months later...

Puleez Big C ! Come to Ban Phe, too!

All we've got is an outstandingly inefficient version of Tesco-Lotus, and many of us have been whining about the necessity of a good quality supermarket.

Big C - expand this way!!

• 1 month later...

I dont know where the only street parking comment came from but they have a fairly large carpark most of it underneath. It is accessible via a u-turn if you are coming from the Great Eastern Hotel direction. I didn't see any more chaos on the roads than normal.

• 3 months later...

Havn't had a problem with parking, as with Big C everywhere I avoid it on weekends and get there in morning early. The food sucks in food hall and KFC imho, havn't tried the suschi restaurant, but is on cards for next time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Supermarket news!

0803004_zpse4df8c40.jpg

Thought this was a large warehouse construction until the white/green scheme appeared a few weeks ago.

Tesco-Lotus opening in Tha Mai - access from either of the main roads that run TM to Sukhumvit, this pic on the Thetsaban 2 road about 200m from the clock tower, other entrance on #3152.

Unsure on open date - saw sign for staff recruitment/interviews beginning Thurs 14th.

one more for the Shopping Channel

haven't been there, but there is now a Home Pro store in Chanthaburi (opened January? this year) - near Makro (another one I haven't been to) off the main road to Trat

Address : 21/18 Moo 11 , Tambon Phlapphla, Amphoe Muang Chanthaburi , CHANTHABURI 22000
homeprochan_zps9f377b6c.jpg

The Tesco is good news.

The Tesco people have been doing surveys recently at the "University corner" with the colorful buildings and the new massive undercover market for a Tesco Express. There is also a 711 going in there in front of the market in about 4 months time.

That corner is planned to be the new business district, so to speak for Chao Loa, clearly because of the Uni and the new Government head offices built 1km up the road towards CL on the hill. (Access is via a little soi on the left before the temple on the corner). Some one has pumped serous coin in to that corner.

The Thais are still building rooms for rent which is really strange.

^ that 7/11 in Chao Lao by the roundabout sprung up quickly, I guessed (wrongly) that the store rebuilt at the gas station further down in CL was to be either a 7/11 or T-L, but no.

The CL landscape has changed so much in the last 3 years with resorts being replaced by multi-story hotels

That university corner sure is becoming a development with the big market; pleased when the finally fixed the road there was very dangerous on cycle/motorbike

2 1/2 years ago we considered renting one of the shop-houses in that bright colour corner block, at the time they wanted 7000b a month; i see most of them are occupied but the big Jet Internet place closed down after about a year, maybe a thing of the past now all the students have tablet computers and wi-fi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Tesco is open now, will upload a pic with a map directions soon.

Also, with the mention of the new Home Pro above, the biggest new kid on the block, well a year or so now is Thai Wattsadoo, is a huge home store on the northern side of Chant.

• Like 1