Red Shirts Threaten To Rally For Arisman's Bail

webfact

Reds threaten to rally for Arisman's bail

The Nation

The red shirts in the North and Northeast will on Wednesday's evening travel from their red villages to visit remanded leader Arisman Pongruangrong and demand his release tomorrow.

"Some 5,000 reds in the North and other 5,000 in the Northeast are planning to rally for Arisman," organiser Anont Saennan said.

Anont is the Udon Thani red leader spearheading the set-up of 8,702 red villages in the North and Northeast.

He said residents of red villages wanted to free all red shirts being held under remand.

In the Arisman case, he said bail should be granted because Arisman did not flee to elude his criminal charges but to save his life.

After the resumption of normalcy, Arisman and other red shirts reported themselves to the law enforcement authorities, he said.

Arisman is being detained at Bangkok Remand Prison since December 7. His second bail application was rejected on Monday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-21

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not missing a thing. My maid describes this guy Anont as a loose cannon and capable of doing anything.

As for 10,000 of the red mob converging on Bangkok, ever wonder who is funding this i.e. bus tickets, hiring vans and trucks for transportation, food, ect. Most of these farmers that go are dirt poor and don't have the funds. At 1,000 Baht per person and that is a low estimate this means 1,000,000 Baht for this little trip.

Edited by webfact
Video link in quote fixed /Admin

It is my choice, but if it was with the approach of 5,000 I would differently not allow bail, and would probably arrest those that demand his release.

Where is the logic, do these people just think that because a few people show up that is reason to release a criminal.

1. He should not be released, not because of that fact he is a flight risk; but because he broke his previous bail. How does logic work when you are on bail for an offense and told not to break your bail, then you incite riots, storm a hotel, Parliament, a hospitable, etc.

I am really all for their thinking on Rule of Law....NOT

Where are the usual defenders of this mob. No one in sight.

from a different thread:

snapback.pngBabcock, on Today, 11:42 , said:

The redshirts campaigned under the slogan " no double standards."

The people want Law and Order and they want it equally applied.

Where are the clowns.......................

will this be CFR sponsored, like Egypt, Libya etc.?

Saw a group of people (about 30), some of them on police bikes, but most where not from the area, yesterday evening in BLUE shirts. Kind of blue tones with whatever brand.

Disguise? - or playing the color game when something goes wrong?

Thaksin himself, since being ousted from power in a very real move to protect Thailand from foreign-funded sedition, has since been represented by US corporate-financier elites via their lobbying firms including, Kenneth Adelman of the Edelman PR firm (Freedom House,International Crisis Group, PNAC), James Baker of Baker Botts (CFR), Robert Blackwill ofBarbour Griffith & Rogers (CFR), Kobre & Kim, and currently Robert Amsterdam ofAmsterdam & Peroff (Chatham House). http://landdestroyer.../label/Thailand
Edited by elcent

You're not missing a thing. My maid describes this guy Anont as a loose cannon and capable of doing anything.

As for 10,000 of the red mob converging on Bangkok, ever wonder who is funding this i.e. bus tickets, hiring vans and trucks for transportation, food, ect. Most of these farmers that go are dirt poor and don't have the funds. At 1,000 Baht per person and that is a low estimate this means 1,000,000 Baht for this little trip.

No Bus and food can be arranged very cheap. I guess the total incl. the 300 Baht fee might be 500 Baht+the fee for the "Manager".

Lets see how many will turn up actually,I have already seen the million man march,the million liter blood spoil.

Setting up red shirt villages, organising paid protests, attempting to circumvent the process of law while saying they want equal justice,(question is, equal for who?). They talk recincilliation while at the same time driving a demarcation wedge through the country using the 'us and them' thinking re. the red shirt villages. What will happen in this country? Will we see a progression from protests to more deadly civil unrest? I have not been here long enough to develop any colour affiliation, I enjoy being here with my wife and I love the people, I fear what lies ahead if these paid anarchists are not stopped.

REDS MOVEMENT

Red shirts to demand Arisman's release

The Nation

30172348-01_big.jpg

Red shirts in the North and Northeast will on Wednesday evening travel from their red villages to visit leader Arisman Pongruangrong in jail and demand his release from Bangkok Remand Prison tomorrow.

"Some 5,000 reds in the North and other 5,000 in the Northeast are planning to rally for Arisman," organiser Anont Saennan said.

Anont is the Udon Thani red leader who spearheaded the setting up of 8,702 red villages in the North and Northeast.

He said residents of red villages want to free all red shirts being held under remand.

In the Arisman case, he said bail should be granted because Arisman did not flee to elude his criminal charges but because he feared for his life.

After the resumption of normalcy, Arisman and other red shirts reported to the law enforcement authorities, he said.

Arisman has been detained at Bangkok Remand Prison since December 7 pending trial on charges related to terrorism in connection with last year’s political turmoil. He fled to Cambodia once the red-shirt rally at Ratchaprasong intersection was brought to an end on May 19 last year.

His second bail application was rejected on Monday on grounds that he might flee again.

His escape and the serious nature of the charges were two critical factors behind the rejection of his first request for bail, the court said.

In his second plea for bail, Arisman told the court that he had to flee abroad and wait until this month to surrender because people had warned him of attempts on his life.

Arisman vowed in court that he would not attempt to escape or lead any rallies again.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-21

In the Arisman case, he said bail should be granted because Arisman did not flee to elude his criminal charges but to save his life.

If one overlooks for a moment the fact that if someone was truly out to get him, being locked away would surely be safer than roaming around without a home, i thought from the way he called for his underlings to put themselves on the line for the cause, he would be happy to stand up and be counted, whatever the risk. Isn't that what leaders do? What example does he set by running away like a coward?

Edited by rixalex

If one overlooks for a moment the fact that if someone was truly out to get him, being locked away would surely be safer than roaming around without a home, i thought from the way he called for his underlings to put themselves on the line for the cause, he would be happy to stand up and be counted, whatever the risk. Isn't that what leaders do? What example does he set by running away like a coward?

I disagree. I think he dies in prison at the hands of someone sponsored by his own bretheren. To them, he's a liability only, at this point.