Orchids

That's tough one to answer, cos it depends on what the various nurseries have brought in recently, and I've not looked lately... but orchids and me don't get along, so I do pay much attention!

Although the nursery just beyond the 7-11 as you go into Nanthon... (where the road turns to the Ferries, coming from Maenam but still on the ring road, 50 metres or so) had an interesting collection, some time ago...

Not sure what's around now, other than the "cheap ones" that always seem to be available.... but there are some nice scented ones if you are lucky enough to find...

There's another nursery some where between Bophut traffic lights and Maenam, that has black shade clothe around it (can't place it close to something, but on the left side coming from Bophut) ... that has a lot sometimes, but never stopped to look....

A case of driving around, stopping and looking....

Perhaps other readers have seen?

yea i think you'll need to take a drive and look as you can't really count on anybody having everything year round. the nursery jimmy mentioned between bophut and maenam would be a great start, very large selection of lots of things, it's on the left hand side near soi 5 mae nam (mae nam side of traffic lights) and if nothing there, keep heading towards bang por and there is another good but smaller nursery on the mountain side in ban tai.

yea i think you'll need to take a drive and look as you can't really count on anybody having everything year round. the nursery jimmy mentioned between bophut and maenam would be a great start, very large selection of lots of things, it's on the left hand side near soi 5 mae nam (mae nam side of traffic lights) and if nothing there, keep heading towards bang por and there is another good but smaller nursery on the mountain side in ban tai.

That's not the one I meant! rolleyes.gif

There is one between Bophut and Maenam, somewhere (amongst several others....) .... usually has black shade clothe across the front... can't really tell if it's open or closed! But try the Maenam or Ban Por one too... (same owners)... you never know!

I think Joe is talking about the one just after the Maenam traffic lights, and the last time I was there they had some really nice orchids in pots made to look like a floral display - not cheap tho'.

And Jimmys place (just before soi 1 I think - the one to the go-karting?) had fairly standard ones last time. But good prices - so long as you deal with Mom. Son can be a bit aggressive on pricing! rolleyes.gif

The flower shops are also a good try - if it is a present type thing you are after rather than something for the garden.

I tried to spot the nursery that only has orchids on my way to Big C, did not see coming or going, so maybe it's gone now???unsure.png or between Big C and Tesco ? !

It's not the one near Soi 1, but that worth a boo...

Yes, the nursery Joe just mentioned in Nanthon is the same one I first mentioned, some more exotic ones than some of the other nurseries.... not just the run of the mill stuff! laugh.png