What New Car Would You Buy For 500K Or 600K?

ChiangMai101

Looks like you got it all backwards...giggle.gif

Maybe a hint is that posters name...... he maybe thinking of pickup v car in Aussie-land.....

Here have both a car and a pickup, the pickup is by far the cheaper to run, service and maintain.

Guzz , actually i find it rather sad. Over the years all the friend ive made here have been Had Over in the End. EVERY ONE HAS LOST their TRUCK.

Yes that sounds sad.

Most of my expat friends here are in very good relations ships, but okay know some that absolutely had to had the 30-40 years younger wife and they got shafted big time in the end.

Sorry off topic now back to which car to buy for 500-600K bath.

OP is a lady, not sure she wants to drive a pick-up truck? But the modern ones with auto and all are easy/nice to drive I been told. I once tried a Toyota Tiger with manual gear box, what a tractor to drive.

But with the City you get 120 BHP, 18 more than a Mazda 2. Diddy Mags aint worth NUFIN.. just look at a Toyo /G.M.Truck . !!!. Sound Systems should be banned, like Tints and Mobile Phones , Mother in Laws, Kids , and everything else that Clucks up a Serious Pleasure Drive.. coffee1.gif

120hp and 5 speed auto is Citys major advantage on paper. In reality I dont find much difference in performance

Guzz , actually i find it rather sad. Over the years all the friend ive made here have been Had Over in the End. EVERY ONE HAS LOST their TRUCK.

Yes that sounds sad.

Most of my expat friends here are in very good relations ships, but okay know some that absolutely had to had the 30-40 years younger wife and they got shafted big time in the end.

Sorry off topic now back to which car to buy for 500-600K bath.

OP is a lady, not sure she wants to drive a pick-up truck? But the modern ones with auto and all are easy/nice to drive I been told. I once tried a Toyota Tiger with manual gear box, what a tractor to drive.

I am a huge fan of the high end pickups, but the low ends are noisy, stick shift, low spec, lousy handling, while you get a nippy, funny, well equipped car for the same money. More tax on purchase and less money to maker, sure, but still great value for money

Reason for a low end 600k baht pickup would be hauling stuff, transporting the extended family or helping friends move, the 2 last ones to be avoided

But with the City you get 120 BHP, 18 more than a Mazda 2. Diddy Mags aint worth NUFIN.. just look at a Toyo /G.M.Truck . !!!. Sound Systems should be banned, like Tints and Mobile Phones , Mother in Laws, Kids , and everything else that Clucks up a Serious Pleasure Drive.. coffee1.gif

120hp and 5 speed auto is Citys major advantage on paper. In reality I dont find much difference in performance

I've mentioned before I have both a Mazda2 hatch and a City, both less than two years old. The City is quite a bit better on gas mileage, but the Mazda is more fun to drive. Its acceleration is more old school and more responsive. The city is overall a better, more substantial car, for sure, the the Mazda is the right choice if you have only 580 to spend. The City has slightly more face for Thais, but honestly, at b segment cars, there isn't much consideration of face. smile.png

KBB, your talking a load of Christmas Balls. Iv just gone to Mom n Pops in a nice gold day old Mitsu 2 Door Pickup. If you can find anything wrong with it yer Nit Picking, and im a fussey old sod. Its not 10Foot of the Ground, the Wheels dont look as if they came off a Mini Car, it took the bends and pot holes better than a Spivo , no rock n roll at all ,and the G Box is fine. Whats Christmas without a Family Row. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Although here in Aus.

Of course id recommend buying a japanese B segment sedan or a ford focus c segment as fuel economy will be better also have servicing centers and retain a decent resale but worth a mention to illustrate how even in LOS there are great preowned deals other than korean and difficult to service european makes, An aussie mate is going to buy a CHEVY LUMINA (Holden commodore vz) next year when he moves to thailand, RWD smooth v6 makes this attractive option over japanese fwd cars, i test drove it back in 2006 and liked it a lot minus hard plastic dash which reminded me of a mitsubishi ultima but for the asking price of 2million baht it wasnt even a consideration though at current 500k prices my friend is absolutely sold as he also does not like fwd cars.

An important factor to me is resale value

resale obviously not good on the lumina since the 189-1.99m car has now depreciated into your price range after 6 yrs, also will be difficult to sell fast in thailand but most of the value has already been shed making it an absolute steal for anyone wanting a larger RWD car which doesnt look like everything else on the road yet can still be readily serviced at chevy unlike the audis, vws and other bargain cars lacking support.

KBB, your talking a load of Christmas Balls. Iv just gone to Mom n Pops in a nice gold day old Mitsu 2 Door Pickup. If you can find anything wrong with it yer Nit Picking, and im a fussey old sod. Its not 10Foot of the Ground, the Wheels dont look as if they came off a Mini Car, it took the bends and pot holes better than a Spivo , no rock n roll at all ,and the G Box is fine. Whats Christmas without a Family Row. post-4641-1156693976.gif

for a start its legal and insured for one passenger only, and has seatbelt for one passenger only, and is not allowed on expressways with more than one passenger. despite its gold color

said it before 1,5 million baht spivos is a joke, installing shorter stiffer springs doesnt work, it needs longer softer springs to improve traction. look at Range Rover.

• 6 months later...

Just jumping in on this old thread smile.png seeing the price the OP has posted.

What's the price of the Nissan Almera (1.2 E manual transmission ) also I would say it would be no comparison to the Vios.

Out of interest was at a Honda dealers yesterday and many Brio's in stock all autos, very impressed by the leather seating and inside layout, personally I can't get on with the look of the rear of the vehicle though.

They let me have a test drive, must say for a cute little car it was nice to drive.

508,000 baht and if bought now a first time buyer can get the gov rebate deal.

Edited by Kwasaki

Just jumping in :) seeing the price the OP has posted.

At a honda dealers yesterday and many Brio's in stock, very impress by the leather seat and inside layout, personally I can't get on with the look of the rear of the vehicle though.

They let me have a test drive, must say for a cute little car it was nice to drive.

Brios have leather seats????

Personally I like the outside its the pukey brown and tan inside that I hate :(

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

Just jumping in smile.png seeing the price the OP has posted.

At a Honda dealers yesterday and many Brio's in stock, very impress by the leather seat and inside layout, personally I can't get on with the look of the rear of the vehicle though.

Brios have leather seats????

Personally I like the outside its the pukey brown and tan inside that I hate sad.png

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Leather seat for sure but not the one I drove, top of range have them or you can pay extra for them, go and have a butchers at this years model. :)

Just jumping in on this old thread smile.png seeing the price the OP has posted.

What's the price of the Nissan Almera (1.2 E manual transmission ) also I would say it would be no comparison to the Vios.

Out of interest was at a Honda dealers yesterday and many Brio's in stock all autos, very impressed by the leather seating and inside layout, personally I can't get on with the look of the rear of the vehicle though.

The Almera is available from 420K onwards!!! thats dam_n cheap for a sedan that has so much of space, since i am not looking for power sounds like a good deal

Interesting topic...

I am about to buy my first car in Thailand and like the idea of saving some money on a second hand (used) car.

But many of my friends here (Thais mostly) tell me that it is to dangerous, because you can get a lot of problems

if the car is stolen (Thai law: If you buy a stolen car YOU have a problem)...

They also tell me that I can not check if a used car is stolen....blink.png

Any comment on this ?

wai.gif