Red/White Plates

kenny999

What is the deal with these plates, had my Nissan March 2 months now, called dealer today he says you will get white plate maybe March, why does this take so long? am I right in saying by law you should get white plates within one month!!

so many existing threads on this kenny, but yes 30 days/3.000km is the legal limit

Nissan Phuket is one of the worst bullshitters around, they lie to you cause they have 6 months interest free credit on car, but must pay supplier when they want documents from Nissan to register.

I would cool it 10 more days as that gets you 2012 in reg book, and then insist on registration by waiting a full day in showroom. Car is still not yours until you have white plates

The white background on the new plates are no longer paint. They are some sort of coating that crumbles in very hot sun. Look a right mess. Dont know if they replace em free or not..coffee1.gif

hasnt been paint for a decade, its a reflecting vinyl, and none have crumbled on my bikes or cars, bikes outside 24/7 for years

The white background on the new plates are no longer paint. They are some sort of coating that crumbles in very hot sun. Look a right mess. Dont know if they replace em free or not..coffee1.gif

hasnt been paint for a decade, its a reflecting vinyl, and none have crumbled on my bikes or cars, bikes outside 24/7 for years

Some Plastics are More Equal than Others then. The Accord has one crumbly plate,in only18 Months and since ive spotted several others on newish rides in Car Parks. But you only keep things 10 Mins anyway.cheesy.gif

so many existing threads on this kenny, but yes 30 days/3.000km is the legal limit

Nissan Phuket is one of the worst bullshitters around, they lie to you cause they have 6 months interest free credit on car, but must pay supplier when they want documents from Nissan to register.

I would cool it 10 more days as that gets you 2012 in reg book, and then insist on registration by waiting a full day in showroom. Car is still not yours until you have white plates

Cheers for that information, I can't be bothered to go and wait in Nissan all day, it's no problem waiting unless of course I get stopped and fined then I will be going to Nissan and asking for the plates and a refund of any fine!!

Cheers for that information, I can't be bothered to go and wait in Nissan all day, it's no problem waiting unless of course I get stopped and fined then I will be going to Nissan and asking for the plates and a refund of any fine!!

Same family owns the kawasaki dealer, and as they have very short credit from kawasaki, all bikes are plated within 3 weeks