Red Shirts Threaten To Rally For Arisman's Bail

webfact

The option was to vote for the 2007 constitution or have the returning of the mandate to The People indefinitely postponed. I, personally, know several people who are still angry about this, but voted for the 2007 constitution just in the hope of getting the mandate back.

A more likely and believable reaction from angry people would have been to vote no, and some people, let's not forget, did vote no, quite a lot of them in fact - why weren't they scared?

Had the vote gone the way of the no's, as Thaksin was urging for, the generals would been publicly snubbed and Thaksin, i think, would have been emboldened enough to take the fight to them, so to speak - much as he later did in 2009 and 2010.

If people feared anything from voting no, which i don't really think - not sufficiently to sway them anyway - it was a fear of what anarchy might result from Thaksin's reaction.

They didn't fear anything. They just wanted the mandate back, and were being pragmatic about it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't fear anything. They just wanted the mandate back, and were being pragmatic about it.

Sounds to me like a fear of not having the mandate back.

Anyway, i find these discussions of unknown people (unknown to everyone else on the forum anyway) brought into the discussion by way of giving substance to your own belief, pretty pointless. Too easy to simply create examples to suit your own agenda.

Anyway, i find these discussions of unknown people (unknown to everyone else on the forum anyway) brought into the discussion by way of giving substance to your own belief, pretty pointless. Too easy to simply create examples to suit your own agenda.

Of course I'm only being anecdotal in reporting what Thai friends have told me about their actions and opinions. I expect that there are many who fully support the 2007 constitution. But I'm just reporting one particular POV. And I don't have any agenda. I'm here to discuss, learn and have a bit of fun. And on that last note, Merry Christmas to you and everyone else on the forum.

Of course I'm only being anecdotal in reporting what Thai friends have told me about their actions and opinions. I expect that there are many who fully support the 2007 constitution. But I'm just reporting one particular POV. And I don't have any agenda. I'm here to discuss, learn and have a bit of fun. And on that last note, Merry Christmas to you and everyone else on the forum.

Fair enough.

Could take issue with you on the "no agenda" thing, as i think in some form or other, we all have one of those - kind of hard not to when you have strong opinions - which again, i think all of us do here - if we didn't, why spend so much time bickering?

But anyway, may i join in the festive spirit by wishing you and all here a Merry Christmas.

Stay safe people.

Lawyer for Arisman withdraws bail bid

A lawyer for militant red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong yesterday withdrew a request for his temporary release in a case connected to unrest and riots in Bangkok last year.

Suchaiwut Chaosuankluai, who acts as Arisman's lawyer, submitted his third application for bail last Friday, offering a surety of Bt4 million. However, the lawyer yesterday withdrew the request in writing, saying the application put in last Friday was incomplete.

The lawyer explained in the written withdrawal the defendant needed to wait for more witnesses and to gather more evidence before a court hearing would be called on bail application.

The Criminal Court yesterday gave permission to the defendant to withdraw his request for bail.

Arisman was brought from Bangkok Remand Prison yesterday to the court for a bail hearing that was cancelled after his lawyer withdrew the notice. He was later taken back to the remand jail.

Arisman's two previous applications for temporary release were turned down by the Criminal Court, which said the defendant could not convince the court he would not escape again.

The militant red-shirt fled the country after managing to escape an arrest for alleged terrorist acts in connection with the three months of street protests by the red shirts from March to May last year.

In a separate development, the ruling Pheu Thai Party's secretary-general, Jarupong Ruangsuwan, said he had met Constitution Court president Vasant Soipisut earlier yesterday for a talk aimed at settling a defamation case between Vasant and party spokesman Prompong Nopparit and MP Kiat-udom Menasawat.

Jarupong said he was asked by Prompong and Kiat-udom to try to persuade Vasant - a former colleague in the judiciary - to drop his suit against the pair. A court judgement on the case is expected next Thursday, he said.

The Constitution Court president filed the lawsuit after Prompong and Kiat-udom accused him of meeting a Democrat Party lawyer at Vasant's office while the trial for dissolution of the Democrats was underway.

Jarupong said yesterday he had done his job of asking Vasant to drop the case but it would be up to the judge if he would do that. "I respect the judgement of all parties," he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-27

"Jarupong said yesterday he had done his job of asking Vasant to drop the case......" which is expecting judgement next Thursday.

I wonder how many million he offered? Sounds like the defendants are suffering a bad case of loose bowels; perhaps they might get to know Arisman much better.

"Jarupong said yesterday he had done his job of asking Vasant to drop the case......" which is expecting judgement next Thursday.

I wonder how many million he offered? Sounds like the defendants are suffering a bad case of loose bowels; perhaps they might get to know Arisman much better.

Why don't you ask him? how many million do you think he offered? Have you spoken to any of the defendants in this case? Why do posters like you keep posting speculative bullsh1t like this as though you are party to some insider info which you clearly aren't?

Why don't you ask him? how many million do you think he offered? Have you spoken to any of the defendants in this case? Why do posters like you keep posting speculative bullsh1t like this as though you are party to some insider info which you clearly aren't?

Simon, speculation is a sign of an active mind - something I'm sure the defendants have at the moment as judgement nears. It in no way indicates insider knowledge on my part, though the judge may have dropped a hint that he was dropping the defendants in the deep end of the shitheap. Did they offer an proof of their libelous statements?

Of course they may be expecting to be exonerated, but sending your mate to beg on your behalf is counter-indicative of that. Prompong may well be facing jail time, and as Kiat is exempt(?? for the moment??) as an MP, the financial award may be increased to reflect that - I expect millions.

As libel actions are a trait of Thaksin and PTP/TRT/PPP/etc I am enjoying a little schadenfreude, while awaiting my suit from Yingluck which our senile friend expects.

Simon, speculation is a sign of an active mind - something I'm sure the defendants have at the moment as judgement nears. It in no way indicates insider knowledge on my part, though the judge may have dropped a hint that he was dropping the defendants in the deep end of the shitheap. Did they offer an proof of their libelous statements?

Of course they may be expecting to be exonerated, but sending your mate to beg on your behalf is counter-indicative of that. Prompong may well be facing jail time, and as Kiat is exempt(?? for the moment??) as an MP, the financial award may be increased to reflect that - I expect millions.

As libel actions are a trait of Thaksin and PTP/TRT/PPP/etc I am enjoying a little schadenfreude, while awaiting my suit from Yingluck which our senile friend expects.

No you're not, Mick, you're just adding more wild speculation.

Will the Red Shirts now stop threatening to rally?

I thought they were bringing 10,000 down last week to rally. Didn't they turn up?

Red Shirt donations insufficient? Did the faucet of money from Dubai get turned off again?

Chainarin Kularb-um, who hosts the online red-shirt television website, democracy4.blogspot.com, said he had no problems. "This is part of the national reconciliation process. The red shirts have no [negative] reaction, it's not a big deal and I'm not surprised by it.

Interesting website.

:cheesy:

quote ='democracy4.blogspot.com'

Request for assistance

Please donate to the Red Shirt movement as the flow of money from Dubai has stopped temporarily.