Bbc Worldwide To Launch Channels In Thailand

Wedemeyer

I tried to watch a few programmes on BBC Ent but they were pretty awful. Either I have lost my sense of humour or they really were crap. Certainly not worth Baht 170. But then I do not spend much time in front of the idiot box anyway.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC iplayer is easy to watch in Thailand using a proxy. It's even better than live TV as you can choose from any programme over the past week or more.

Yeah but you have to watch it on your computer screen rather than on your TV from your Lazyboy.

Having said that, anyone with a WDTV media player connected to a UK VPN can watch BBC iPlayer on their TVs. Latest documentaries, soaps, drama etc for free AND watch stuff you've downloaded and stored on your hard drive. Truevisions is SO heading for the bin.

BBC iplayer is easy to watch in Thailand using a proxy. It's even better than live TV as you can choose from any programme over the past week or more.

Yeah but you have to watch it on your computer screen rather than on your TV from your Lazyboy.

Having said that, anyone with a WDTV media player connected to a UK VPN can watch BBC iPlayer on their TVs. Latest documentaries, soaps, drama etc for free AND watch stuff you've downloaded and stored on your hard drive. Truevisions is SO heading for the bin.

I am afraid your right ,just to little to late ,when they cancelled the bbc we all downgraded got off our bums and looked elswhere ,i for one never looked back ,now watch progs that are a couple of days old instead of years old ,and for free.

• 4 weeks later...
Is BBC Entertainment showing the new Top Gear, series 18, as promised?

The latest series of Top Gear is showing on BBC Knowledge (Gold + Plat), slightly after UK airing - first episode Feb 12th

http://www.bbc-asia.com/topgear/

totster

And the India special which was first aired in the UK on the 28h December,so much for all this 5 year old repeat lark.

Sent from stoney's iPad using ThaiVisa app

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone technically minded tell me if the programmes are being broadcast in the modern 16:9 format,

or are the still pushing programmes out in the old 4:3 format

Maybe PaulBax as his dreambox will give the relevant detail about the signal?

Thanks

All the old programmes that I recorded a year or so back have had to be replaced with torrents

to get the right format to fill my LCD screen bah.gif

• 1 month later...

Can anyone technically minded tell me if the programmes are being broadcast in the modern 16:9 format,

or are the still pushing programmes out in the old 4:3 format

Maybe PaulBax as his dreambox will give the relevant detail about the signal?

Thanks

All the old programmes that I recorded a year or so back have had to be replaced with torrents

to get the right format to fill my LCD screen bah.gif

All the BBC channels broadcast by Truevisions (Knowledge, Lifestyle, Entertainment, CBeebies) are standard definition 4:3 signal, even with the HD box; but new shows are shown mostly widescreen format 16:10 aspect ratio, i.e. they have black bars at top and bottom. The channel logo usually overlaps though, so it's not quite a clean cut if you adjust your TV's zoom/crop/ratio setting to make the picture fill the screen. Depends on how good your TV is at adjusting and/or upscaling.

None are in HD though (yet :wai: )!

Great news this! I was gutted when they took off BBC ent before and I too downgraded to Gold because of it.

I will be paying the 170 baht per month for sure, they may be 5 year old repeats (which is an exaggeration anyway) but it is still 10x than anything else on UBC.

Not really an exaggeration, I'm now watching True repeats of Top Gear 9 nightly!!