Where Can I Get Polystyrene Sheets?

Greenside

Hi Greenside, I'm a little thrown off by your reference to insulation, but what I think you mean are the 'expanded polystyrene' sheets that are sold in 1.2 m X 60 cm size sheets, about 1.2 cm thick?

If so, we buy them for packing material. We get them at a box shop on Charoen Muang Road. It's on the left side heading in the direction out of town towards Bosang, not too far before or after the soi that goes to the Oriental Dara Devi Hotel (which would be on the right). Right near there. I think it's in the last group of buildings before the highway. I don't know their hours.

Failing that, we have bought them at a stationary shop in the same area. It's on the road that runs along the rail station. So turning right from Charoen Muang it's on the right side a ways down (the railroad tracks being on your left). There are usually some of the sheets out front.

The g/f just told me that she gets them at C.M. Plastics too, but they don't always have them.

I was hoping to find a larger size - it's to do some sound insulation and bigger would be better. 1.2cm is a bit fragile too.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out.

Not too long ago someone posted in this forum the name and contact info for a company that sells insulation materials specifically for sound. I think they were in C.M. but it may have been BKK. Maybe do a search for sound or noise or something. Good luck.

if you go past foto bug at chiang puak heading towards doi sacket

200 yards past this entrance to tanin market theres a stationary shop on the corner of a tiny soi

on the left that sells it and its the cheapest place ive found

dave2

ps ... its 200 or 300 yards before the footbridge that goes accros the road by rajabhat uni

and theres always sheets of it outside

post-42592-0-09078000-1324694812_thumb.j